Status
Not open for further replies.

Alamosmoon

Dec 14, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Greetings all! Looks like some great videos posted here, but for some reason my phone would only download one, the T. Laurence, You Find Out Who Your Friends Are. Isn't that the truth! I sure know who mine are on here, without question! That's a good thing, Crosse', it looks like you're doing some neat traveling and continuing to see some cool sights. I plan to get back to that but had a short delay in Jacksonville for s week at the lovely Mayo Clinic. Seems my years of bungee jumping, rock climbing, sling shotting, roller coasting ( not to mention my famous roller-overs, lol) had finally caught up with me. I am now recovering from an ACDF (Anterior Cervical Discectomy and double Fusion). Has anyone had anything similar? Quite an ordeal. I think my days of dare-deviling might have just about run its course (for the time being, anyway). They chose to forgo the brace and put a plate inside instead. It's made of titanium, so hopefully the beeping will subside when I get to detect again. :) Anyway, my wish for all of you is good health and pure happiness. It is something to never take for granted, righto? ;)

OP
OP
Crosse De Sign

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
~: Ancient Sacred Spirit Lands Of Our Fathers' :~
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other
Greetings all! Looks like some great videos posted here, but for some reason my phone would only download one, the T. Laurence, You Find Out Who Your Friends Are. Isn't that the truth! I sure know who mine are on here, without question! That's a good thing, Crosse', it looks like you're doing some neat traveling and continuing to see some cool sights. I plan to get back to that but had a short delay in Jacksonville for s week at the lovely Mayo Clinic. Seems my years of bungee jumping, rock climbing, sling shotting, roller coasting ( not to mention my famous roller-overs, lol) had finally caught up with me. I am now recovering from an ACDF (Anterior Cervical Discectomy and double Fusion). Has anyone had anything similar? Quite an ordeal. I think my days of dare-deviling might have just about run its course (for the time being, anyway). They chose to forgo the brace and put a plate inside instead. It's made of titanium, so hopefully the beeping will subside when I get to detect again. :) Anyway, my wish for all of you is good health and pure happiness. It is something to never take for granted, righto? ;)

Mrs. Jodie,

Sorry to her about your health challenges, but am very
happy to hear from you! Interesting timing, as in other times!
Hope you overcome and get rehabilitated speedily, our awesome
adventurous friend, in the cool swamp land. Best wishes and prayers,
and we have missed you cool gal, rooting for you to be stronger
than ever, our spiritual kindred Sister... Lots of love and
prayers for you, from all of us, your good and ornery
daredevil treasure hunting friends, lol! God Bless...
... :sunny: :fish:

:cross:
~:Crosse:~

Last edited:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other

While willing to bet you were not...you had a right to be ornery as a croc..it helps to know what is going on though compared to wondering.
Hope some relief has followed with much more to come.

Being down and immobilized can be rather humbling.
Hard to spring back from too power wise after a while.
Like too long a fast, the mental part can be most challenging but still having to deal with the physical aspect of recovery to a new normal....

Hang in there.
Ain't nothin for a big stepper!

coazon de oro

Bronze Member
May 7, 2010
texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hola Bonita,

Sorry to hear about that ordeal, but glad that you are doing better, and in good spirit. You are lucky to have had so much fun, and lucky to live in a time when you can get patched up to continue to enjoy life. I have a titanium plate on my right femur with 13 screws, and a large bolt with lock washer at the joint. Well maybe not a lock washer, but that's what I tell my friends.:laughing7: Sometimes I walk funny :walk:, but at least I can walk. I hope titanium is not to valuable, I wouldn't want to end up in the scrapyard.

Homar

Alamosmoon

Dec 14, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
. Thanks for sharing! Here's to our adventures, which led to our titanium strength! :)

OP
OP
Crosse De Sign

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
~: Ancient Sacred Spirit Lands Of Our Fathers' :~
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other
Last edited:

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hi Jodie

I wish you full and quick recovery ! My prayers are with you .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread