DEUS II v1.0 UPDATE

Ytcoinshooter

Tenderfoot
Aug 3, 2010
CT
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Equinox 600, F75 LTD SE, Whites V3i, ATPro, PI Pro, TDI Beach Hunter, CZ21, Excalibur 2 modded, Sea Hunter MK2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

robertk

Bronze Member
May 16, 2023
Missouri
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
White's Spectra v3i
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Whites Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But can we use the Safari browser to update? The website seems to say we have to have chrome or one of several others.
If you turn on the developer menu in Safari and change the user agent to something else, the XP site will allow you to start the upgrade process. However, I did not actually try to update with Safari -- I just loaded Brave and used that instead. I'd rather not take a chance on the upgrade breaking halfway through and bricking my machine.

Reactions: Yar

DigDog201

Jun 16, 2022
Everybody having different preferences doesn't explain making a change like that to one of the presets... some people liked it the way it was, too. Or, at least have become accustomed to it.
No i get it. My point nobody really complained before updatable detectors. You just use them the way they were. Now nobody is ever satisfied already wanting another update

OP
OP
Iron Buzz

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm sure XP has done enough research and listened to enough user comments to justify whatever changes they've made. I doubt they would have changed one of their preset programs without reason.

I'd assume users have suggested making Large Numbers part of one of the preset programs since this option seems to be popular. Since the General program would be considered the machine's most basic program, it seem logical to make Large Numbers the default in the General program rather than in any other, along with changing it to two-tone, making it an even more 'basic' program.

I could be completely wrong with my reasoning but seems logical to me.
That reason is often marketing, and I suspect that was the case here. The change to the big numbers display for General, in particular. Marketing said "Hey... we need an example of the Big Numbers and a 2 tone program." That's my 2 cent piece, anyway.

DigDog201

Jun 16, 2022
That reason is often marketing, and I suspect that was the case here. The change to the big numbers display for General, in particular. Marketing said "Hey... we need an example of the Big Numbers and a 2 tone program." That's my 2 cent piece, anyway.
It’s marketing alright. In this technological advanced world especially in this hobby people have to have the latest and greatest and if you don’t give it to them they will go someplace else to get it. Never satisfied even after an update they can’t wait for the next one.

robertk

Bronze Member
May 16, 2023
Missouri
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
White's Spectra v3i
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Whites Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never satisfied even after an update they can’t wait for the next one.
Speaking of the next one, they've already got a 1.1 update out. I just installed it on mine but haven't tried it yet.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It's rather easy-to-use. If I can do it, with a Mac I would be inclined to think you could do it.
Just register with Deus, they'll send a reply to that.
The actual download takes just a few minutes.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread