Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Native Americans would often use broken cast iron pots and form arrowheads during the transition where they lost all their technology. That being said I have not seen one with a lobed base.

Older The Better

Silver Member
Apr 24, 2017
south east kansas
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Native Americans would often use broken cast iron pots and form arrowheads during the transition where they lost all their technology. That being said I have not seen one with a lobed base.
Kind of where I’m at… nothing like I’ve seen in my research of trade era artifacts but, when your talking home made its tough to say what they produced.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If made of lead, no. If of brass, possible. I haven't seen one with a notched base, but it is a possibility. They were (on the East Coast) mainly 17th century items the American Indians made from imported brass kettles and they made the "arrowheads" out of them. What state did it come from and what is the material?

OP
OP
Q
Sep 11, 2022
If made of lead, no. If of brass, possible. I haven't seen one with a notched base, but it is a possibility. They were (on the East Coast) mainly 17th century items the American Indians made from imported brass kettles and they made the "arrowheads" out of them. What state did it come from and what is the material?
Came out if a field in costal RI that’s produced a lot of stone points over the years

MAMucker

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2019
Massachusetts
Primary Interest:
Other
I don’t know if that is a kettle point, but it could be. These are associated with the Post-Contact transitional end to the Stone Age. The brass kettle in those days could be likened to our modern day plastic bucket.

Good article below:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I don’t know if that is a kettle point, but it could be. These are associated with the Post-Contact transitional end to the Stone Age. The brass kettle in those days could be likened to our modern day plastic bucket.

Good article below:

Materials that were used as kettles, parts of keg bands, wagon wheel banding.
Here is a find from 50yrs +, from the shoreline of an interior lake in BC.
Not far from some pictographs that are on rock outcropping along the waters edge.
20220913_083000.jpg

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread