Do all treasure hunters have tattoos?

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't understand your point. Getting a tat is a choice. I choose not to. Others choose to get them. Of the people who choose to get them, a certain % end up feeling they made a bad choice. My favorite tats to see on people would have to be the facial tat. They get noticed and are really helpful for job interviews.

Here's the point, nobody cares if you don't have a tat. Congrats to you for never getting inked. The PROBLEM is when un-inked people start telling everyone else it's a bad idea, it's a "permanent reminder of a temporary feeling" and all that other crap. Those types always show up to spout off in every thread about tats and it's annoying as hell.

mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here's the point, nobody cares if you don't have a tat. Congrats to you for never getting inked. The PROBLEM is when un-inked people start telling everyone else it's a bad idea, it's a "permanent reminder of a temporary feeling" and all that other crap. Those types always show up to spout off in every thread about tats and it's annoying as hell.

Well the thread is about who has tats and who doesn't, isn't it? I didn't say it was a bad idea for everyone, just that some people later have regrets. I know some of these people. I also know many people who love tats and want more. And I would just add this, I have made decisions when I was 18 that in hindsight, I wouldn't make now. For me, obviously, it wasn't to get a tat. For some people it was. Sorry that my post annoyed you. Wasn't looking to do that. Don't have a problem with tats just not for me.

BadM0nkey

Apr 28, 2013
Andover, NJ
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE Limited Edition
Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh yeah. The first of my 5 tats was for my 40th birthday. No regrets here!

scotty544

Mar 11, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 XP Deus Whites V3i
Tesoro Silver Saber
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have none, and the main reason is that I have never seen ANYTHING that I would believe that I could Love for the rest of my life. Fads and feelings change and pass, I wouldn't want to regret anything that I couldn't easily remove.

BadM0nkey

Apr 28, 2013
Andover, NJ
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE Limited Edition
Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have none, and the main reason is that I have never seen ANYTHING that I would believe that I could Love for the rest of my life. Fads and feelings change and pass, I wouldn't want to regret anything that I couldn't easily remove.

I drew my own art.

HammerHead

Jun 5, 2013
Scotland, UK
Detector(s) used
Viking
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have many, 3 to do with my Nordic faith, 2 to do with martial arts 6 for family, 2 for the ocean and 4 others.

bush13st_beav3r

Apr 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do... Last name going from bicep to forearm, the Beatles on the inside of that same forearm.... Those r the only visible ones, and easily covered by long sleeves for when I seek perms... Spiderweb on shoulder, and heartagram on my left boob... I regret them tho....all except my Beatles tattoo... But, I have no time machine, and no desire for laser removal....so, ill have them for awhile
Edit typo
-beav3r

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Well the thread is about who has tats and who doesn't, isn't it? I didn't say it was a bad idea for everyone, just that some people later have regrets. I know some of these people. I also know many people who love tats and want more. And I would just add this, I have made decisions when I was 18 that in hindsight, I wouldn't make now. For me, obviously, it wasn't to get a tat. For some people it was. Sorry that my post annoyed you. Wasn't looking to do that. Don't have a problem with tats just not for me.
I can say for sure I make much better decisions now than when I was eighteen...Just saying!

DigitNY

Jan 1, 2013
Cortlandt NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab 305, Fisher CZ70 Pro, Garrett pro point
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't understand your point. Getting a tat is a choice. I choose not to. Others choose to get them. Of the people who choose to get them, a certain % end up feeling they made a bad choice. My favorite tats to see on people would have to be the facial tat. They get noticed and are really helpful for job interviews.

My point is.....drum roll.....dummdummmdumm, no one asked anybody's opinion. Asked wether or not you had them...answer yes...or answer no...your the only person on the whole thread who had to make a negative comment. Go ahead look for yourself.

mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here we go...waaawaaawaa

Your comment isn't negative? Waaawaaawaa? Many responses to the "do you have tats" question, were more extensive then yes or no. I guess I never really thought about it till now, about what it's like going through life with tats, but I'm thinking that people with tats experience a certain amount of negativity, from the rest of the population, who don't have tats. And that this makes them somewhat defensive? Ok. I get that. I wasn't looking to upset anyone and really don't think less of people with tats. Fair enough?

doc-d

Bronze Member
May 19, 2013
Pacific Northwest
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
None. Many scars, but they don't count I guess.
Seems to me that both those with, and without, have written nicely and not spoken ill of others.........it was nice to see both sides and both seem happy......
Lost count about page 2, but it seems about evenly divided.......

grlangfitt

Mar 29, 2013
Powhatan, Va
Detector(s) used
BH 505
AT Pro
Pro PinPointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
A recent poll shows that 90% of mders & treasure hunters have a tattoo. I don't. Could this stat be true? Who here has tatts?!

Being ex-Navy I have quite a few. 16 in all. I have My 2 kids and one of my grandkids,( still need to add 3 grands), in banners and my favorite is the eagle drapped in a flag with a USA banner I got 2 days after 911.

Last edited:

Old as Dirt

May 19, 2013
Crest Hill, Illinois
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350 & Garrett Pro PinPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A recent poll shows that 90% of mders & treasure hunters have a tattoo. I don't. Could this stat be true? Who here has tatts?!

No tattoos on this lady as well. I leave that up to my nephew, Dizzy Reed of Guns N' Roses....He has enough for the two of us!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions