Do you have PROOF of a KGC treasure?

R

Rennwaggen

What would constitute PROOF of a KGC treasure in YOUR mind?

This isn't a thread for booksellers. If you want to hawk your wares, this ain't the place, go and find your naive marks elsewhere.

What I want to know is quite simple, and it may be that my standards of proof don't agree with the other folks here so I'll explain what I see as proof.

To me, PROOF means something TANGIBLE! You can see it. You can feel it with your hands, not your heart or mind.

Proof is not a 150 year old paper that can neither be proven or disproven.

Proof is not a 150 year old story that has been handed down for at least 4 generations, with all the inaccuracies that it entails.

Proof is not an allegation that a large part of the Confederate treasury did not make the entire trip it was supposed to. Those people are dead. You can't call them to account for their statements.

On the other hand,

Proof IS a photograph of the treasure before it is removed with or without the one who found it.

Proof IS a photograph of the place the treasure was removed from with or without the one who found it.

Proof IS copies of the documentation you used to locate the treasure, as in "this is how to find it".

Proof IS the documentation that led you to a treasure that someone else had already taken -- along with pictures of where the treasure HAD BEEN.

Somebody prove me a liar when I say that these types of treasures do not exist. I would like to believe the stories I read, the legends I hear, and the signs that others tell me about as well as those I have personally seen.

Just seeing signs is not proof. Anyone like me could have made them so that you could spend your life running in circles. I love to stir things up, as you can see from my posts. I know I'm not the only one who would get a big laugh out of something like that.

The outboard motor is firmly attached to the cesspool, the starter is engaged, let's stir some crap!

K

Kentucky Kache

Didn't we already have this thread? Anyway...if everything else can be faked (which I agree with), then why couldn't pictures also be faked. So, is there ANYTHING that could be called proof?

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HI my friend Renn: You posted -->posted

Proof IS a photograph of the treasure before it is removed with or without the one who found it.

Proof IS a photograph of the place the treasure was removed from with or without the one who found it.

Proof IS copies of the documentation you used to locate the treasure, as in "this is how to find it".

Proof IS the documentation that led you to a treasure that someone else had already taken -- along with pictures of where the treasure HAD BEEN

~~~~~~~~~~
Sorry, there is simply NO way that proof can be posted in a site such as this, short of piciures of the feds actually confiscating it..

Don Jose de La Mancha

OP
OP
R

Rennwaggen

Cache Crazy said:
Didn't we already have this thread? Anyway...if everything else can be faked (which I agree with), then why couldn't pictures also be faked. So, is there ANYTHING that could be called proof?
Quite true. Even who one is can be faked. Some folks operate on this board under several aliases, and work real hard at bookselling. So . . . here is their opportunity to PUT UP OR SHUT UP!

It don't have to be a treasure that you recovered, it can be a documented treasure that someone else took, all it has to be is proof of a treasure.

And, I am the wrong person to email "faked" pictures to. I can find all of the errors that amateurs make, and most of the ones pros make. You peddlers have been forewarned, because if I catch a faked picture you won't be able to shut me up about what you did.

Real de Tayopa:

Thank you for the compliment of replying to this thread. I have read your posts for a long time, and I trust your judgment.

There is one thing to keep in mind though: For decades the Russians and Chinese have found ways around their oppressive governments. I read the comments on how to be anonymous on the net, but there was one thing they didn't even think of . . . along with their advice please remember: There are THOUSANDS of internet cafes which offer wireless internet which you can access with your laptop. There are programs which can obscure your MAC address on your computer so that the network at McDonalds can't identify you when the feds show up to access their records (if they ever found them).

I think we're at least as smart as the Russians and Chinese, at least as creative, and if we want to get a message out, I believe we can.

OP
OP
R

Rennwaggen

truckinbutch said:
Oo,Oo,Oo;Albert's gonna hit his ignore button on you too.That's what he did to me when I mentioned that a couple of my mother's uncles went to Danville at the turn of the century.
Next,he will complain to the moderators that we are hurting his book selling business.
We could be excused from this forum.Exercise care,my friend.
Why should Albert ignore the truth? Well, I guess if it hurts book sales . . .

My understanding of this forum business it that they are set up to discuss ideas, not sell books to naive folks who don't know the difference between shinola and the stuff I stepped in last nite. Does he pay some kinda spif to the owners for each book he sells as the result of his posts here? I sincerely doubt it. Folks like that seldom share anything of value -- especially truly valuable information.

Could I be booted from the forum? Yes, it isn't my forum and the choice is up to the moderators. It is their choice, and I cannot fault them for removing any post that does not suit them. However, that is something I hope they don't do.

Are there treasures to be found? I am sure there are still some, otherwise I would not be lurking around here. On the other hand, the ones selling these books to the uninitiated with promises of immense treasures while knowing all along that the information is not true or that the treasure no longer exists (if it ever did), just chaps my hide.

They DEMAND credibility, with no proof. It don't work that way.

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
On the other hand once found...
It becomes a moot point...
You sit here yelling for proof,
While the one looking for the treasure has it in his hands .
You are still yelling for proof ...
the one with the treasure is quietly disposing of it.
and all the while you are yelling for proof,
the man with the treasure KNOWS,
that the only person he ever had anything to prove anything to was himself.

So ... He just leaves you guys here

yelling for proof.

Thom

K

Kentucky Kache

Rennwaggen said:
truckinbutch said:
Oo,Oo,Oo;Albert's gonna hit his ignore button on you too.That's what he did to me when I mentioned that a couple of my mother's uncles went to Danville at the turn of the century.
Next,he will complain to the moderators that we are hurting his book selling business.
We could be excused from this forum.Exercise care,my friend.
Why should Albert ignore the truth? Well, I guess if it hurts book sales . . .

My understanding of this forum business it that they are set up to discuss ideas, not sell books to naive folks who don't know the difference between shinola and the stuff I stepped in last nite. Does he pay some kinda spif to the owners for each book he sells as the result of his posts here? I sincerely doubt it. Folks like that seldom share anything of value -- especially truly valuable information.

Could I be booted from the forum? Yes, it isn't my forum and the choice is up to the moderators. It is their choice, and I cannot fault them for removing any post that does not suit them. However, that is something I hope they don't do.

Are there treasures to be found? I am sure there are still some, otherwise I would not be lurking around here. On the other hand, the ones selling these books to the uninitiated with promises of immense treasures while knowing all along that the information is not true or that the treasure no longer exists (if it ever did), just chaps my hide.

They DEMAND credibility, with no proof. It don't work that way.

If they can't have credibility without proof, then what are you so worried about? Let them show themselves for what they are.
There are things on this site that chaps me too. But, guess what, you and I are not the caretakers of the site.
And just for the record, I didn't send you any pictures.

OP
OP
R

Rennwaggen

Cache Crazy said:
And just for the record, I didn't send you any pictures.
I never implied you did, or anyone else. However, to those who would send pics which have been doctored to try to fool me, THEY have been warned that I will do all I can to expose them.

Old Dog said:
On the other hand once found...
It becomes a moot point...
You sit here yelling for proof,
While the one looking for the treasure has it in his hands .
You are still yelling for proof ...
the one with the treasure is quietly disposing of it.
and all the while you are yelling for proof,
the man with the treasure KNOWS,
that the only person he ever had anything to prove anything to was himself.

So ... He just leaves you guys here

yelling for proof.

Thom
OD, I know that you have much knowledge concerning these things. However, I think you may have misunderstood my intentions or I worded my statement so poorly that it was misleading. I'll try again.

What I am trying to convey here is that IF the treasure has been removed before you locate it, you must have followed some type of documentation to determine its location. If you followed the documentation to the site where it had been, but it has been removed before you got there, then the treasure was real. The evidence was real, and led someone to the location even if it was already gone.

Prove your case by producing the documentation you used, and then ONLY the part which led you on the final leg of your search. Provide pics of the treasure's location and any landmarks or signs followed to arrive there. All I want is for someone to PROVE these treasures are real.

lamar

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2004
Dear group;
What is proof? For my purposes, I consider proof to be tangible evidence of the existence of something or a specific documented event. For example, the Civil War is tangible. It happened, and the cause and effects of that war are still being felt. We know there was group of Southerners who formed a fraternity which they titled the Knights of the Golden Circle. We even have documented evidence of a few members names. I consider this to be proof of existence.

Now, let's proceed to the alleged buried treasures of the KGC. Where is the proof of THAT existence? Where does this evidence lie? There is no proof of the existence of any lost KGC treasure trove to the best of my knowledge, therefore I must subscribe to the theory that the fabled hoards of the KGC are naught but tales and legends.

Now, let's take another example. The copper scroll. This literary work has been scrutinized by countless scholars, historians, archeologists and clergy and the general concensus is that the scroll is genuine in nature. The scroll lists some 63 different treasure burials and it's VERY accurate, right down to street namesin several instances. The cities where the various troves are supposedly buried at are real, as their existence is well documented and there is no doubt that they once were thriving communities for the time.

Things start to get sticky right here. All of the cities listed in the scroll happen to be lost at the moment. Very lost, I might add. So, even though we might state with a reasonable degree of certainty that the copper scroll is truly an antique document, until one of the locations is discovered and a treasure trove which is listed on the scroll is recovered, the accuracy of the treasures described in the copper scroll must always have a shadow of doubt cast over them.

Again, we have a document which has been verified time and again as being genuine, yet we still can not prove the existence of the articles which are written about, therefore the accuracy of the instrument must be questioned until tangible evidence surfaces.

So, now I am supposed to believe in the existence of treasure troves buried throughout the USA, during a time when the nation was suffering one of it's greatest economic downturns, and in the midst of all of this poverty, there was a group of unamed people riding around, burying a kings' ransom everywhere they stopped?

I am sorry, but this simply does not pass the common sense test, gentlemen. Both sides of the conflict had to resort to scavenging for foodstuffs as there was no money from which to buy goods to feed the soldiers. The North scavenged just as much as, if not more than, the South, especially during the later stages of the conflict, and during the middle of all of this looting and stealing, there were small groups of men, riding around with wagonloads filled to the brim with gold and silver, and burying it at strategic locations? I really don't think so.
Your friend;
LAMAR

Hoss KGC

May 30, 2003
USA
I keep telling you that the KGC didn't bury anything. In fact, I doubt the KGC even existed. I think Brewer made it all up just to sell books. Those darn book writers. Out there ripping off us gullable people. I for one will never buy another book again...that will show em. At least until they show me some gold, pictures, and explain in detail how they figured it out. Ahhh what the heck, who am I fooling, I still wouldn't believe em...would you? And until they do actually prove it to me, I'll just sit in front of this computer and do REAL research. I'm sure the answers are on here somewhere. I guess what I'm saying is, I'm not gonna waste my time and money looking for treasure cause I don't know if it exists, at least until those that are obligated to prove it to me actually do. :icon_jokercolor:
Boattow

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
Well said Boattow,

I think what we have for the most part is someone who has the right to persue happiness just like the rest of us. This guys main idea of happiness is to go out and persue treasure caches that weren't placed in the ground across this country by an organization that doesn't exist. He posts pictures of his Non signs and tells us of his experiences and basically has a blast.

On the other hand we have a guy whose idea of persuing happiness is to find these posts and disparage them until the whole idea is maybe discouraged. He never posts a find and never looks beyond the small part of the forum he posts in, his only goal is making others miserable. It is sad, but, that makes him happy.

Thom

Clueman

Oct 15, 2004
I'm almost done (code for maybe months still) with a nearby recovery. I wasn't going to post till completion, but this guy is getting blasted.

Don't br harsh! This person IS a believer! He isn't inept. He KNOWS there have been recoveries. He just hasn't found any. His obsession with asking for proof is simply a request for someone to teach him. He wants someone to send him a pic of a hole with the "how to get there" instructions. Come out to Arkansas, and I'll show you a hole near a hoot owl tree, that was made AFTER a clue, and a carving were analyzed. Most successful treasure hunters have partners they share info with...I am NOT YOUR PARTNER, but if you want to see proof, come to www.sunsetridgeresort.com and reserve for a few days. I will show you a hole, I won't provide you with KGC Hunting 101....which is what you need. If you have half a brain, you can figure out why people dug where they dug. You have had the chance to see proof before, and didn't come see it...Come in person...and see.... then stop whining and learn for yourself.

Re-read Bob's book... Some of the answers ARE there. The other answers, or proof are "in the field" . Come to Arkansas, stay for a week, and see your proof.
Follow the trees.....

Clueman

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good afternoon : Why do they publish books about treasures? Simply for three reasons, one for a profit, two because we want them. It is similar to "Treasure Island", or any of the conspiricy books on the biblical interpretations, which I believe that most of you have read or seen moving picture versions of, and lastly for personal reasons, some to feed our egos, others to actually publish enough data for someone else to find it to embellish the first, and even to be an accredited authorial source on this particular treasure or event - all ego related.

In the case of Tayopa, I admit to a certain bit of ego also, since I am basically normal. And as a side thingie, to help and encourage others look for the first two Tayopas,.since I will not be searching for them other than to know that they also do exist. I am perfectly wiling to share what I have learned about them during my search for Tayopa, which I admit isn't enough for them to simply walk up to the hidden portals...I can do this on My Tayopa, but no-one expects this on a public forum until I am finished, or do they?

My friend swr has posted that he would like / hope to believe that if anyone ever found a treasure worth say a million of 1950 dollars and of great historical value, that they would willingly forgo it to have their place in history, in the form of a small white card stating that "by the courtesy of ----"!

Most have families or each of us personal dreams that can be benefited / fulfilled by the treasure , so I sincerely doubt that many who found one wouldn't first think of themselves rather than a disinterested populace, especially since it would most likely surface sooner or later, if not in this generation, then perhaps the next.

My amigo Lamar doubts that there would be any, under those circumstances, that would simply bury valuables instead of benefiting themselves, I tend to disagree in that the same motive exists in either going on a suicide mission or simply guarding their cause's power. The end is that the individual sacrifices himself / herself, for what they believe in.

I believe that Lamar will wholeheartedly agree that all, if not most, of the Jesuit / society would do so for their group, even to death.

As for the KGC, I frankly have no idea,other than to be curious on outlaws that are stealing and killing innocent civilians for simple personal profit would hold such knowledge as the KGC as a point of honor.

However, I must add that while I was living with the Yaqui Indians they would drive me up the wall. If they personally knew of a hidden mine or a treasure that had been entrusted to their family, they would not touch it with the proverbial 10 ft pole. They are perfectly willing to go look for another's, but not their own.

This makes for the classic chicken or the egg thingie. My friend "El Capitan" Juan Bakasewa Valencia's family has the location of a cave buried in the slide rubble of a cliff that contains almost 90 bars of gold and numerous French artifacts including many Lances, guns, and swords of various types. We have tried various times, but each time he backs off at the last minute.

I have proof that the cave exists and is exactly where we were going, however, no matter how much I would like to go without him I simply cannot, that silly honor thing again, sniff. I guess that we all have a cross to bear in this world.

Soo, while I am not sold on the KGC, I can understand the reasoning behind it and it's possibilities. Keep plugging and researching .

Don Jose d eLa Mancha

p.s. Swr, nothing about an unfound treasure is basically a reliable source as to it's location, but can be to it's existance. If reliable data exists with sufficient detail, it would no longer be lost. Hence the word "relialble" is a play on words. The very word "reliable" is subject to various interpretations according to what society or dictionary you wish to use as a "reliable" reference.

lamar

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2004
Dear group;
Since the subject of supposed *treasure symbols* has been broached, let's touch on this unique code for a moment, shall we? First, Symbols, or more precisely, icons, have been around for practically as long as mankind has been able to scratch markings into cave walls, etc. The Egyptians, while no means the first to use icons, were certainly amongst the most profilic users of iconology and their icons eventually spawned hieroglyphics.

The icon custom continued with the Jewish and later, the Christian civilizations until today. Today, everywhere we look, we may see symbols and ideas, such as arrows, warning symbols, etc. All of these symbols are icons and all are simple to understand, and they all share a common thread, or theme. They all offer the viewer an instant piece of information, such as the arrow indicating a one way street, or the familiar octagon shape of the stop sign.

It may be surmised, perhaps accurately, that theTemplars, with the widespread use of arcane symbols and icons in their chapels and outbuildings, were slowly ebbing away from the tenets of the Roman Catholic faith and evolving into an *esoteric* Christian brotherhood. That they were accused of heresy most probably started from the heretical astrological carvings and texts. Taking into consideration the widely held superstitious beliefs of both clergy and layman alike, it should come as little surprise that the Templars were eventually condemned and ceased to exist as a Roman Catholic monastetic order.

That the Freemasons borrowed freely from the Templars iconological carvings also would lead one to surmise that perhaps the Freemasons are also an esoteric society. This is the reason why the Papal authorities condemned the Freemasons and discouraged any member of the Roman Catholic church from joining their ranks. As far as I know, Roman Catholics are still discouraged from enlisting in the Society of the Freemasons.

That a secret society within the United States carved symbols on trees that supposedly a treasure signs is laughable. First, how can one be positive of the meaning of ANY of the discovered when there is not a single shred of reputable evidence to support the meaning of the icon(s) in question.

The Egyptian hierogylphics were once thought to be unsolvable and they were until the uncovering of the Rosetta stone in 1799. As a note of interest, the Rosetta stone was carved in not one but THREE different languages, those being Hierogylphics, Demotic and Greek. Even with the three languages carved into the same stone it wasn't until TWENTY THREE years later that the rudimentary translation process even began!

And so, who has translated the meanings of these so-called *treasure signs*? Who are the experts in the field? From where did they gain their expertise? Is there any infallible proof of the existence of treasure signs or of their meanings? Or, perhaps some enterprising writers invented the entire thing, with each successive generation of writer adding a little bit of his/her imagination to the storytelling process?

And what about *treasure* symbols carved into the trunks of trees? Are these to be considered as accurate indicators of a hidden treasure stash? Doubtful at best. That practically all trees in the USA are new growth, that meaning less than 100 years old, the trees in which the symbols are carved most probably were not even in existence when the treasure was supposedly hidden.

Another interest fact of note is that trees expand outwards during their growth process. This is evidenced in the cross sectional growth rings and from this feature we can conclude with great accuracy, not only the age of the tree in question but the climatic conditions during the trees' life span. the outer covering of the tree is protected by a thick outer growth called bark.

This bark does not remain with the tree throughout it's lifespan, and it's being constantly rejuvenated, with fresh bark growing in place of old bark and the old bark is then cast off. This phenomenom must take place, as the tree is constantly expanding during it's life thus rendering cracks in the bark as the expansion process continues. The tree bark is a critical component to the survival of the tree for without it the tree would become subjected to a multitude of insects and diseases.

So, if there happened to be a tree alive today which was alive during the time that these treasures were supposedly hidden, which to the best of knowledge is sometime between the close of the Civil War and around the end of the 1800s, then we may surmise that the carving in question could no longer be viewable by the human eye, as the continual rejuvenation of the tree bark would totally erase any markings well within the span of a half of a century.

Therefore, we can conclude that the carvings on tree trunks were not placed there by a supposed member of the KGC, rather they were most probably carved into the trees during the last half of the 1900s.

This little gem of information pertaining to tree evolution is quite convienently overlooked by the writers of treasure books, strangely enough. Perhaps they overlook this fact because the wish for the reader(s) to remain blissfully ignorant of the laws of nature, as these laws do not fit in very well with their tales of hidden treasure stashes and treasure signs, which supposedly can one to uncover millions, if not BILLIONS of dollars of gold, silver and other precious artifacts.
Your friend;
LAMAR

lamar

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2004
Dear group;
I feel that I am gaining the reputation of being a doubting Thomas. Trust me, nothing can be further from the truth. People have asked me if I believe there are significant sized treasure troves lying hidden, just waiting to be discovered. My answer is "ABSOLUTELY!"

Just during WWII alone, there is ample recorded evidence of Nazi and Japanese plundering and pillaging. Not only were vast sums of precious metals taken, there were countless artistic renderings as well as antiques which were crated up and hauled away, never to be seen or heard from again.

That the Spanish conquestadores plundered and pillaged the New World for all they were worth is also widely recorded, and generally by more than single eyewitness accounts. Herein lies the caveat. The later colonists had no desire, nor wherewithal, to plunder the New World as everything of value lying on the surface had already been shipped back to the treasuries of Spain and Portugal by the earlier Conquistadores.

From various archives it can be concluded that there was a substantial portion of the plundered goods which never reached the coffers of Europe. Some accounts place this figure to be as high as ten percent, while others place the percantage to be around five percent. These are the facts. They are recorded in the archives and there is no reason to doubt the accuracy of the statements.

It's at this point where the facts leave off and the fiction starts. It is generally agreed upon, by those less informed, that the Jesuits must have stolen it! However, it must be noted that the Jesuits were not in the New World at the time, in fact, during the conquest of the New World there were less than 50 members in the whole of the Society of Jesus, however most readers of treasure books don't know this fact. They take whatever is written by the author as gospel while failing to do the proper background research themselves.

I've read on this forum very recently that the reason why the Jesuits were in charge of the mines of the New World was because they were to insure that the Roman Catholic church got their tithe. This is not only funny, it's positively HILARIOUS! There has never been a single monarch to have paid the Vatican a state tithe with state funds. The nobility of the day were so greedy that to even dream up such a notion is comical. That anyone would believe this nonsense is even more comical. "It's easier to pass a camel through the eye of a needle than it is for a wealthy man to pass through the gates of Heaven."

Again, I do NOT refute the possiblity of the existence of hidden treasures, I ONLY refute the very sloppy, or total lack of, research. I've happened to have read a couple of books on alleged treasure signs and nowhere did I did read of a sign which meant "HUGE FORTUNE BURIED RIGHT HERE! DIG HERE!" Why is this? Is it to keep the location of the treasure in question a secret? Or, perhaps it's because the authors don't wish for their readers to discover that they have no idea what they are writing about?

Again, common sense must be utilized before the first spadeful of dirt is uncovered. I do not abhor the search for hidden or lost treasures, however I DO abhor the intentional slandering of any individual or group by another whose only motive is to generate profits from fictional books about hidden treasures.
Your friend;
LAMAR

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good morning MI Amigo Lamar: I agree with your first post, and most of your second.

You also posted -->

I DO abhor the intentional slandering of any individual or group by another whose only motive is to generate profits from fictional books about hidden treasures.
~~~~~~~~~~~

I also agree to this post, - "slander, a lie intentionally harmful to another" - . The mere reporting in itself does not negate the wonderful works of the field Jesuit, He accomplished wonders with basically nothing, however with the higher up hierarchy, politics reigned in the Vatican then, as in any field of politics. To simply survive in those days one had to resort to any means available.

However, written records in Mexico city, refer to various Jesuits being in charge of different mines and clerical positions etc.

The mere existence of theJesuit society today attests to this. There are many competitive orders doing just as good work as they have done.

Governments today are in no way different. Money and power still count.

Don Jose de La Mancha

p.s. Hmm no one has ever tried to see what my price night be, snifff??? Jesuits , I am wiling to listen.

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OHIO mi buddy swr: you posted --->

Jose. If you would learn to use the “quote” feature here, it would be so much easier on everybody. Show a little courtesy, will ya
~~~~~~~~~~~

Nah, I am a crude individualist, if I weren't, Tayopa would never have be re found. Incidentally, even after a few years of posting in here while I recovered from cancer, only you have found it necessary to suggest this. So I am left with the idea that you are merely picking to be picking. Most in here are "quite intelligent" and seem to have no problems.
**************************************************************************************

swr you also posted --->

Why enter into a discussion if you "have no idea"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hmm, I might ask you that very same question. A simple "I Don't believe it" certainly doesn't qualify as an intelligent or qualified response or an idea.

Actually, unlike you, I am wlling to listen, instead of going into an auto-negative response.

With so much smoke, there must be a bit of truth in this some where, I would like to hear of it, even if I never have any intention to seek it out even with a legitimate map..
**************************************************************************************

swr you also posted -->

Requesting reliable sources scares the bejeepers out of you guys who bring nothing but bare assertion fallacies into the conversation.
~~~~~~~~~~~

Actually, no it doesn't, but asking for quotable, reliable sources on something that hasn't been recovered simply for lack of such a source is a bit childish or naive.

I can ask You a simple question, prove to me that CHRIST actually existed. Please don't quote the Bible since that is basically a simple collection of repeated verbal histories, which according to your standards, is an unreliable source.

Probably the finding of Troy through an unreliable source of fairy tales called the ILLIAD by Homer, which I loved to read as a kiddie, tends to question as to what is a reliable source? That certainly isn't one by your standards, yet ????/

Don Jose de La Mancha

alpha105

May 19, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That a secret society within the United States carved symbols on trees that supposedly a treasure signs is laughable. First, how can one be positive of the meaning of ANY of the discovered when there is not a single shred of reputable evidence to support the meaning of the icon(s) in question.

Without going into much detail.....there are many finding within organizations and items passed down from members to other family members in such organizations that explain what markings and symbols mean. These are usually passed to authors or other such people and placed into books.
IE: Man in KGC writes down a few symbols with explanations into a notebook he keeps on him. He passes away and his children get such items. Most times unknown to them what it is but, when they attempt to find out what these things are about they bring them to historians and scholars which have been studying such fields for a long time and put their information into the equation. Eventually these scholars add this and other information to books so they can pass their information onto the next generation to progress.

And as for tree bark......if the cut is deep enough it can, and will prevent regrowth.

lamar

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2004
Dear alpha105;
That the meanings of symbols were passed down through the generations by word of mouth is too indistinct of a statement for me to buy into and it is fraught with all sorts misinterpretations. For now, there would be at least four passing generations and this is more than enough time for meanings to become clouded. And why were these these meanings passed down only to the writers of books? It sounds very suspicious to me and the explanation is too neat and tidy.

Next, I tend to agree wholeheartedly with your next statement:

And as for tree bark......if the cut is deep enough it can, and will prevent regrowth. "

You are absolutely correct, in a manner of speaking. If the tree bark is damaged enough the tree will die shortly thereafter, thus no regrowth will occur. However, since the tree is now dead, it soon decomposes, thereby rendering any former markings null and void.

That damaging a trees' bark in order to kill it was discovered by man from observing beavers. A beaver does not actually chew through a living tree, rather the beaver will cut a ring through the bark of the tree then return in six months to a years' time and chew through the soft fibers of the now dead tree.

In order to prevent damaging tree bark and thus possibly killing the tree, responsible and aware members of the offroading community no longer throw a winch cable or chain around the trunk of a tree when they use a tree as an anchor point. Rather they will take a wide nylon strap, called a tree saver strap and use it to wrap around the tree trunk and attach the winch cable to the tree saver strap. This precludes the possibility of killing the tree.
Your friend;
LAMAR

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions