Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Mine's working fine. What do I get?
If you managed to get it right on your first attempt, I would suggest a lottery ticket.

I can understand the difficulty of multi-lingual instructions for something like the updater software, but the pictures alone are not enough. And what the heck is the "Headphone button"?

(I updated fairly easily this time, but the previous update was strained, at best, and two friends had difficulty with this one)

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just used it right out of the box...works fine, finds good stuff deep, now I just need better sites.

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm seeing a number of Facebook sites where folks are saying that the 0.7 release drastically reduces depth and make the machine noisier, although I can't say that I've seen any good well controlled tests yet... just subjective complaints. Anybody here seeing those issues?

CarsonChris

Feb 11, 2019
Carson City NV
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm seeing a number of Facebook sites where folks are saying that the 0.7 release drastically reduces depth and make the machine noisier, although I can't say that I've seen any good well controlled tests yet... just subjective complaints. Anybody here seeing those issues?
My XPD2 struggles for depth in all versions. Hot soil. Need to work on tuning it to what works. V6 and V7 struggle to hit a 6" dime. So does my equinox.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess I'm happy I didn't update mine then. I never saw the reason to jump and make changes to things that worked as they were. I have had no problems with depth or discrimination in the as-sold settings.

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I guess I'm happy I didn't update mine then. I never saw the reason to jump and make changes to things that worked as they were. I have had no problems with depth or discrimination in the as-sold settings.
I cautioned my friend who wants to go back to version 6 that she shouldn't blindly trust a few gloomy Facebook reports though. Human nature is like that. There are people that will profess failure based on purely subjective tests. Hell, if I can't tell that v 0.7 is better, how can they tell that its worse? I would have to have two identical machines side by side in the same coil and looking at the same target with all other settings being equal, and even then it would be difficult to make sure you are swinging the coil the same with both.

To a certain extent, you have to trust the engineers, programmers, beta testers and management of XP.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread