Diy dredge nozzle help

Dogbite

Oct 25, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool stuff guys. My own dredge nozzle just arrived. Designed it myself and had it manufactured by claim buddy. Cant wait to see it in action. Though that will take time as the ground is still frozen for almost 6 months. Still if you are interested check it out as it is Infinity Jet type, not the basic system.

J,
Is the nozzle pressure injection ring gap adjustable or fixed at a calculated gap?

Azure

Oct 5, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That infinity jet looks very well done.

I designed and 3d printed an annular jet pump. I'm planning on testing it in a few weeks when I get back from vacation.

Screen Shot 2022-01-23 at 10.20.59 AM.png

Jomsa

Jan 19, 2022
Detector(s) used
MineLab X-terra 705
White's TRX
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

I designed and 3d printed an annular jet pump. I'm planning on testing it in a few weeks when I get back from vacation.

View attachment 2005322
What are the benefits of annular system compared to others?

N-Lionberger

Bronze Member
Dec 1, 2013
Arcata, California
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1212-x
Fisher Gold Bug 2
Whites 4900/SP3
Dowsing rods
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

View attachment 2005322
Since it’s a 3D printed kind of deal you could have the inlet to the pressure jacket at an angle.

Azure

Oct 5, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What are the benefits of annular system compared to others?

I'm not sure how it compares efficiency wise to the infinity. I've never seen any mention of an infinity type pump in any of the research papers i've ran across online for other industries. It seems the infinity design is specific to gold dredging.

The infinity ring needs to be narrow, so I can see clogging as a potential issue, which you wouldn't need to worry about with larger jet nozzles.

I've printed both designs and plan to test them out to compare efficiency.

Jomsa

Jan 19, 2022
Detector(s) used
MineLab X-terra 705
White's TRX
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm not sure how it compares efficiency wise to the infinity. I've never seen any mention of an infinity type pump in any of the research papers i've ran across online for other industries. It seems the infinity design is specific to gold dredging.

The infinity ring needs to be narrow, so I can see clogging as a potential issue, which you wouldn't need to worry about with larger jet nozzles.

I've printed both designs and plan to test them out to compare efficiency.
What sort of printing material are you using? I'd imagine it would have to be metal printing if you intend to really use it?

Azure

Oct 5, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What sort of printing material are you using? I'd imagine it would have to be metal printing if you intend to really use it?

I'm using PETG for prototyping. It has decent abrasion resistance for an an easy to print type of material. I have no idea how long it would last, longer than the hoses i'd guess.

I never considered the durability at this stage, but after some searching there are other materials with higher durability available. You could also design it to slide a metal tube in high wear areas or 3d print metal to use as an internal liner. I think 3d printing the entire assembly would cost too much.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread