Sep 3, 2013
United States
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:

Landfar

Greenie
Apr 2, 2011
How many peopel take infered photos over Gold Your argument is really silly when you think about it .
I tried this over a known Gold treasure site and Got an Aura first try So unless your going to try it yourself you could be a little more respectful to someone that has taken time from his day to try and inform you how to improve what your doing.
I wonder why, statistally, only a few people on the planet can do this? With all the people on earth taking multi-trillions of pictures every minute with every concevable type, age, style, format of camera, only a handfull of folks can ever (much less repeatedly) take these pics? The math must make this statistically inconceivable.

I'm not convinced, but, it's a pleasure to have a few of those folks right here on TreasureNet with us.

pearl54

Apr 20, 2012
mo.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you all for this great and interesting topic. I may have missed this so excuse me if I'm repeating but I assume this will only work on buried caches and not something hidden in a cave. Correct?

landman

Apr 27, 2005
New York
Detector(s) used
DRS Ground Exper
3 Foot Probe
Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
After 5 years on topic and nothing conclusive...was my $20 and several hours of reading this topic a waste?...time will tell, if it has not already been determined.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After 5 years on topic and nothing conclusive...was my $20 and several hours of reading this topic a waste?...time will tell, if it has not already been determined.

While I love any pioneer in my field of the hunt for heavy metals. Any piece of technology that could Id buried gold is expensive and owned by the govt. But if you have the aptitude dowsing or Lrl may be for you. Again some wont have the aptitude. As for a camera looking for buried gold it is not that far fetched. The Spanish and other cultures like the Mayan was very good at it. You can bet few use those old techniques today.

mextallion

Jan 13, 2014
porterville calif
Detector(s) used
Spectrum xlt x-terra master huntercx gemini3 sierra madre, v3i, tdi, gti2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Digital camaras

You only need a filter fixed in front of the lens but the value of the filter depends on the camera. Traditionally Polaroid SX-70 cameras used a UV filter (c.300nm) for aura photography but digital cameras work over a much larger wavelength range. The camera, which took the picture I posted used a 720nm IR filter but other cameras have needed 850nm or 1000nm.

Mr Midas, I am hoping you can help me. 5 years ago I purchased a Condon rebel egos 350. I also bought 3 it lenses. I went to Mexico n took like 500 pics. I also tried it in my back yard and I v old not see a pic of an aura. Please help. Did I get the wrong camara? You can email me at [email protected]

Krovas

Jul 25, 2007
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT MAX, Tesoro Compadre, Garrett ProPointer
This stinks of nigh-psychotic quackery, so why am I tempted to try it anyway?

EL_Marc

Nov 10, 2014
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT
Whites Eagle II
Whites TM808
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This reply is regarding to the Digitalcameras CAN see bured gold....

My question is: Is it possible to view buried gold Auroras with a camera with night vision? Such as the Sony palm hand camcorder with night vision? Or is that a totally different concept?

ohiochris

May 6, 2009
You guys , there is a reason this seeing treasure auras with a camera thing sounds so ridiculous....thats because it is.

Seden

Jan 28, 2008
Ohiochris,

I agree. Jeez for $500 on ebay you can get a new FLIR thermal infrared camera-now were talking results with detecting lode gold on the side of a hill or shallow enough in flat land. The trick there is to wait for fall when you get hot days and it cools off rapidly leaving the areas with heavy metallic concentrations to hold the heat!

jad_gooder

Apr 22, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi guys,
Does everybody buy product(s) (specially digital camera) from maxfynd site?
I'm looking for a digital camera for treasure hunting. I 'd like to know a digital camera can see or detect (for example) a gold coin in 8-10 meter underground really? Also, I visited a site (maxfynd.com) that introduced some special cameras such as the Fieldmaster , the Presidium, the Diving Cam & the Fieldmaster. But I don't know they are true. Could you please, lead me?

Gekoo

Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1.jpg 2.jpg

Canon D550 , first attempt IR photo capturing ....

Last edited:

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok...
So I have taken 125 gigabytes of photos...
And found 2 leaves that have red spray paint.

:P

Bumbalawski

Mar 2, 2015
Beans Cove Pa.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a FLIR E4 infrared camera (hacked to E6 capabilities). It cost about $1000. You say it can see gold. I will field test next time I have it out. I use it primarily for thermal detection of caves with good results.

Last edited:

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Pocket dowsing L- Rods shown above. Whites Beach Comber, Bounty Hunter Sharp Shooter II, Whites TM 808, Canon 350D EOS Digital Rebel XT DSLR Camera.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This topic is fascinating and I am doing my own testing with my camera. All in all, from reading the posts on this, it is not a question of will or does it work, rather it boils down to the challenge of using the right light filter for the light conditions the moment one is taking a picture of a suspected target area. Has anyone here used a light meter in their experiments to better match the camera filter to the available light conditions?

Last edited:

btoushm

Greenie
Nov 25, 2012
I do not think so that Digital cameras CAN see buried gold all what you see is the temprtuer of the surface that's it

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Pocket dowsing L- Rods shown above. Whites Beach Comber, Bounty Hunter Sharp Shooter II, Whites TM 808, Canon 350D EOS Digital Rebel XT DSLR Camera.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I do not think so that Digital cameras CAN see buried gold all what you see is the temprtuer of the surface that's it
Ok, and why do you think not?

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other

I don't know about the other fella, but here is why I think not.

1. There would be some impressive banner finds if it was possible.

2. Since 2009, the start of this, nobody has posted a credible find as a result of this technique.

3. If it worked, we would all be doing it.

4. There would be NO buried gold left.

5. Major gold mining companies would already be doing this.

6. There would be a reality show about it.

7. I'd be stinking rich.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Major gold companies have several ways to find gold. Satelites is one. They can tell by the plants on the surface. Now you are talking about a hand held camera thats unmodified will not see a arora. Gold has been known to spark at nite causing flashes. Lightening has been known to strike gold, so thats a possibility. Aztec could find gold just looking for a blue mist in a fog. A camera could see that. The light spectrum we can and cant see would not pick up a arora with a digital camera. You would need to one prove a arora exist. Then you would have to prove it. I tell what I seen that did work, was a pulsating light a guy set up. But it was seeing actual exposed gold.

btoushm

Greenie
Nov 25, 2012
Digital camera

Because I. Am in a country full of rediation which is not possible to allocate the treasure position and other thing , can you tel me what is the max depth , I am in this field since 20 years I have used several detectors and scan devices. I heard about this camera 5 years back and I was searching in jordan which is my country who is using that then I. Found one guy saying the same her we took him toes real palaces it's all non no positive feedback

Thanks
Mohammed

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread