Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Oh I hear you.
Explorer
ETRAC
CTX3030
Deus
Thinking of just hiding some and doing it.
Oh ya any resale in the multitude of one hand pinpointers.🤣🤣🤣

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have 4 Excalibur IIs, all with different coils, and 3 are highly custom with remote pinpoint, and straight shafts, at most I would only sell one excal, keeping my Nox and one of my 2 CTX 3030s and I have no desire at all to buy new Deus or Nokta.

Last edited:

Rad1sh

Sep 22, 2019
Olympia, Washington
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex White Coinmaster ( Burghandy)
Garret Ace 250 Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As I mentioned a couple times I liquidated all 5 of my detectors to enable me to order my Deus II. I only regret selling the Orx, I just wanted it for backup. I’m thinking the Deus Ii will be all I need.
How was the ORX? Did you use it for Gold and did you coinshoot with it? I am thinking of getting one.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have 4 Excalibur IIs, all with different coils, and 3 are highly custom with remote pinpoint, and straight shafts, at most I would only sell one exca, keeping my Nox and one of my 2 CTX 3030s and I have no desire at all to buy Deus or Nokta.
Would that be called endentured to a certain Minelab manufacturer. 😁

Just kidding aside you have the bases covered it seems.
But if one is proven to do the work of many, would that convince some to lighten the load?

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have 4 Excalibur IIs, all with different coils, and 3 are highly custom with remote pinpoint, and straight shafts, at most I would only sell one exca, keeping my Nox and one of my 2 CTX 3030s and I have no desire at all to buy Deus or Nokta.
Look I love Minelab or did...I have a Excall II for underwater use and a Nox ...I will say this I am done with minelab .....Why would I want to swing a boat anchor excall over a 2 pound feather that performs better from what I have seen so far .
I am not brand loyal or have a love affair with one brand I use the best tool for what I do.
I dont understand your post???
Do you not like lightweight waterproof detectors?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look I love Minelab or did...I have a Excall II for underwater use and a Nox ...I will say this I am done with minelab .....Why would I want to swing a boat anchor excall over a 2 pound feather that performs better from what I have seen so far .
I am not brand loyal or have a love affair with one brand I use the best tool for what I do.
I dont understand your post???
Do you not like lightweight waterproof detectors?
I always hunt with a harness, been using harnesses for well over 13 years, weight is not an issue. I get over 15 inches with my excals, many times 15 to 20 inches as I primarily hunt with large coils using reverse discrimination.

I have owned and used White, Tesoros, Troy, Fishers, and Noktas. I have no desire or need to buy any new detector just for a few new bells and whistles.

Would that be called endentured to a certain Minelab manufacturer. 😁

Just kidding aside you have the bases covered it seems.
But if one is proven to do the work of many, would that convince some to lighten the load?

I see no need to spend the money to buy any new detectors just to own the latest.

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That’s cause your getting old TH….unlike me! 😂

LOL, hey Dan. How is it going.... Just not buying something for a few different bells and whistles.

CZKidd

Dec 12, 2018
NW FL
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI Beach Hunter
Equinox 800, Equinox 600
XP DEUS, XP DEUS 2
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I plan to keep my two EQX 800s but.....what do I do with my highly modified Excalibur II and my CTX 3030 with 4 coils and all those accessories?? :dontknow: :laughing7:
My Deus and coils are up on ebay right now. Only got one bid on it but a few watchers. Did not really have to sell it, but had a great summer with my finds. Actually found so much good stuff, I can even buy the 11" XPD2Coil as soon as it is humanly possible. Ordered my XPD2 on 11/2. Oh and my NOX 600, still on the fence, something about having another detector around and maybe wanting to hear something different every now and then, is keeping it around, for now

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I got tired of looking at wall hangers. Sold a few off. Always nice to be in tune with one machine vs fumbling with many...just my opinion of course. I know a lot of people who hunt different sites and require special equipment but for someone like me that hunts mainly inland and the once a year beach hunt one machine is just fine. If you do sell the CTX please message me. I got a digging buddy who is looking for a used one.

1LWiL15

Nov 15, 2021
Upstate New York
Detector(s) used
Barska Winbest Elite Edition, Bounty Hunter TK-IV, Garrett Ace 400, Garrett AT Gold, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Ace Apex, XP ORX, XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
How was the ORX? Did you use it for Gold and did you coinshoot with it? I am thinking of getting one.
I had an ORX for a little while before I sold it to get the DEUS 1. It really shines at older sites with lots of iron, and it gets great depth (10"+ w/ the 9" HF coil) and is very simple and easy to use. I sold mine because I like having a lot of bells and whistles and adjustments to make to my detector. If you are that sort of person that likes a lot of features to tinker with then maybe consider the DEUS. The ORX does get the same depth though. Overall I would definitely recommend it to someone who wants to start out with XP products.

OP
OP
ColonelDan

ColonelDan

Jan 19, 2014
Central Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
The CTX was sold after only two hours in the Classifieds forum. It was a solid performer for me and the finder of all those Seminole Indian War artifacts that now reside in a museum.
Next up on the fire sale block will be my tricked out Excalibur II.

Moe (fl)

Jul 25, 2007
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Whites, Tesoro, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I own an excal-2 and an equinox 800. Both are excellent detectors. The excal-2 performs better in wet mineralized sand. It has no issue. The equinox seems less accurate in wet mineralized sand. I would not get rid of my excal-2.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread