All Treasure Hunting

67GTA

Dec 3, 2017
Franklin, KY
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 XP Deus 2 Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Did you try adjusting the sensitivity? I find it is on par with my Garrett carrot as far as depth.

67GTA

Dec 3, 2017
Franklin, KY
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 XP Deus 2 Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There are Other modes for higher sensitivity one
So sensitive it’s only recommended for cache hunting

I forgot about that. I think if you control it through the RC you can really jack the sens up (am I remembering that right?). You can also adjust it with only button pushes to get the normal modes.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are four different programs. I think the default is "2" which does not give that much depth. I almost always use Program 3. Look at the top of the RC screen (with pinpointer ON) to see which program you are in. Press "+" or "-" to change programs.

OP
OP
M

mextallion

Jan 13, 2014
porterville calif
Detector(s) used
Spectrum xlt x-terra master huntercx gemini3 sierra madre, v3i, tdi, gti2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't tried adjusting with remote. I'm going to have to try it. Cause I'm jusgetting it paired n using like that. Thank you

brianc053

Jan 27, 2015
Morris County, NJ
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Mextallion (and others), this morning I was using my MI-6 along with my Deus (paired to the remote) and I was having the same problem you describe: i could not sense targets that I had dug out of the hole even from 1" away. I thought that maybe its battery charge was low or something.
Then I remembered this thread and I went into the Deus' remote menu for the MI-6, and I saw that the sensitivity was set to "7". I increased it to 10 and it didn't help. It was then I realized that the scale for sensitivity is from 1 to 50. I upped the sensitivity to 45 and it started falsing in the air, so I lowered it to 35 and then the pinpointer worked as expected and in a similar way to my Garrett.
Try adjusting the sensitivity of the MI-6 in the Deus remote and I suspect this will solve your problem. Good luck!

(Oh, I only got to detect for an hour and found one tombac button with partial shank and a buckle. Not bad for this field and that amount of time)

- Brian

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1619618589.356108.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1619618614.897987.jpg

eman1000

Feb 24, 2016
Elizabethtown, IN
Detector(s) used
XP Deus ORX, Etrac, F75, Simplex, MX5, V3i, Equinox, Tesoro Vaq, F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes setting mine to about 35 seems to be the sweet spot to get 2-3" inches in depth. The MI-6 paired through the headphones is a great combo!

desmobob

Apr 10, 2005
upstate NY -- Lake George region
Detector(s) used
XP Dēus, White's DFX, Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Initially, I was 't going to spend the money on the XP pinpointer. I already had a very nice older White's and a cheap carrot clone that both worked well. I eventually decided to splurge on the MI-6 and I'm glad I did. Having it work so well with the detector and the conveniences it offers are well worth it in my opinion.

I hope mextallion get his paired up and adjusted to work the way he wants.

Jeff in Pa

Feb 26, 2005
Pa
Detector(s) used
I have owned/own the Anfibio Multi, CTX, Etrac, Equinox, SE Pro, EX II, XS, Soveriegn Elite, Garrett Ace 250 and the Tesoro Vaquero
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I run mine at 40 on the sensitivity. That's the best pinpointer I have ever had and believe me I have had almost all of them.

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
.5 is a bit shallow but keep in mind you don't want too much sensitivity, that would defeat its purpose [of alerting when you are very close to a small metal object]

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I had the original version in the Deus-got it back with the updated version (excluding#s as I seem to quote them wrong all the time)
The pinpointer wasn't staying connected/but now it does.
Garrett carrot vs M-6-well it's night and day as far as pinpointing a target now-had the frustrating not picking it up with the carrot many times-now the M-6 is picking it up but not seeing it is an issue.
Very sensitive and bang on-love the remote silence action also.
Kind of reminded me of the after market pin pointer for the Explorers-except they worked the same as the unit for discrimination.
I hate the beeping out loud of any unit-stealth is so nice even on my permissions out in the middle of a field.
Let me hear the beeps in the headphones-not the world around me.
(This is from purchasing 8 PPs-Minelab pinpointer is very bottom rung) Lent it out a few times and the response was it was useless-the truth didn't hurt a bit-as it was the truth.)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions