Do the Stone Tablets lead to somewhere OTHER than the Superstition Mtns?

Not Peralta

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe that the stone tablets were being delivered to the Mission that used to be located near the base of the Superstition Mtns off Peralta Road. Not many people know that this mission existed. It was destroyed by vandals (treasure hunters). I have been all over the Superstition Mtns years ago. Recently, while searching for a different treasure, I ran across numerous monuments and markers that match the stone tablets in a different set of mountains. Some of my pictures can be viewed on my FB page at Stone Tablets Peralta. I don't believe that Peralta had anything to do with the tablets. No where on the tablets is there a mention of treasure, gold, silver or mines. The river is never named. Who ever was delivering the tablets already knew the name of the river and was very knowledgable of the area. I have found many signs and symbols within a 2 mile radius all associated with the stone tablets. This includes a river, a heart and a map in the valley below the heart. This area has a lot of history, especially with gold and silver. The same can not be said about the Superstitions. I'm not even sure the tablets are a "treasure map", yet I do think they lead to something important to the right person(s). I'm am trying to change the conversation. I'm tired of hearing about people getting lost or dying looking for something that may not even exist. I realize that a lot of people are committed to the "Lost Dutchman" story and will never change their minds, but those tired of looking and looking and finding nothing might find a different theory worth persuing. Please comment after you have viewed my pictures. Make sure you click on the thumbnail picture next to my FB title and look for the heart along the skyline. There are maps in the valley below that I haven't published yet. Am looking forward to a conversation. I have hiked these mountains and the Superstitions extensivily and know the history of both.
Sincerely, Not Peralta

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
I believe that the stone tablets were being delivered to the Mission that used to be located near the base of the Superstition Mtns off Peralta Road. Not many people know that this mission existed. It was destroyed by vandals (treasure hunters). I have been all over the Superstition Mtns years ago. Recently, while searching for a different treasure, I ran across numerous monuments and markers that match the stone tablets in a different set of mountains. Some of my pictures can be viewed on my FB page at Stone Tablets Peralta. I don't believe that Peralta had anything to do with the tablets. No where on the tablets is there a mention of treasure, gold, silver or mines. The river is never named. Who ever was delivering the tablets already knew the name of the river and was very knowledgable of the area. I have found many signs and symbols within a 2 mile radius all associated with the stone tablets. This includes a river, a heart and a map in the valley below the heart. This area has a lot of history, especially with gold and silver. The same can not be said about the Superstitions. I'm not even sure the tablets are a "treasure map", yet I do think they lead to something important to the right person(s). I'm am trying to change the conversation. I'm tired of hearing about people getting lost or dying looking for something that may not even exist. I realize that a lot of people are committed to the "Lost Dutchman" story and will never change their minds, but those tired of looking and looking and finding nothing might find a different theory worth persuing. Please comment after you have viewed my pictures. Make sure you click on the thumbnail picture next to my FB title and look for the heart along the skyline. There are maps in the valley below that I haven't published yet. Am looking forward to a conversation. I have hiked these mountains and the Superstitions extensivily and know the history of both.
Sincerely, Not Peralta

NP,

Do you have a source for the historical existence of that mission? Do you know the name of the mission, or which Order built it?

Thanks,

Joe Ribaudo

Last edited:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I actually followed the clues on the Peralta Stones, and ended up at a Jack in the Box restaurant on North Vulture Mine Rd, outside Wickenburg. Well, at least I got a Taco and a Shake out of it.

lgadbois

Mar 20, 2003
"I believe that the stone tablets were being delivered to the Mission that used to be located near the base of the Superstition Mtns off Peralta Road."

During the period of the Jesuits (ending in 1767) there were no missions or visitas north of the Gila river. During Padre Kino's time, he made 13 trips into the land called Primera Alta, with his final journey in 1702. He established visitas between the missions, where possible, about one day apart. The locations were selected and named, and they extended west from the Salt River junction with the Gila all the way to the Colorado River.

After the Franciscans began their ministry in the same area, they were unable to maintain the visitas west along the South side of the Gila with few exceptions. There may have been a Franciscan chapel or visita at the base of the Superstition mountains, but there is no record of a mission in the area with a resident priest.

OP
OP
Not Peralta

Not Peralta

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Regarding the Mission:
In Bob Ward's book: Chapter 3, page 59: "Upon a hill east of the old Burn's ranch is the remains of an old Mission, I had seen pictures of it from Bob Gorman when he and a few others were digging it up back in the 1930's thinking there may be a treasure or two. Nothing was ever found. On the old maps made, the ruins are labeled just that; old ruins." NP

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Regarding the Mission:
In Bob Ward's book: Chapter 3, page 59: "Upon a hill east of the old Burn's ranch is the remains of an old Mission, I had seen pictures of it from Bob Gorman when he and a few others were digging it up back in the 1930's thinking there may be a treasure or two. Nothing was ever found. On the old maps made, the ruins are labeled just that; old ruins." NP

NP,

That's interesting. Ward didn't give much evidence to support the claim that the "ruins" were a "mission". Why do you suppose he didn't put those pictures in his book?:dontknow:

Good luck in following in the footsteps of Bob Ward.

Joe Ribaudo

peralta

Sep 28, 2011
oahu hawaii
Detector(s) used
Whites 2-box
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sincerely, Not Peralta

Not peralta you say you found the markings from the stones in a two mile radius from where?what river? Why is your name not peralta?what is your purpose here.I have already stated I'm not in the sm.now I'm sure your not here to tease.I try to help with codes but you just repeat yourself.show a picture of the horse.
Tom

OP
OP
Not Peralta

Not Peralta

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Stone Tablet Theory:
My health is not the best and I feel that it's time for my theiry to be shared. Here goes!
15 years ago, I began hiking in the nearby mountains looking for clues to a local treasure story. The story was new to me and I was looking forward to a new challenge. The local story covered a wide area so it follows that my hikes also covered a lot of territory. The stone tablets were not even on my mind as they were something I thought was left in my past.
For quite a long time I drove around the area, hiked the mountains and researched the local story, including the people involved. Any good treasure story needs to be backed up with facts and research.
I kept being drawn back to one main area, though I wsn't sure why. Finally, one day i saw, REALLY SAW, the heart on the top of the mountain ridge. I already knew that in the valley below the heart there were 100's of petroghlyphs. I went back to the rock carvings for another look, and another and another. What looked like a map of a mountian made no sense to me until one day when I was driving north following the river. THEN, I saw the same outline from the map. I was still trying to match the landmarks to the local legend. By this time I had narrowed my area of concentration. I began to look at things differently and the stone tablets began to tickle something in the back of my mind. I went home and got out my photos of the stone tablets.
I thought I had left the stone tablets behind me, but the more I looked, the more I found. Like nothing I had ever seen during the years that I had lived at the base of the Superstition Mtns. I also realized that the stone tablets contain no mention of the name of the river. Nor do they mention treasure, gold, silver or mines. Or anything hidden.
On my next trip into the mountains, I took the tablet pictures with me, I saw the dagger rock not 30 feet off the dirt road hiding in plain sight. On the stone tablets, the dagger rock points to the right. The dagger rock here points to a canyon, that if followed leads to the backward curved arrow and a 5 made by a rock formation.
Further along the road, after a curve to the left, the priest rock is visible to the left. The "priest' has his back to the mountain which correspondes to the backward cross on his arm. The "3" from the "horse" map is closer to the road than the priest rock and is more easily visiable. You can drive to most of these sites on a dirt road. The rock carvings are a short walk from your car.
The mountains are sacred and protected by the Park Service and patrolled by the local Native Americans. No digging or metal detecting is allowed.
I believe that the stone tablets have a Fransciscan origin (Google: Fransico Garce's and Two Myths of the Mission Indians, The Mohave Account of Origins) of some kind and refer to something spiritual in nature rather than monetary. Maybe we will never know. I know that this theory will not make everyone happy but I have come to the conclusion that it is time to share what I have found and let people make up their minds for themselves.
I will be posting pictures, directions and area names on my facebook page (Stone Tablets Peralta) shortly. I would like any one who cares to be able to see this and will answer any questions that I can.
Sincerely, NP

peralta

Sep 28, 2011
oahu hawaii
Detector(s) used
Whites 2-box
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Stone Tablet Theory:
My health is not the best and I feel that it's time for my theiry to be shared. Here goes!
15 years ago, I began hiking in the nearby mountains looking for clues to a local treasure story. The story was new to me and I was looking forward to a new challenge. The local story covered a wide area so it follows that my hikes also covered a lot of territory. The stone tablets were not even on my mind as they were something I thought was left in my past.
For quite a long time I drove around the area, hiked the mountains and researched the local story, including the people involved. Any good treasure story needs to be backed up with facts and research.
I kept being drawn back to one main area, though I wsn't sure why. Finally, one day i saw, REALLY SAW, the heart on the top of the mountain ridge. I already knew that in the valley below the heart there were 100's of petroghlyphs. I went back to the rock carvings for another look, and another and another. What looked like a map of a mountian made no sense to me until one day when I was driving north following the river. THEN, I saw the same outline from the map. I was still trying to match the landmarks to the local legend. By this time I had narrowed my area of concentration. I began to look at things differently and the stone tablets began to tickle something in the back of my mind. I went home and got out my photos of the stone tablets.
I thought I had left the stone tablets behind me, but the more I looked, the more I found. Like nothing I had ever seen during the years that I had lived at the base of the Superstition Mtns. I also realized that the stone tablets contain no mention of the name of the river. Nor do they mention treasure, gold, silver or mines. Or anything hidden.
On my next trip into the mountains, I took the tablet pictures with me, I saw the dagger rock not 30 feet off the dirt road hiding in plain sight. On the stone tablets, the dagger rock points to the right. The dagger rock here points to a canyon, that if followed leads to the backward curved arrow and a 5 made by a rock formation.
Further along the road, after a curve to the left, the priest rock is visible to the left. The "priest' has his back to the mountain which correspondes to the backward cross on his arm. The "3" from the "horse" map is closer to the road than the priest rock and is more easily visiable. You can drive to most of these sites on a dirt road. The rock carvings are a short walk from your car.
The mountains are sacred and protected by the Park Service and patrolled by the local Native Americans. No digging or metal detecting is allowed.
I believe that the stone tablets have a Fransciscan origin (Google: Fransico Garce's and Two Myths of the Mission Indians, The Mohave Account of Origins) of some kind and refer to something spiritual in nature rather than monetary. Maybe we will never know. I know that this theory will not make everyone happy but I have come to the conclusion that it is time to share what I have found and let people make up their minds for themselves.
I will be posting pictures, directions and area names on my facebook page (Stone Tablets Peralta) shortly. I would like any one who cares to be able to see this and will answer any questions that I can.
Sincerely, NP

Good luck in your quest
Tom

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NP:
Thanks for sharing your story.
While the Spirit Mountain Wilderness ...Wilderness.net - Wilderness Management Issue Toolboxes be a very interesting place to go hiking,and even Lynn Bremner of DUSA has hiked out there, I have to question any theory that it is the home of the Stone Maps.
If, as you now say on your facebook page, the symbols you found have to be viewed in Google Earth, even more questions will arise.
And although you claim to have spent 15 yrs searching the Sups, without finding anything similar to what is shown on the stones, I can post many photos also shot over the past 15 yrs., which I believe do show what is depicted on the stones. As with this post made on DUSA last night.....

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
somehiker
Post subject: Re: THE PRIEST STONE OF THE PERALTA THE MINES NAMES
Posted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:49 pm
NP:
Fact is, no one has to get lost or die in any attempt to find hearts and stuff in the Superstitions.
No doubt thousands have looked up at this one for example, and like yourself, have never noticed it.
At least I don't believe I've ever heard it mentioned by anyone before. Despite it being one of the better "hearts" out there, and also located within a stones throw of Tortilla and Mormon Flats.
Even Barry Storm, who wrote his book while camped in a cave a bit to the east, made no mention of it. But you should already know all that history...right ?
Somewhere up behind the heart is an intersection of three fault lines and,according to a USGS report, a "volcanic vent". This is not to say that I believe this heart to be the one shown on the Stone Maps. I'm sure that it is not, despite the other "symbols" visible in this photo .... having looked around already.
icon_cry.gif
But you can go have a great burger and a beer after you spend a few minutes leaning up against your car whilst taking in the view.
icon_e_wink.gif

MyTortillaHeart_zps50c4d0d7.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

However, I am still interested in hearing more about why you have chosen the Lauglin area for your Stone Map search, so I hope you won't mind the comments and questions. I was going to ask if you had any other photos of the heart, but I did a bit of searching through the photo blogs and found these....

View attachment Spirit Mtn.2.bmp

View attachment spirit mountain.bmp

Regards:SH.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Not Peralta

Not Peralta

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
somehiker spirit mnt is a very tough place to climb. 5 years ago i was sleeping and had a bad stroke . iwoke up paralized and it took me several years to get back to some what normal but i still can not walk long distaces.just in the last year i have learned to use a computer.theres only a couple of pictures that i have from google,but if your on spirit mnt you can see every thing except grape vine canyon.but everything is within a two and ahalf mile area. i personally have been too the mission site at least a hundred times 'if i lived closer i would meet you and show you the site .i tried explaining it the best i could im trying to share as much info as possible. im a fortunit person for being around a lot of famous treasre hunters and having learned a lot not only about treasure hunting but histoty its self .one of the things you asked was why this area.theres so much mining history in this area going back thousands of years ,before the river was messed up if you had a boat you could get in it and go any where in the world.if theres any thing i can help you with dont hesitate to ask np

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
mission_zps9c645b8c.jpg

From the time this picture was taken, you should still be able to find considerable portions of the ruins today. It seems doubtful that this building ever existed on......or near, the Burns Ranch.:dontknow:

Just one man's opinion,

Joe Ribaudo

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not Peralta

You wrote " I also realized that the stone tablets contain no mention of the name of the river. Nor do they mention treasure, gold, silver or mines. Or anything hidden. "

The stone maps are not only two ( the trail maps ) . Are six, and in the Latin stone heart are carved the words " CAVERNA AURUM " , who means how the stone maps shows the way for a treasure . If you can to locate the Latin heart , you can find the mine and from where the trail starts and ends . In my opinion the Latin heart is the key of the stone maps .

Marius

Last edited:
OP
OP
Not Peralta

Not Peralta

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Somehiker.
As to why I "chose" the Laughlin area for my search for the Stone Tablets, I didn't. As I said in my theory, I was looking for clues to a local treasure story and kept seeing things that brought me back to the stone tablets. Ironically, the local story that I was perusing may involve the "Dutchman". That's all I can say for now. Enjoyed your picture.
NP

OP
OP
Not Peralta

Not Peralta

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NP,

That's interesting. Ward didn't give much evidence to support the claim that the "ruins" were a "mission". Why do you suppose he didn't put those pictures in his book?:dontknow:

Good luck in following in the footsteps of Bob Ward.

Joe Ribaudo

Cactusjumper
The reason the photo of the mission wasn't in Bob Ward's book is because he didn't have it. I do.
NP

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Cactusjumper
The reason the photo of the mission wasn't in Bob Ward's book is because he didn't have it. I do.
NP

NP,

In your opinion, did Ward not take a picture of the ruins? Did you take the picture yourself? Was the cross still on the roof of the mission?

Thanks,

Joe Ribaudo

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Somehiker.
As to why I "chose" the Laughlin area for my search for the Stone Tablets, I didn't. As I said in my theory, I was looking for clues to a local treasure story and kept seeing things that brought me back to the stone tablets. Ironically, the local story that I was perusing may involve the "Dutchman". That's all I can say for now. Enjoyed your picture.
NP

You already answered my question a couple of posts back......

"Not Peralta

Mar 2013
1 times
All Types Of Treasure Hunting

somehiker spirit mnt is a very tough place to climb. 5 years ago i was sleeping and had a bad stroke . iwoke up paralized and it took me several years to get back to some what normal but i still can not walk long distaces.just in the last year i have learned to use a computer.theres only a couple of pictures that i have from google,but if your on spirit mnt you can see every thing except grape vine canyon.but everything is within a two and ahalf mile area. i personally have been too the mission site at least a hundred times 'if i lived closer i would meet you and show you the site .i tried explaining it the best i could im trying to share as much info as possible. im a fortunit person for being around a lot of famous treasre hunters and having learned a lot not only about treasure hunting but histoty its self .one of the things you asked was why this area.theres so much mining history in this area going back thousands of years ,before the river was messed up if you had a boat you could get in it and go any where in the world.if theres any thing i can help you with dont hesitate to ask np

" it took me several years to get back to some what normal but i still can not walk long distaces "

Quite a contrast with what Not Peralta had to say in another reply.
And how the reply was written:

Not Peralta

Mar 2013
1 times
All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Dear Somehiker,
To start with, I respect everybody's opinions on what they find. At no time did I claim in my posts to have "solved" the stone maps. I am merely putting forth further evidence of what I have found in my search. At the time I first noticed the similarities in the stone tablets, I was actually hunting for another treasure. Once I noticed the similarities to the tablets that's what I focused on. Everything on the stone tablets, including the river, is within a 2 mile radius. I don't believe in co-incidences. And there is too much history in the area that I'm looking at to be ignored. Whether the stone tablets involve treasure or not, I intend on putting this information out. And as far as reading books on the tablets and the Dutchman, I spent over 20 years with the best stone tablet researchers I believe ever lived. I've heard every story and every legend told by all the old-timers. I was raised in the mountains, hiked many mountains and canyons and will probably die in the mountains. I am not only a treasure hunter but a treasure finder. 5 years ago, I had a stroke and that hasn't slowed me down at all. I live for the hunt. There are a lot of things that I know that I haven't posted, both about the tablets and the Dutchman that has never been released to the public. One thing I learned years ago is research, research, research. I wish you the best of luck. Keep in touch. NP

"5 years ago, I had a stroke and that hasn't slowed me down at all. I live for the hunt"

It's getting hard to decide which NP I should direct my comments and questions to.

Regards:SH.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Not Peralta

Not Peralta

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
somehiker,
I'm not contradicting myself. Both statements stand. I figured out my thoery before I had my stroke, like I said I've been hunting HERE for over 15 years. If it wasn't for my previous knowlegde about the "Dutchman" and the stone tablets, I wouldn't have found the things I did. Mentally, I'm still sharp. I just can't hike long distances like I used to. If you have nothing better to do than nit-pick my theory, maybe you need to spend more time in the mountains. I figured out my theory before I had my stroke, I just wasn't ready to put it out for everyone to see. As I said earlier, I'm new to the computer, NOT new to treasure hunting and finding. I may not always express myself perfectly, but my theory still fits for me. If you you don't agree, that's fine. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I guess in Apache Junction, instead of discussing things in the local coffee shop, they just do it on the computer now.
Regards, NP

OP
OP
Not Peralta

Not Peralta

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NP,

In your opinion, did Ward not take a picture of the ruins? Did you take the picture yourself? Was the cross still on the roof of the mission?

Thanks,

Joe Ribaudo

I have the picture and the negative which were given to me by someone else a long time ago. You people in Apache Junction need to find an old-timer who can show you where Bob Ward's cabin was. Why not ask Tom Kollenborn at the museum? NP

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread