Dirty Deeds! Worst Trick You Played on Detecting Partner

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Upvote 8

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tossing crusty zinc cents in the sand ahead of where they were detecting to slow them down! :laughing7:

uhfradarwill

Mar 20, 2022
Barre, MA
Detector(s) used
Minelab:
Sovereign GT
Equinox

Tesoro:
Comparde
This is precisely why I prefer to hunt alone!! What if in your attempt to shame the new guy, you actually made him miss out on the find of his life?? Also, what if he was a hot head and punched you in the mouth? It takes a special person to be a hunting partner. Competitive, out for themselves partners, are a dime a dozen!!

Last edited:

uhfradarwill

Mar 20, 2022
Barre, MA
Detector(s) used
Minelab:
Sovereign GT
Equinox

Tesoro:
Comparde
Cudamarc and ARC offer some suggestions that are in a good nature. Modifying someone's equipment crosses the line big time!!

lisfisher

Mar 5, 2008
CT
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Minelab Excalibur 2
White's classic 3sl
Garrett Infinium
Garrett pro pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I get my buddy every time. Let him walk in front of me as I toss fake gold coins, immitation spanish pieces of eight and cheap costume jewelry rings over his head . they normally land 20 feet out in front of him, works every time . I once buried a massive pile of junk jewelry on the beach {although it looked quite real} right in his line of swinging the coil. Got him there too ;}

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I get my buddy every time. Let him walk in front of me as I toss fake gold coins, immitation spanish pieces of eight and cheap costume jewelry rings over his head . they normally land 20 feet out in front of him, works every time . I once buried a massive pile of junk jewelry on the beach {although it looked quite real} right in his line of swinging the coil. Got him there too ;}
copper BB's.

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I buried a ceramic human skull (was a lamp at one time)in my buddies back yard we were detecting and had my hunting partners uncle come see what we found.....we had its eyes,nose and mouth holes filled in with dirt and boy did it look real.....we got quite a lecture after he had embarrassed himself by hollering for all the neighbors to come out and look....we were only 15 years old, what did he expect:laughing7:

TooManyHobbies

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2007
CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT,
DetectorPro HH Underwater
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My friend Alan (ctdirtdigger) invited me to help find a ring that a lifeguard lost when she went into the water to help a swimmer in distress. Alan had another friend, Bill, there as well, who I had never met before. We started swinging on the beach and my first signal was the ring. I called the woman over to ask her what her ring looked like. She showed me a pic, and I quietly gave her the ring, putting my finger to my lips so she wouldn't let them know. She smiled and went to sit down to watch us 'find' her ring.
I let those two look for the ring for about an hour. Bill totally covered the beach, passing up all signals looking for a 24 on his 800 which he thought the ring would signal as. Then he got into the water with Alan and I. They were both frustrated with not finding the ring.
I finally called them and the woman over and let them know she already had it. Bill was not happy that he didn't need to get wet, and that he had passed up so many signals. Both were ticked that we didn't give the ring back as a group.
it was a spur of the moment joke since finding it was so quick and anti climatic. I thought it was hilarious.

OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This is precisely why I prefer to hunt alone!! What if in your attempt to shame the new guy, you actually made him miss out on the find of his life?? Also, what if he was a hot head and punched you in the mouth? It takes a special person to be a hunting partner. Competitive, out for themselves partners, are a dime a dozen!!
First, it is not about shaming. It is about breaking the new guy into the group. Please don't conflate pulling someone's chain with being a bully.

uhfradarwill

Mar 20, 2022
Barre, MA
Detector(s) used
Minelab:
Sovereign GT
Equinox

Tesoro:
Comparde
First, it is not about shaming. It is about breaking the new guy into the group. Please don't conflate pulling someone's chain with being a bully.
I could see the humor in every other example in this thread. But when you tamper with someone's equipment that crosses the line. That person, because of you, no longer had a fair shot at finding anything. What's next? Hey this kid is a new driver; let's cut his brake lines hehe

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not metal detecting,but I,m a reloader. We once loaded up a batch of shells with no powder and loaded up one of our quail hunting buddies shotgun with those. First covey rise,we didn,t shoot and you should have seen that guy shuck those things from his pump.Damn near died laughing.

OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I could see the humor in every other example in this thread. But when you tamper with someone's equipment that crosses the line. That person, because of you, no longer had a fair shot at finding anything. What's next? Hey this kid is a new driver; let's cut his brake lines hehe
Was I married to you?! OMG! What the fruitpie is up with you?! Nobody dies from a planted BB!!!!

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I buried a ceramic human skull (was a lamp at one time)in my buddies back yard we were detecting and had my hunting partners uncle come see what we found.....we had its eyes,nose and mouth holes filled in with dirt and boy did it look real.....we got quite a lecture after he had embarrassed himself by hollering for all the neighbors to come out and look....we were only 15 years old, what did he expect:laughing7:
Oh sheesh... lol

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
JFY... I was only joking about the above... i have never tossed anything like BB's or anything else for that matter, and the "hole under a towel" joke was just an idea for a joke... and would never even work due to a towel is not firm enough to elude any real hole bigger than your butt.

Always something... Sheesh :/

Last edited:

digger460

Silver Member
Sep 19, 2015
Southeast Grundy, Illinois
Detector(s) used
EQ600, EQ800 and a Carrot
Primary Interest:
Other
Was I married to you?! OMG! What the fruitpie is up with you?! Nobody dies from a planted BB!!!!
Wow! I guess uhf.... was never in the trades. How my 42 years in the trades would have changed if I hadn't busted a gut on my first rookie day, when I found my brand new tool belt had been nailed to the floor. Wow!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions