Deus replacement batteries for coils and remote.

GuitarGuy

Apr 20, 2013
East Kentucky
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have sourced some battery replacements for the Deus remote and coils for people in the States with out of warranty machines. I haven't test fitted for phones but will within 48 hours. They are rated @ 680mah over the stock 630mah and are a snug fit (thickness) inside the remote but do fit as I have one already installed. If I find these are to thick for the wireless phones I will have some available very soon that will fit and aim to boost mah ratings there as well. I may also offer coil battery replacement services soon as well if demand is there.

Ebay ID: 162378858283

Update: They also fit the WS4 phones as well.

Last edited:

austin_luker

Oct 17, 2014
New York State
Detector(s) used
XP Dues (AKA: EMI Chaser/Dog fence lover)
9" X35 - 11" LF - HF Elliptical - MI6 -
Garrett AT Pro with Neil Storm Coil, NEL SharpShooter and Garrett Pro PinPointer AT (Carrot)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would be interested in the batteries, I have been thinking about doing some research to find higher capacity battery's to put in the coil and remote, headphones

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why? The batteries literally last for weeks even under heavy usage.

OP
OP
GuitarGuy

GuitarGuy

Apr 20, 2013
East Kentucky
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
"The batteries literally last for weeks even under heavy usage."

This is for out of warranty machines and all the batteries have a limited life cycle and will eventually crap out and either not charge or not hold a charge like they did when new. These and the ones made for Deus have a 500 to 1000 cycle life. They can last longer than that and some haven't even made it past the warranty. These have been test fitted for the remote and WS4's myself, the coils have plenty of space. The WS4 fit is really snug but they do fit. The best mah for the space was my goal when I had these made as well and this is the biggest one that will fit the phones and remote. I also can do the work to swap the battery in the coils if needed. I have them listed on Ebay for 13.99 each shipped. I will only have 30 available now as i'm keeping some back for coil battery swaps already booked. Not sure if I will be getting any more so 1st come 1st served as they say.

Last edited:

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GuitarGuy,

Austin Luker does not have an out of warranty machine, I was responding to his post regarding looking for higher capacity batteries - for a new machine. Didn't make sense to me. If out of warranty, I get it, why not put in the highest capacity that will still fit so I understood your original post. I just didn't think it was at all worth voiding a warranty for. Besides I think the later gen Deus' manufactured in the last couple years will have batteries that last several years past the warranty. I understand the early units had battery reliability issues. Hope that helps clarify where I was coming from.

Last edited:
OP
OP
GuitarGuy

GuitarGuy

Apr 20, 2013
East Kentucky
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Your fine, I wasn't sure if you knew they were aimed for out of warranty machines as well lol. I can now source face plates and other parts slightly cheaper than the States. I can take in an out of warranty machine with one coil and offer a complete overhaul basically. That would include a new face plate, or back plate if needed, all fresh batteries installed, new cam locks, and a nice cleanup for about $275 shipped back to them or anything in between depending on what they need done etc. Trying to get the word out as many don't have a clue this will need done eventually or may want it done to help resale etc. What many don't know about the batteries; they all have a limited life cycle even if strict charging and storage procedures are maintained. I think the biggest repair market would be in Europe now, but many machines bought in the States from Jan 2013 to 2014 will be out of warranty by two years and many more after the fact.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good to know. Will keep you in the Rolodex when the machine pops the warranty. Thanks.

shanegalang

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Island of Mozambique
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, X 35 coil, 11" LF coil, Deteknix headphones with WS4 puck, Fiskars steel D-Handle Transplanting Spade
Primary Interest:
Other
Guitar Guy, do you still offer these services and battery replacement etc? My ws4 puck takes three times longer to charge than the coil (coil is new, understandable) and remote (I assume will start requiring the same). They are out of warranty. Thanks!

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Guitar Guy, do you still offer these services and battery replacement etc? My ws4 puck takes three times longer to charge than the coil (coil is new, understandable) and remote (I assume will start requiring the same). They are out of warranty. Thanks!

See if he responds, but he hasn't posted in 2 1/2 yrs. Have you checked directly with Detector Electronics Corp who does the US warranty repair for XP for a quote? They seem to be pretty responsive and reasonable even for out of warranty claims (see this thread http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/deus/616895-headphone-repair-advice.html#post6302996). I bet they can get it done for a reasonable fee, plus it would be good info for others as many are reaching the end of their 5-yr., warranty (2 years if purchased before 2013).

Detector Electronics Corp.
23 Turnpike Road
Southboro, MA 01772
508-460-6244

Warranty Registration Info

https://www.xpmetaldetectorsamericas.com/warranty

shanegalang

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Island of Mozambique
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, X 35 coil, 11" LF coil, Deteknix headphones with WS4 puck, Fiskars steel D-Handle Transplanting Spade
Primary Interest:
Other
See if he responds, but he hasn't posted in 2 1/2 yrs. Have you checked directly with Detector Electronics Corp who does the US warranty repair for XP for a quote? They seem to be pretty responsive and reasonable even for out of warranty claims (see this thread http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/deus/616895-headphone-repair-advice.html#post6302996). I bet they can get it done for a reasonable fee, plus it would be good info for others as many are reaching the end of their 5-yr., warranty (2 years if purchased before 2013).

Detector Electronics Corp.
23 Turnpike Road
Southboro, MA 01772
508-460-6244

Warranty Registration Info

https://www.xpmetaldetectorsamericas.com/warranty

Thank you very much for this information sir. does it sound like it's time for replacements based on what I described? and would you advide I change the remote batts as well? Thanks again!

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would do the remote only if it is showing issues related to holding a charge or taking a long time to reach full charge. Also, take care to note whether your 3-pronged charge cables are experiencing intermittent open circuits that can interrupt the charge cycle. These cables are subject to wear and tear and can get kinked which results in intermittent connections or broken internal wires.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread