Dirty Deeds! Worst Trick You Played on Detecting Partner

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Upvote 8

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
in the Tucson AZ area now
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
2-Nokta/Macro Legend Pro Pack
Simplex Plus
Xterra 705
x2 quest X Pointer Max - my favorite
Fisher F Pulse
Nokta Pulse Dive 2in1 kit
Garrett AT Pro (not Used)
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
This is precisely why I prefer to hunt alone!! What if in your attempt to shame the new guy, you actually made him miss out on the find of his life?? Also, what if he was a hot head and punched you in the mouth? It takes a special person to be a hunting partner. Competitive, out for themselves partners, are a dime a dozen!!
well I remember having the things Terry described done to me it was all done in fun, and you are correct it sounds like you would be a hot head and not take it for what it is (Fun) so you need to detect by yourself and just keep taking it to serious, I call people like that sticks in mud

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Simplex Plus
Xterra 705
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I buried a ceramic human skull (was a lamp at one time)in my buddies back yard we were detecting and had my hunting partners uncle come see what we found.....we had its eyes,nose and mouth holes filled in with dirt and boy did it look real.....we got quite a lecture after he had embarrassed himself by hollering for all the neighbors to come out and look....we were only 15 years old, what did he expect:laughing7:
now that would have been funny as all get out, I spit my coffee all over my lap top

uhfradarwill

Mar 20, 2022
Barre, MA
Detector(s) used
Minelab:
Sovereign GT
Equinox

Tesoro:
Comparde
well I remember having the things Terry described done to me it was all done in fun, and you are correct it sounds like you would be a hot head and not take it for what it is (Fun) so you need to detect by yourself and just keep taking it to serious, I call people like that sticks in mud
Whatever. So you are saying it is perfectly ok to modify someone's equipment all in the name of fun??
Did you have parents and did they teach you any humanity lessons at all?

uhfradarwill

Mar 20, 2022
Barre, MA
Detector(s) used
Minelab:
Sovereign GT
Equinox

Tesoro:
Comparde
Wow! I guess uhf.... was never in the trades. How my 42 years in the trades would have changed if I hadn't busted a gut on my first rookie day, when I found my brand new tool belt had been nailed to the floor. Wow!
I'm a master electrician with a degree in EE as well. I just know what is all in fun and what is a scumbag move!!
Planting stuff in the ground is funny, modifying equipment is crossing the line!!

uhfradarwill

Mar 20, 2022
Barre, MA
Detector(s) used
Minelab:
Sovereign GT
Equinox

Tesoro:
Comparde
JFY... I was only joking about the above... i have never tossed anything like BB's or anything else for that matter, and the "hole under a towel" joke was just an idea for a joke... and would never even work due to a towel is not firm enough to elude any real hole bigger than your butt.

Always something... Sheesh :/
So basically what you are saying is that you are a liar and FOS??

uhfradarwill

Mar 20, 2022
Barre, MA
Detector(s) used
Minelab:
Sovereign GT
Equinox

Tesoro:
Comparde
Come on guys,damn! It,s all meant in fun,usually among a group who know each other and even expect those kind of things. Lay off the insults,the thread will get closed.
Crash you speak the truth. I apologise to everyone but this really erked me.
I guess I'm wrong.

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Simplex Plus
Xterra 705
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Come on guys,damn! It,s all meant in fun,usually among a group who know each other and even expect those kind of things. Lay off the insults,the thread will get closed.
I have ignored him and also reported him to the admins because of a PM he sent me and I hope the admins do not just ignore this

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Crash you speak the truth. I apologise to everyone but this really erked me.
I guess I'm wrong.
I,m not saying you,re wrong,your opinion is as valid as anyones.Just that the thread was meant as fun,not to personally work you up. Let,s try and continue the fun part,there,s plenty of the other on the news every minute of every day.

uhfradarwill

Mar 20, 2022
Barre, MA
Detector(s) used
Minelab:
Sovereign GT
Equinox

Tesoro:
Comparde
I,m not saying you,re wrong,your opinion is as valid as anyones.Just that the thread was meant as fun,not to personally work you up. Let,s try and continue the fun part,there,s plenty of the other on the news every minute of every day.
True, I'll keep my thoughts to myself going forward!!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
unfradarwill, your are fairly new so may not be aware but sending PMs to members insulting them can cause you to lose your posting abilities. Please do not send derogatory PMs to other members.

lisfisher

Mar 5, 2008
CT
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Minelab Excalibur 2
White's classic 3sl
Garrett Infinium
Garrett pro pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's different when your hunting partner is your best friend. Nobody is going to get angry, its all in good fun. Now if i was hunting with someone I just met I would not be pulling tricks {yet} ;}

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So basically what you are saying is that you are a liar and FOS??
Never once did i say I DID the above suggested joke... and stated it was a joke.

Since you are new here you do not know that my online persona is part jokester.

Before posting in a forum you are new in such as one like this that has been online for over 20 years perhaps you should get to know the Modis Operandi of it and its users before opening your mouth / typing your opinions...

It is apparent now that you have zero sense of how to interpret forum user posts and interact ... or perhaps you are just wound too tight in general to get it.

Lighten up... life is already too serious as is.

Last edited:

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As a long time electrician, should I be ashamed of having my green helpers go fetch the wire stretcher or the fluorescent tube bender......you gotta have some fun in life
As an old Submariner I"m guilty of sending a few lads to the torpedo room for a "foot of chow line" or back to the engine room for a tube of "relative bearing grease" :laughing7:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sent many a new hire to go find me a can of dial tone when I was working telcom. We also wired the metal desk and chair by mainframe to the ringing generator for when they decided to take an unauthorized nap during work hours on the graveyard shift, 90 volts will wake you up....

Last edited:

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As a long time electrician, should I be ashamed of having my green helpers go fetch the wire stretcher or the fluorescent tube bender......you gotta have some fun in life.
I can't agree more. Some people are wound up too tight. I'm all about having fun and kidding around.
I had my detecting partner stick a coin in a pile of fire ants once.
Did I get mad and punch him in the face? Hell no, I thought it was funny as hell.
Lighten up people. There's enough bad stuff going on in the world. Let's not take the fun out of detecting too.

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
not to a partner but to the night hawks that were digging on my site without permission. dig a hole , take a crap and drop in a coin. cover with dirt and leaves.
Lol. I must admit I have done that too. Found out some guy was going on to my private property hunting grounds at night. He had no permission to be there. These scumbags give us a bad name. Greed gets the best of them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread