Digging ditches!!!

KSDirtfisher77

Jun 26, 2022
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites V3I
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well got out for a couple hours today, decided to do something I've never done.
I decided to metal detect the ditch along main street in my little town.
Well it wasnt too bad of a little hunt, couple wheat pennies, among some other fine items!
Found a used car lot in that ditch as well!!! Thanks for looking & dig on my friends!!!
20220921_184155.jpg
20220921_184155.jpg

Upvote 15

hollARDog

Jun 18, 2022
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been ๐Ÿ‘€ them ditches too. Especially when the grader comes through ๐Ÿค˜

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well it wasnt too bad of a little hunt, couple wheat pennies, among some other fine items!
Found a used car lot in that ditch as well!!! Thanks for looking & dig on my friends!!! View attachment 2047535 View attachment 2047535
Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found a used car lot in that ditch as well!!! Thanks for looking & dig on my friends!!! View attachment 2047535 View attachment 2047535
You did real good thanks for sharing with us., Please tell us more about the DITCH ? like what is it for ? The other day I was in Rogers Ohio detecting and a guy had dug a electric line ditch about 60 feet long. I swung my coil over the piled up dirt and found 3 wheat pennies in the mounds. It was very easy digging i might add LOL

OP
OP
K

KSDirtfisher77

Jun 26, 2022
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites V3I
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You did real good thanks for sharing with us., Please tell us more about the DITCH ? like what is it for ? The other day I was in Rogers Ohio detecting and a guy had dug a electric line ditch about 60 feet long. I swung my coil over the piled up dirt and found 3 wheat pennies in the mounds. It was very easy digging i might add LOL
It's just a water drainage ditch that runs thru the center of town, with a road that runs along it. School on 1 side of the road & ditch, then there are businesses on other side of road. I'd say its 1 of 4 main run-off water ways thru town.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you dig in the ditch its self or in the dirt piled up next to them ?

OP
OP
K

KSDirtfisher77

Jun 26, 2022
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites V3I
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Did you dig in the ditch its self or in the dirt piled up next to them ?
I hunted the ditch itself, as it is the original ditch. No piled dirt, just swung the coil right down the center of the ditch. I was surprised as to how many good signals were to dig in that ditch, plus I'm pretty sure I left some good targets, but you wont know unless you dig everything. Which I'm guilty of sometimes doing.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you see the piled up dirt you might try swinging the coil over it. It is easy digging :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread