Did the FBI find $600M in Civil War Gold in Pa. Forest ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We only did it to keep the state of Pennsylvania from getting it. Yeah, right.

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
Last edited:

Philvis

Mar 24, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
I'm not the biggest believer of the legend by any means, but the FBI doesn't do what they did for nothing. Something got them out there. My best bud is a Fed out West, and I've asked him about this a couple of times. He says they are compartmentalized and have no insight into other investigations. I'll break him eventually, haha.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
a comment @ the WP, said no O'Rourke, Michael or castleton were in the service
the Civil War Soldiers and Sailors database says there are, guess the war of the
rebellion dosent list all soldiers
Showing 58,004 results for O'Rourke, Michael
https://www.nps.gov/civilwar/search-soldiers.htm#sort=score+desc&q=O'Rourke,+Michael
Showing 18 results for Castleton
https://www.nps.gov/civilwar/search-soldiers.htm#sort=score+desc&q=Castleton

all those names can be easily misspelled. also misspell or mix up their given names, research gets even harder./

example what if one's name was Mike castle or Michael Rorke.
I've seen it happen Many times in news Articles, The names in one news paper are so far from the names in another,
you need to wonder who screwed up, or did they guess from a bad memory ? or Different Article / even ranks can be mixed

Last edited:

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All of all would like to know how much did the FBI and other federall government agencies spend on this project and in Court.

ole miss rebel

Feb 22, 2013
North Mississippi
Detector(s) used
White's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You seem to be talking about the FBI as a monolithic entity. They are as compartmentalized as any federal entity that might hold sensitive information. It does not matter if there were 1,000 FBI agents a crime scene , it does not matter if fifty took part in accomplishing a crime, only two would need be conscious of what is going on to commit a criminal conspiracy.

How many N.A.Z.I.s were aware of the systematic extermination of Jews (and other groups deemed undesirable) in the early 1940's? We don't know for sure. But not all the Germans were in on it. Remember the Nerumberg trials?

--"I was just following orders...."--

And no, I am not saying a crime was or was not committed at Dent's Run.

Know your history? Show me documentation of "systematic extermination of jews". They (jews) were to be relocated just as what happened with the American Indians. Sad so many died in the holding camps tho.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Know your history? Show me documentation of "systematic extermination of jews". They (jews) were to be relocated just as what happened with the American Indians. Sad so many died in the holding camps tho.

They were not holding camps, they were extermination camps. Topic is FBI and the Pa gold.

Last edited:

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Custom Designs and Prototypes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've seen it happen Many times in news Articles, The names in one news paper are so far from the names in another,
you need to wonder who screwed up, or did they guess from a bad memory ? or Different Article / even ranks can be mixed

According to the WP, it was first written down in 1961. That's 100 years worth of getting the details wrong, assuming the story is true.

The 1960s and 70s were the heyday of the 'true west' and 'true treasure' type magazines and they offered $$ for articles. You can bet that people were fabricating stories as fast as they could cash the checks. Does anyone recall the exact issue that Dents Run first appeared?

OP
OP
FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Clearfield Pa. and Nova Scotia, Canada
Detector(s) used
Schonstedt sopt, GPL , 2 box, Dowsing Rods, Long Range Locators, Radar, Bounty Hunter & a lot more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good things happen to those who wait, Our case is now headed to Federal Court and soon the truth will come out about what the FBI removed from Dents Run. :hello2:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good things happen to those who wait, Our case is now headed to Federal Court and soon the truth will come out about what the FBI removed from Dents Run. :hello2:

:coffee2: Thread Closed till there are more Legit Updates from
FinderKeeper

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread