Deus II is on Order; Now A Troubling Question

pulltabfelix

Bronze Member
Jan 29, 2018
North Atlanta
Detector(s) used
Currently have CTX3030 and Vanquish 440.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have owned both. what type of hunting do you do? Real trashy areas full of pop tops, pull tabs, bottle caps, crew caps, can slaw, etc?

Then I can give my opinion.

OP
OP
ColonelDan

ColonelDan

Jan 19, 2014
Central Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I prefer the Equinox for the superior processor speed, sensitivity and weight. The CTX has the edge on target ID.
As for depth, there are so many factors that affect depth that I don’t put much stock in such comparisons.

pulltabfelix

Bronze Member
Jan 29, 2018
North Atlanta
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I didn't read everything, but...if the Deus II is as good as they say...it will make everything else OBSOLETE! But we've heard that before, and it was not true.
the Equinox did not obsolete the CTX3030, at least for me. I sold my 800 last month and bought a CTX3030 and I am a happy camper. Not saying, the 800 wasn't good it just was not good for me and my type of hunting in very trashy areas filled with aluminum junk.

charlives

Jan 16, 2012
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Dan, Sounds like you're saying 3030 and Nox are similar performers. They aren't similar in price though. Which leads me to the Deus2...I'd would hope it outperforms the Nox as its twice as much. Ive been saying this the past 4 yrs when people were comparing Deus1 and Nox...that they're in the same ballpark is amazing when price is considered...and many thought Deus1 wasn't in Nox's league!

OP
OP
ColonelDan

ColonelDan

Jan 19, 2014
Central Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus II
Primary Interest:
Dan, Sounds like you're saying 3030 and Nox are similar performers. They aren't similar in price though. Which leads me to the Deus2...I'd would hope it outperforms the Nox as its twice as much. Ive been saying this the past 4 yrs when people were comparing Deus1 and Nox...that they're in the same ballpark is amazing when price is considered...and many thought Deus1 wasn't in Nox's league!
NOX vs CTX is like anything…a trade off in terms of different aspects of performance. I’ve used both extensively and just personally prefer the Equinox.
Having said that, I also owned an original Deus and it was a good, well built detector but being selectable single frequency, it just didn’t work for me in a saltwater environment. From what I’ve seen of the Deus II, it is a solid performer in many ways that appeal to me. Based on my experience with that original Deus, I’m confident, not positive but very confident, that the Deus II will be more well built than the Equinox i e no coil ear breakage problems, no wobbly shafts or broken arm cuffs and no flooding.
I’m thinking the Deus II has a good chance of becoming my #1 choice. But…I’ll know for sure once I get my hands on one.

pulltabfelix

Bronze Member
Jan 29, 2018
North Atlanta
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
When you compare the 800 with the CTX3030 there are easy to identify differences. I have owned both, Nox 800 3 years , my new CTX3030 about 45 days. Price is one, weight is another, quality of build is another and the CTX X-Y (FE-CO) color display with target trace is a huge difference.

But now lets ignore those and consider performance. All around all purpose use the Nox wins over the CTX. It is four very good detectors in one package. Being easily programmed to cherry pick silver coins, the CTX is the clear winner of the Nox 800. Ease of programming with the Xchange2 software is much better than the 800. Audio bins on the 800 can get confusing. It is crystal clear, drag and drop with the Xchange2 software.

Shaft issues, none on the CTX and the 800 feels cheap and wobbles. Internal wires in CTX shaft is so nice to be able to collapse the CTX with ease even with your hands full. Accurate depth gauge that reads in easy to under stand number of inches instead of bars, I love it. The 800 depth gauge was practically useless for me.

Quiet vs chatty, CTX wins hands down. Nox 800 being a hot machine reported on every minute speck of metal under the coil. Fine for beach hunters looking for micro jewelry on a clean ocean beach. Suck for people hunting coins and rings in a trashy park. To quiet the 800 down you had to lower the sensitivity and then you were hunting in the 4-5" trash range. Bottom line, the CTX is not for everyone, nor is the Nox 800 for everyone.

Relic hunting out in the country with little or no metallic trash, the 800 is a real winner. Same with in the desert away from modern trash, the 800 is a winner. It this is the type of hunting you do, then the nox 800 is the best value over the CTX.

The Mine lab pro swing harness is an answer to the weight problem. Not a perfect answer, but an answer that I can live with. I cannot swing the CTX strock coil for more than 30 min before my arm/wrist are tired.
95% of my hunting is trashy civil war sites for relics in urban Atlanta and Atlanta parks that also are very trashy. Hence my decision to sell my 800 and buy a CTX3030.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Charlives, twice as much is not an overstatement. But I did have to pay sales tax and for overnight shipping because I wanted it for tomorrow (Feb. 12). I am not getting rid of my Tesoro Cibola or Deus I. My Deus I looks like a dog chew toy but works perfectly. The Deus II is built like a tank! Glad they didn't cut corners on it.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No, I can't make that promise. When I use a machine, I use a machine. The Tesoros and XP machines I have owned have been invincible.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I plan to keep my two EQX 800s but.....what do I do with my highly modified Excalibur II and my CTX 3030 with 4 coils and all those accessories?? :dontknow: :laughing7:
When I tried selling my CTX one guy did not what care what acc.s went with it he just wanted a price. I had 3 coils all on a minelab seperate shafts . 2 sets of Grey Ghost head phones (one was underwater head Phones) plus 2 sets of minelab head phones. 2 rechargeable batters plus the double battery pod 2 chargers manual, Andy S book on the ctx . No one is going to give you anywhere near what you have tied up in it. At least they did not care what acc's they just wanted a price. I decided to just keep it

OP
OP
ColonelDan

ColonelDan

Jan 19, 2014
Central Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus II
Primary Interest:
When I tried selling my CTX one guy did not what care what acc.s went with it he just wanted a price. I had 3 coils all on a minelab seperate shafts . 2 sets of Grey Ghost head phones (one was underwater head Phones) plus 2 sets of minelab head phones. 2 rechargeable batters plus the double battery pod 2 chargers manual, Andy S book on the ctx . No one is going to give you anywhere near what you have tied up in it. At least they did not care what acc's they just wanted a price. I decided to just keep it
Sold mine, all coils and accessories at a fire sale price. I never used it any more so I thought it help someone else out and free up space in my hobby room.

Reactions: ARC

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As I mentioned a couple times I liquidated all 5 of my detectors to enable me to order my Deus II. I only regret selling the Orx, I just wanted it for backup. I’m thinking the Deus Ii will be all I need.
My feelings a person should have at least 2 detectors. If you go on a long detecting trip someplace and something happens to your one detector do you just go back home ?
I think and this is just my opinion is i never go anyplace with only 4 tires I always have at least 5 :)

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like it. It is extremely deep. Around an energy source sometimes you have to switch to single frequency to eliminate all noise.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread