DIY Pouch

cjweber

Sep 26, 2016
Missouri (for now)
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, and that damned old Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, so I have had a pretty good week of getting out and hunting and really getting to use Matt's pouch that he has me testing out. I am really happy to see a smaller variation, because that is about the only bad thing I can come up with. I am using a Minelab pro pointer 25 and it fits great in the holder he has on here for pinpointers. I use a smaller Fiskers garden knife for my small digging tasks; it fits really well in the inside pocket, and I also keep a flashlight in the other inside pocket for when it gets dark out or if there is someplace in an abandoned house I want to go looking in. Included with this last pouch, Matt made me a really neat little sipper pocket that I could add onto my belt... I loved this because I have a tendency to loose my keys on my hunts! so now I can keep them in here. I also keep a small coin tube that holds all my test samples... I also use that small pocket to put my high value finds... although, lately, that has been pennies and quarters... the big open main pocket gets to hold all of my trash items... like the Mountain Dew can destroyed by a lawn mower years ago that I was digging up piece by piece during yesterday's hunt... and the smaller open pocket that I throw the interesting, but not valuable items in for later investigation... I have really enjoyed having this piece of equipment to help me on my hunt... I have a place to clip on my wireless module and my shovel with its "Bomb proof" hanger... and honestly, it is some of the finest work I have seen on home grown tactical/multifunctional gear... It is my understanding that Matt is going to start selling these on here shortly. I will be buying one of his smaller versions to fit my vertically challenged frame better and honestly the value is beyond compare to anything else out there... If anyone wants my opinion on one of these or has any specific questions, please send me a message, I am a happy and independent advocate for his work!

IMG_3439.JPG

Riggleman

Mar 7, 2016
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett AT Max, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 400, Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
For those looking for a super easy holder for their larger t-handle shovels i have been experimenting with super magnets. They can be bought on amazon very cheap and can hold alot. Just attach to your belt and the shovel clings to it, yank, and it comes off. No snaps, velcrow or weird angles to re-sheath. Tell me what u guys think, copyright/patent..... anyone intersted in buying my idea? 😉

fish1on

Silver Member
Aug 28, 2012
Farr West, utah
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70 with 6.5", 10" Elliptical, & 11" Search Coil. Garret pro pointer AT, Minelab excaliber II (New machine)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Made some smaller ones. These are perfect for the park when I'm not digging up big stuff .

There ya go an make something else that meets my needs. Great job!

OP
OP
Freeloader

Freeloader

Aug 22, 2016
Phoenix AZ
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Whites MXT All Pro
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks CJ

I'm almost done with your smaller one just need to add the loops.

If anybody wants one, PM me, and beat the rush. I plan on putting them up for sale in the classifieds this weekend once I get some pictures of them in natural light.

Attachments

• 1477536422986.jpg
    1477536422986.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 171
Last edited:
OP
OP
Freeloader

Freeloader

Aug 22, 2016
Phoenix AZ
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Whites MXT All Pro
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive gotten some pms about pouches. the larger pouch size has been reduced from 12x8x6 inches to 12x8x4 inches, a couple guys who have them wanted a smaller opening because the opening would hang out and bump their detector. the smaller size is much nicer and works good. the multicam in the pictures is the new size

Attachments

• 1477609247193.jpg
    1477609247193.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 168
Last edited:
OP
OP
Freeloader

Freeloader

Aug 22, 2016
Phoenix AZ
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Whites MXT All Pro
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
side by side

Attachments

• 1477609344583.jpg
    1477609344583.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 139
Last edited:

Palmetto Pony

Aug 21, 2016
SC Lowcountry
Detector(s) used
XP Deus /Teknetics T2 Classic/Garrett Pro Pointer II
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Could you post a few pics of the "new" large bag next to the small bag? I thought I was set on the smaller one until your last pics! Looking good and IMHO I think the narrower design is on the money (no pun intended!).

OP
OP
Freeloader

Freeloader

Aug 22, 2016
Phoenix AZ
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Whites MXT All Pro
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is a side by side of the two sizes. green is small, multicam is large

CIMG0811.JPG CIMG0812.JPG CIMG0813.JPG CIMG0814.JPG CIMG0815.JPG

OP
OP
Freeloader

Freeloader

Aug 22, 2016
Phoenix AZ
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Whites MXT All Pro
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Getting measurements on my next project

Attachments

• 1477721285318.jpg
    1477721285318.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 114

Palmetto Pony

Aug 21, 2016
SC Lowcountry
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks for the new pics Matt. I've made my decision and I'll shoot you another PM next week to arrange payment and specifics on the bag I want.

Palmetto Pony

Aug 21, 2016
SC Lowcountry
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Just got my pouch in today from Matt. Wow! I can say now from first hand experience; well done Matt. I have an Omega Mills and outlined what I felt were it's short comings in an earlier post. Not only is this pouch spot on in quality (both in material and construction), but the overall design fits my needs MUCH better. Thanks very much and this one's for you Matt.....:icon_thumright:

OP
OP
Freeloader

Freeloader

Aug 22, 2016
Phoenix AZ
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Whites MXT All Pro
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks palmetto, I really appreciate it. I'm glad you guys are liking them.
Just got my pouch in today from Matt. Wow! I can say now from first hand experience; well done Matt. I have an Omega Mills and outlined what I felt were it's short comings in an earlier post. Not only is this pouch spot on in quality (both in material and construction), but the overall design fits my needs MUCH better. Thanks very much and this one's for you Matt.....:icon_thumright:

OP
OP
Freeloader

Freeloader

Aug 22, 2016
Phoenix AZ
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Whites MXT All Pro
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
More pouches

Attachments

• 1479671809468.jpg
    1479671809468.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 126
OP
OP
Freeloader

Freeloader

Aug 22, 2016
Phoenix AZ
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Whites MXT All Pro
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I have had a couple people who want two pouches to wear one on each side. For these hard core individuals, I came up with just a pouch for their "weak side" or the side they aren't going to carry a pin pointer. This keeps the cost down and is the same dimensions as the other pouch.

Attachments

• 1479695185808.jpg
    1479695185808.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 102
OP
OP
Freeloader

Freeloader

Aug 22, 2016
Phoenix AZ
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Whites MXT All Pro
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had a request for a beach pouch, I call it the "Beach Comber"

Attachments

• 1480289001985.jpg
    1480289001985.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 100
  • 1480289012192.jpg
    1480289012192.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 101

rogueaviation

Apr 23, 2015
Grand Haven, MI
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster, Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That pouch looks great. I use a nylon e-tool pouch to carry my pinpointer, screwdriver, and magnet.

I made a finds pouch out of a surplus radio bag. Its big, but I pick up all the trash I see so it will fit a couple Gatorade bottles and about a hundred fifty pull tabs. Which is good. Cause that's what I usually find.

DannyB.

Jan 20, 2015
Washington/Texas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre
Tesoro Silver UMax
Fisher 1265x
Fisher F75 SE LTD
Bounty Hunter LRP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi Freeloader.. I'm ready to place my order. If you can tell me the color name for the pouch in the second photo.. I'll specify when I order. I'm looking for a large and small in that same color. Thanks, Danny.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions