Do you recycle?

Do you recycle everything -or- nothing... maybe a little bit?

• I worship the recycling gods!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Plastic bottles, steel food cans and glass gets put in blue recycling bags for pick up. Newspapers go into recycling bin for the cub scouts. Aluminum goes to scrap yard.

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
Montana Jim,

the environment and I are one. ;D

If I'm hunting in the wood I always piss
with the wind at my back. :wink:

have a good un...
SHERMANVILLE

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS said:
Montana Jim,

the environment and I are one. ;D

If I'm hunting in the wood I always piss
with the wind at my back. :wink:

have a good un...
SHERMANVILLE
dry shoes :thumbsup:

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
only for profit cans,scrap alum,copper etc
plastic and cardboard gets split to bins everything gets curbed

Roger Mn.

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2007
Rochester,Minnesota
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I recycle lots of things. I know I could do better and probably end the need for garbage pickup. If I started a compost pill I could do it. It has to be a proper compost setup and not the above ground one like my neighbor had were the birds picked up everything and droped it in our yard. I know they make a plastic compost cantainer with a lid.
Roger

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't but would if someone would pick it up. I'd have to sort it and haul it several miles to a recycling place and then they as usual wouldn't take but certain parts of it. Monty

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
since the snow melted
I average a 5 gallon bucket of cans a day (give or take) :thumbsup:

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
I recycle the cans with a deposit but I despise feeding those can machines so they stack up in the shed for a bit before I get over there. We have a large dumpster for regular trash then a smaller one for recyclables so for the most part I do recycle but if I had to haul it to the recycle center it would not get done most likely...the shed is already full of cans! :wink:

done dug it all up

Feb 8, 2009
Cinci--just moved to KY
i recycle all the brass copper and aluminum I find. was out the other day and dug a 6 pound brass water pipe junction there. Maybe some folks wouldve left it lie but I took it to recycle. Couple of bucks of brass right there. I dont think folks would leave two $1 bills laying there, 8 quarters laying on the ground, or so why not recycle if your digging it up anyway?

done dugit

tomclark

Bronze Member
Dec 18, 2006
Tampa Bay, FL
Detector(s) used
ShadowX2, TEJON, Eyes, Pony Shovel
Primary Interest:
Other
Yep. Everyone should see what they throw away into a landfill put in one bin, in a week the average family throws away amazing amounts of recyclable material. Try it for one week and see.

I recycle all glass, recyclable plastic, cans and some metals, paper/cardboard, compost food scraps. I look for and use as much recycled materials in paper goods and any other household items whenever I can. I am not buying any dam thing from China and nothing with added useless stuff. I buy bulk foods such as grains and beans, even sugar. No packages if possible (they don't tell you food packages are poisoned....ah, but we aren't eating them.....?????!!!!). I get my printer ink cartridges refilled. Plus, I'm wearing underwear at least 20 years old, hahahahaha. ::)
I don't water my lawn. I don't poison inside or outside my home for any reason. Natural cleaning products and personal products. We are dying from chemicals everywhere in our lives.

theloadroom

Oct 17, 2006
SW Idaho
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Sunray X-1 probe
City mandated $5.50 a month recycle fee tacked onto the trash bill, they supply one bin. It's a minor inconvenience but a worth while consideration. We put whatever they allow in the bin unless it would attract animals, kitchen waste and coffee grounds go to the garden area. I do believe we could all do better to slow down the landfill waste.

Seamuss

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2009
Found under a rock, in Washington State.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Scorpion, Garrett pro pointer
Are you an environmentalist or do you work for a living?

I recycle and I try to stay away from towns downstream from the city. Where all that trash gets washed down the storm drains and end up in the ocean if it does not choke the living sh-- out of the small towns water system and overflow into the streets during winter storms.

There is an island of plastic about three feet thick and half the size of the United States floating in the Pacific Ocean. It's decaying and putting carbon dioxide in the ocean waters turning it acidic and killing fish. The jelly fish can thrive in these waters and harm more fish that can't thrive in these waters.

This country is about three percent of the worlds population and consumes about sixty five percent of the natural resources. The worlds natural resources are disappearing about as fast as the population is rising.

There will be a day where there will be a point of NO return in the future.

The oxygen level in the air is slighty over half of what it use to be two hundred year ago. The cabon dioxide is almost double what it was two hundred years ago.

I worked in the medical field for a long time. That's how I know about the oxegen and carbon dioxide levels.

Polution...it will come back to haunt us and we continue to do absolutely nothing about it. Go figure. Do I recycle... Hell yes... and I plant trees also. I also walk to use less gas and I reuse most everything atleast once before I recycle.

Don't get ME started on this subject.

airborne1092

Sep 7, 2008
Inland NW
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
C'mon. I live in Germany!

We separate our plastic, metal, glass, paper, GARBAGE, and compost (we use that ourselves, for the garden.) It used to be a PITA, but now when I'm in the States, its more of a PITA NOT to!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread