Different times

piegrande

Bronze Member
May 16, 2010
In 1962, I bought a 1936 Chevrolet. It was a fun car, and the seats were more comfortable than an easy chair in the house. It would go on ice and snow and mud where newer cars just burned up the tires spinning. It had a 6 volt system so it was not a reliable starter, which is why I sold it. I did retrofit it for new 6 volt head lamps. neighbor was a blacksmith and he did the metal work to fit the head lamps in the shell.

But, it seemed like an ancient relic.

It was only 26 years old. Today if you bought a 1996 car, it would not seem so old. Or is it just me?

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
36 chevys are beautiful cars. I worked for a crop duster as a flagger in Iowa in the mid 70s and once I parked my truck out in an old farm yard off the main gravel road to get to the field to flag and there was an old corn crib where I parked and in it was a beautiful barn stored all original 1936 Chevy pickup. I asked the farmer if he'd be willing to sell it, but he said his son had plans for it and he wasn't willing to part with it, as he was telling me it was a hotrod project he was hoping to eventually get to. I bought a 1996 Ford F150, 4x4 in maybe 2012 with 75k on it and used it for my job. It was a manual with the 4.9 inline 6. I drove it all over the western states. I retired it with just over 340k. I always thought 1996 was the last good year of vehicles made simple and long lasting

Attachments

• my ford 150.jpg
    my ford 150.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 15
Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions