Dime Bank

KevGA

Jul 12, 2004
St. Louis, MO
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Garrett ACE 250
This one was a real surprise.? The house next door has been vacant since before we bought our house, and it finally sold.? A contractor has been refurbing the place, and in the process he pulled down an old laundry line, so I figured being right on the property line I'd go ahead and try my luck hoping for fallen change from the pockets of laundry.? Our neighborhood was primarily built in the late 20's and early 30's, and the old guy that used to own the place I think had lived there for most of the life of the house.

Anyhow, one of my first hits was this small aluminum tube which I at first thought was a piece of old lawn furniture, so I tossed it in my pouch and went on my merry way.? Once I got back inside and cleaned it up I found a stamped inscription "The B&R Mfg Co New York".? I did a quick search and found that what I have is about half of a 1930's-1940's tubular dime bank.? Unfortunately no dimes in or around it, but you can bet your life I'll be hitting the perimeter of the house hard tomorrow!

I found some more stuff that I am cleaning and trying to id, once it cleans up I'll post some pics. I did find a 1963D and 1969D penny, unfortunately not an S strike.

Here's the link to a good pic and some info on the bank:

http://www.goantiques.com/texis,dime_bank_tublar,3de41326c.html

And here's my bank:

Upvote 0

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haven't seen one of those (that old) in years!

Nice!

HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread