DEUS custom made programs

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Reason 1: With ID Norm off you can use the fact that Target ID increases with frequency as a tool to ferret out mixed ferrous and falsing ferrous targets. Specifically, on the Deus, steel crown bottlecaps tend to ring up like a high conductor in the high 80's low 90's (dime or quarter) depending on what frequency you are using. If the target is a true high conductor, if you increase or decrease the frequency (most easily done by setting up two custom programs adjacent to each other which are identical but differ in frequency such that you can easily switch between them using the +/- buttons) , a true high conductor's target ID will increase or decrease accordingly with frequency while a bottlecap or falsing ferrous will likely do the opposite of that when you change frequency. Nowadays, I mainly go by tone and tonal quality to bypass crown caps, but the ability to see how a target responds to different frequencies is a useful tool and allowing target ID to "float" with frequency can be useful. Obvious downside is that you have to mentally be aware that target ID will shift with frequency. That why I never memorize specific target IDs but ID "ranges" for common targets.

Reason 2: XP has chosen to normalize to 18 khz. This tends to jam all the high conductors target IDs up into the 90's and you lose the convenient wider spread of target IDs when using the lower frequencies.

Reason 3: The HF coils lack ID norm, so if you are switching between HF and LF coils, IMO it is better if they all behave the same with respect to target ID variation with Freq.

Caveat: The new X35 coils include 25khz which is above 18 khz, but ID Norm still normalizes to 18khz so using ID Norm only at 25 khz has the advantage of spreading the high end TIDs out a little (18khz reference) which gives more TID high end separation. Just an interesting little trick/quirk, but I still prefer to keep ID norm off across the board for all my custom programs and regardless of what coil I use. HTH

Agreed, great informative post!

templar12

Aug 8, 2013
Guys was wondering who would post the US relic pitch program for me I can’t seem to find it. Thanks in advance. And good hunting.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The relic pitch program is just Deus fast with discrimination set as desired (between 6.5 and 10), I like to use 7 or 8 and Tones set to pitch vice multi or full tones. I like to set the pitch frequency to the highest setting which is something like 633 Hz or thereabouts. Frequency: set as desired - I like 25 khz to 28 khz for relic hunting and 12 to 14 khz for coin shooting. Reactivity set at 2, 2.5, or 3 depending on iron and junk target density (3 for max separation, 2 for max depth). Iron volume at 2 or 3. Audio response at 4 or 5. Set sensitivity at 88 to 93 wherever you get the least chatter. Lower to low 80's if "sifting" for shallower non-ferrous targets amongst iron. No notches. Set GB as necessary for your soil. Swing away.

gravityboy

Jul 18, 2018
Virginia, USA
Detector(s) used
Whites 4900Di
Tesoro Tejon
Garrett AT Pro
Nokta Fors CoRe
Makro Racer 2
Nokta Simplex+
XP Deus
Minelab NOX 600
Minelab GPX 4800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Guys was wondering who would post the US relic pitch program for me I can’t seem to find it. Thanks in advance. And good hunting.

Sorry that was me that posted on FB calling it the "US relic pitch" program...I needed a name so it wouldn't be confused with the built-in pitch program. And as you see it was stolen from vferrari and Calabash Digger right here! :) Glad v got you an answer. I did update the original FB post with what I used too...swing on!

Pat2284

Jun 7, 2017
Berlin, Md
Detector(s) used
XP Deus Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With all due respect to the man who brought it to us, mine is named 'CDRELIC' and sits in between 'Sifter' and a revised 'Hot'. CTTodd is in there too.

Last edited:

fishstick

Silver Member
Oct 28, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, T2SE, F2 for the boys, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The relic pitch program is just Deus fast with discrimination set as desired (between 6.5 and 10), I like to use 7 or 8 and Tones set to pitch vice multi or full tones. I like to set the pitch frequency to the highest setting which is something like 633 Hz or thereabouts. Frequency: set as desired - I like 25 khz to 28 khz for relic hunting and 12 to 14 khz for coin shooting. Reactivity set at 2, 2.5, or 3 depending on iron and junk target density (3 for max separation, 2 for max depth). Iron volume at 2 or 3. Audio response at 4 or 5. Set sensitivity at 88 to 93 wherever you get the least chatter. Lower to low 80's if "sifting" for shallower non-ferrous targets amongst iron. No notches. Set GB as necessary for your soil. Swing away.

That's what I've been running and it's a BEAST of a program!!!!!! THX y'all.....

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

brianc053

Jan 27, 2015
Morris County, NJ
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Start with Deus Fast and go from there.

Hey vferrari, this is what I've been doing and I've been happy with the results.
But once I've covered a site - for example: an 1800's homesite - with the customized version of Fast, how do you feel about the concept of also applying a version of Deep to the same location?
I'm noticing that Deep (or versions of it) seems to do what it says - provide more information on deeper targets, or even identify smaller deeper ones that Fast may miss - but also Deep seems to be less accurate/clear as to the target's information.

(To give credit where credit is due, the idea of trying a Deep-based program first came from watching Grant Hansen's videos on Youtube.)

- Brian

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey vferrari, this is what I've been doing and I've been happy with the results.
But once I've covered a site - for example: an 1800's homesite - with the customized version of Fast, how do you feel about the concept of also applying a version of Deep to the same location?
I'm noticing that Deep (or versions of it) seems to do what it says - provide more information on deeper targets, or even identify smaller deeper ones that Fast may miss - but also Deep seems to be less accurate/clear as to the target's information.

(To give credit where credit is due, the idea of trying a Deep-based program first came from watching Grant Hansen's videos on Youtube.)

- Brian

I have a custom Deep program occupying a slot on my Deus - that should answer your question. ;)

Gator Gold

Greenie
Jan 24, 2015
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab SBC 2300, Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
starting this on Request.
If you have a Custom made Program for the Deus, you wish to share.
Please post it in this Thread.
Hello. I just came across this thread and am wondering if anyone has a good stack of programs for the Deus 1 with the 9” X35 coil? I hunt primarily in Florida and Georgia and go for Civil War relics and coins. Thanks in advance.

brianc053

Jan 27, 2015
Morris County, NJ
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello. I just came across this thread and am wondering if anyone has a good stack of programs for the Deus 1 with the 9” X35 coil? I hunt primarily in Florida and Georgia and go for Civil War relics and coins. Thanks in advance.
Hi Gator. I experimented with the Deep and the Fast programs as my base, but ultimately decided to use a modified version the Hot program as my typical relic-hunting program.
I start with Hot, and then adjust the settings to look like this:
- Discrimination: -4.0
- in Expert on Discrimination I use Full Tones
- sensitivity: 90 (sometimes I crank it up to 93 on site)
- frequency: 12khz by default (sometimes adjust to 18khz)
- iron volume 0
- reactivity: 2.5
- in Expert, the Silencer is on -1
- audio response: 3
- and I don't touch notch.

Hope this helps.

Also, if you haven't done so, find Grant Hansen's YouTube videos on the Deus 1. (They may be under Grant Hansen, and they may be under XP Metal Detecting USA). He experiments with two programs he calls Magnum and 357 Magnum. I've tried those too, but like the Hot one I described above.

Good luck!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread