Diggin into pegmatite II.

wilfndgold

Aug 29, 2013
perris, ca
Detector(s) used
garret
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since those homeless people are still camped out near my spot that I was working on. Im going to go check out these spots tomorrow as you can see lots of potential I dont see many signs that anyones ever been diggin around out there. I,ll take pictures and post them when I get back.8-):hello: 1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg

OP
OP
W

wilfndgold

Aug 29, 2013
perris, ca
Detector(s) used
garret
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found so much pegmatite out there today it was overwhelming I saw some Mica books 2 inches thick easy, But no Lapidolite ??? There was Black Tourmaline up the ying yang! It was everywhere And quite a bit of Almandine Garnets to. I didnt even do any real digging I was just walking along these long veins and looking at what was on the surface, Lots of pink felspar. I was only out there for maybe 2 hours I should of taken a bucket so by the time I got hungry and left my pockets were so full I had to use one hand to hold my pants up! Serious Lol. If anyone wants to go out there and help me look for colored Tourmaline I could use the extra eyes I dont know if theres anything but Black Tourmaline, But you never know. And I found some low quality small piece of yellow DSCF0922.JPG DSCF0942.JPG DSCF0953.JPG DSCF0954.JPG DSCF0957.JPG DSCF0958.JPG DSCF0959.JPG DSCF0960.JPG DSCF0970.JPG DSCF0974.JPG DSCF0984.JPG DSCF0994.JPG DSCF0995.JPG DSCF0996.JPG Baryl. Lots of Quarts but didnt see any terminated crystals so I dont know. There was a lot of black and gold Mica also.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
W

wilfndgold

Aug 29, 2013
perris, ca
Detector(s) used
garret
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today I was only able to get out there for not even an hour then the sun started goin down, But I got a few pics I circled in red a lot of the harder to notice peg on the tips of all the hills from what i can see if you were to dig down with some heavy equipment on those hills were the peg is visable on the tips of them underneath the dirt would probably reveal that the entire hill is mostlikely pegmatite below my feet, And thats a lot of peg it,s just a theory but thats the way it feels to me. Im just hoping to stumble on a spot were erosion/siesmic activity has revealed crystals from a pocket type of thing. Its a long shot but still. DSCF0001.JPG DSCF0006.JPG DSCF0010.JPG DSCF0015.JPG DSCF0017.JPG :hello:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
W

wilfndgold

Aug 29, 2013
perris, ca
Detector(s) used
garret
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Peg.

OK this is some of what I found out there yesterday I found A spot with a lot of Garnets I named it the Garnet patch I couldnt get many pics my batteries were goin dead. Theers still a lot of material to check out. :hello: DSCF0028.JPG DSCF0029.JPG DSCF0030.JPG DSCF0031.JPG DSCF0033.JPG DSCF0035.JPG DSCF0040.JPG DSCF0041.JPG DSCF0042.JPG The Garnets are low quality there was a couple that had good shape that were the size of a nickle though.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
W

wilfndgold

Aug 29, 2013
perris, ca
Detector(s) used
garret
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh yeah I thought this was kinda different. Ive never seen this stuff before at the end of one of the pegmatite veins it came to a stop and disapeared, At DSCF0026.JPG DSCF0027.JPG the end there was this darker striped material was'nt peg at all thought it was kinda wierd what do you guys think of it? :dontknow:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
W

wilfndgold

Aug 29, 2013
perris, ca
Detector(s) used
garret
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
must have cooled really fast?

Well today it was just more of the same (Sigh...) Don't a couple of those photos look like It cooled real face A lot of those crystals are really small. DSCF0055.JPG DSCF0060.JPG DSCF0064.JPG DSCF0065.JPG DSCF0068.JPG DSCF0070.JPG DSCF0071.JPG DSCF0073.JPG :hello:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
W

wilfndgold

Aug 29, 2013
perris, ca
Detector(s) used
garret
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well its gonna be like 100 to 107 out here today so theres not much time for diggin It,s 6 am rite now so Im gonna do some actual digging were all those garnets were. Again I,ll post pic,s when I get back. :hello:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
W

wilfndgold

Aug 29, 2013
perris, ca
Detector(s) used
garret
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Freakin Hot!

Really hot already, To hot for this kid to be hicking up and down those hills. Well the first thing I saw when I pulled outa my driveway was this big balloon. Looked awesome. Poked around a little bit found garnets, lots and lots of mica, And beautiful Pink Quartz. Needless to say I didnt last long sweat goin in my eyes what not. Only got 3 pics: DSCF0084.JPG DSCF0085.JPG 8-) :hello: DSCF0086.JPG

Upvote 0

meMiner

Bronze Member
Jul 22, 2014
Port Perry, Ontario
Detector(s) used
Minelab 800,
Fisher CZ21, F75SE, Gold Bug 2.9 & Minelab GPX 5000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What can be done with the mica?

What has worked for me around areas with books of mica is to hit the nearby rock with a small hammer and hope to hear a hollow sound. That has been some of my best spots for crystals, especially in a spot with a color change.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread