Discern jumpy target from multiple targets..

eddie13

Mar 19, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2 different scenarios with #1 being the most promising..

Shore area where the shore is pretty clean but their is like a 2’ wide strip along the waterline where it turns from sand to smaller rocks as the waves wash it leaving the heavies concentrated..

Just above it find a lot of the little melted aluminum nuggets, and then a little lower their is a strip with the rocks that is just LOADED with targets that make my detector go insane..

Mostly iron but jumps all around..

Is their any good way to find the better targets in this?
Just try to find the jumps and dig them?

This type of area makes using the pinpointer very hard because you find a ton of small metal pieces in every hole so it’s like constantly going off for things that aren’t your target..

A place where once you go into the water it’s like the entire bottom sets the detector off..
Either targets everywhere or the entire bed is so irony that the detector goes nuts..
Can’t even find a spot to ground balance in it basically..

I found a few coins here but it’s so difficult because once again the pinpointer is constantly going off, digging blind in the water after stirring up the sediment, very rocky so very hard to dig, lot of metal so a lot of risk of getting cut..

I’ve been able to find the couple coins by digging by hand with the pinpointer blind and bringing up handfuls of whatever keep the pinpointer vibrating..

How do you detect places like this?

One is right under a rope swing near where I found that ring, so I know their is good stuff in there, and doesn’t seem hunted out because I also found coins of various corrosion stages..

I’m thinking a real shovel and a 5 gallon bucket until my target disappears and take the bucket to land to go through..

Ideas?

Upvote 0

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2 different scenarios with #1 being the most promising..

Shore area where the shore is pretty clean but their is like a 2’ wide strip along the waterline where it turns from sand to smaller rocks as the waves wash it leaving the heavies concentrated..

Just above it find a lot of the little melted aluminum nuggets, and then a little lower their is a strip with the rocks that is just LOADED with targets that make my detector go insane..

Mostly iron but jumps all around..

Is their any good way to find the better targets in this?
Just try to find the jumps and dig them?

This type of area makes using the pinpointer very hard because you find a ton of small metal pieces in every hole so it’s like constantly going off for things that aren’t your target..

A place where once you go into the water it’s like the entire bottom sets the detector off..
Either targets everywhere or the entire bed is so irony that the detector goes nuts..
Can’t even find a spot to ground balance in it basically..

I found a few coins here but it’s so difficult because once again the pinpointer is constantly going off, digging blind in the water after stirring up the sediment, very rocky so very hard to dig, lot of metal so a lot of risk of getting cut..

I’ve been able to find the couple coins by digging by hand with the pinpointer blind and bringing up handfuls of whatever keep the pinpointer vibrating..

How do you detect places like this?

One is right under a rope swing near where I found that ring, so I know their is good stuff in there, and doesn’t seem hunted out because I also found coins of various corrosion stages..

I’m thinking a real shovel and a 5 gallon bucket until my target disappears and take the bucket to land to go through..

Ideas?
Helps a great deal to know what detector you are using.

Aluminum has same conductivity as gold, if you discriminate out or don't dig aluminum your not going to dig much gold at all..

OP
OP
E

eddie13

Mar 19, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Running the Garret AT Gold right now..
And probably back to the NOX 800 when the flooded pod gets back from warranty..

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you're hunting a salt water beach, your AT Gold is not going to work very well, regardless of settings.

OP
OP
E

eddie13

Mar 19, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No salt no sharks baby!
(Fresh water)

ROBOTCOP13

Jul 29, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe cut out the bottom of the bucket and use some mesh to make it a sifter. Work the area for a while to find out what kind of targets are there. See if it's worthwhile to keep working it.

If it's a cluttered area use the smallest coil you can find and work slow.

oldmxrat

Silver Member
Oct 25, 2020
Reno Nevada summers, Las Vegas winters
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 400, Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Legend, Nokta Accupoint
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A big scoop or shovel and a floating mesh 'raft' to sift through works wonders in those situations.
I used the mesh 'seat' from a discarded float tube and made a hoop to fit it from 1" poly tubing and barb connector from the hardware store and wire tied the mesh in the hoop. I attach it to my belt with a short length of rope and it follows me everywhere I go.

OP
OP
E

eddie13

Mar 19, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like a floating classifier table?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread