Devils Canyon

monkeymann

Jan 14, 2008
Devil's Canyon

Has anyone explored in Devil's Canyon????
On my TOPO map it is marked as being part of Quarts Mt. state park and seemed like it was off limited...of course.
Does anyone know just how serious the whole " Off limits" part is??? I would love to explore it but don't want to drive all that way only to be unable to access the area.
Someone please let me know!!
Thanks!
Dave

okietreasurehunter

Oct 12, 2004
South Central Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
TF 900, Schonstedt, Whites, Garrett, GPR, etc.
Re: Devil's Canyon

Three sides of the canyon are privately owned and are definitely off limits. You can still access the state owned part, but it is a good hike.

jessejames303

Feb 12, 2008

why waste your time,as this treasure has been found long ago.....I hear tell that a group went in to look for this site......but forgot to take their shovels......!!!!.......one of the party left coke can above on cliff so they could spy it from a distance the next weekend when they returned.....well, someone of this bunch OR someone who was spying on them(never found out which) returned and dug a hole below where the coke can sat.......Hmmmm.....was not me....!

OP
OP
M

monkeymann

Jan 14, 2008

I'm not sure which treasure related to Devil's Canyon it is that your refering to???
There are numerious storys regarding the Canyon as well as the area????"
Which one are you talking about???

jessejames303

Feb 12, 2008

THe map of this area was published in Steve Wilson's book "Okla. Treasures......." Not sure the page ....will lookit up for you.

Mar 3, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
THe map of this area was published in Steve Wilson's book "Okla. Treasures......." Not sure the page ....will lookit up for you.

Did you look this up? Ive been here a few times found really cool items wondering if i was in the right place or not. I live less than an hour away and spend alot of time in the canyon

pyledriver

Dec 5, 2007
North Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold, CTX3030, SDC2300, GoFind 60, Whites TM-808, Dip Needle, EYES
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Sent you a PM TGH..

okie-carbine

Apr 28, 2013
Detector(s) used
still shopping.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i live near friendship. just a stone's throw from there.

i went up there the other day, just driving around. as close as you can drive is up to the winters' gate. and there is no public access from there. as has been mentioned, you will need to walk in from the quartz mountain side.

i wouldn't mind having a look around in there is somebody was going.

i am just now starting to research some more of the area.

also went and walked around lugert recently. didn't accomplish much since i don't have a md yet. the brush and stickers are pretty thick around the town foundations.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread