Do you trust your neighbor to own a sword?

Tahts-a-dats-ago

Apr 30, 2014
NJ
Detector(s) used
Legend,
Anfibio multi,
Apex,
ORX,
Deus,
Vanquish 440
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
all the more reason to keep your firearm at home.......right?

Why?

Can you cite the power, granted to government, that allows such infringement?

Kantuckkeean

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2009
Cornfield, IN
Detector(s) used
F-22, cheapo pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
See how you make my point for me that its ridiculous to blame the tool instead of the user?

There was once a mass killing with the jaw bone of an ass. Let's ban asses. Dang sure no shortage of them.

You shoulda seen the damage Sampson inflicted with his AR.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
First off...WOW just WOW!

Second, you do realize that the rate of hits during a gun fight is as low as 18% when trained police officers are involved in a gun battle. 6 x .18 = 1.08

Wonder what that ratio would be if you were not trained each month and had access to unlimited amounts of ammo.
If you were engaging an evil person that was armed with an illegal assault weapon after just waking up from a dead asleep. Wonder what chances you would have?

Your idea is absurd in that it has no roots in reality.

With that said, I routinely carry a 5 shooter. Perhaps I should look into something that holds more rounds.

How many is too many?
I'd consider that to be as many as it takes , plus a few in reserve. Beyond that . could be more than enough , in theory.

The "independent review" seems to agree with Six shooter Tim though..

https://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-stockton-bank-robbery-20150817-story.html

Kantuckkeean

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2009
Cornfield, IN
Detector(s) used
F-22, cheapo pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Newnan, Duckshot, Garscale, TH, et al.,

I’m not talking about taking away the Constitutional rights of law abiding citizens, except in rare circumstances and even then with due process. I’m not talking about taking away your guns.

I sure don’t want anyone taking away mine, unless of course I become inflicted with a mental issue that could manifest in violence. In that case, by all means, please take them away from me.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
all the more reason to keep your firearm at home.......right?
Mine are at home with me, they are also with me when I am not home, there is always a firearm or 2 with me.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you seriously worry about this happening? Wow, just wow...

According to the U.S. Department of Justice 1.03 million home invasions occur each year, 38% of assaults and 60% of rapes occur during home invasions, but don't let the statistics get in the way.

DirtDiggerDaveinMD

Jan 31, 2005
Sure. Let’s. Or you can call it a “pistol with a stabilizing brace”... heck, let’s call it whatever we need so that we can mass produce them and get them into the hands of anyone who wants one, as quickly, inexpensively, and easily as possible, regardless of their intentions.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

MILLIONS of brace kits and braced pistols have been sold since Obama's ATF approved their sale and manufacture. Before that AR pistols just had a plain buffer tube. Sounds like "in common use" to me.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Six rounds? Look up the 1986 Miami shootout. Took the FBI 145 rounds to stop two bank robbers.

I want to have that availability, but 10 in the pistol and 10 in the spare mag. is what I get by with. (NY SAFE Act - commies).

In the dark, moving, behind cover, it might be nice to keep someone's head down long enough to get to a real weapon or leave the scene. Possibly having to use the weak hand if wounded.

When it comes to firepower: Too much is always enough. The last thing I want to give an assailant or home intruder is a sporting chance.

You mean to say college kids don't still use Sangria in the bong and drink it after? Youth is wasted on the young.

Last edited:

DirtDiggerDaveinMD

Jan 31, 2005
Six rounds? Look up the 1986 Miama shootout. Took the FBI 145 rounds to stop two bank robbers.

I want to have that availability, but 10 in the pistol and 10 in the spare mag. is what I get by with. (NY SAFE Act - commies).

In the dark, moving, behind cover, it might be nice to keep someone's head down long enough to get to a real weapon or leave the scene. Possibly having to use the weak hand if wounded.

When it comes to firepower: Too much is always enough. The last thing I want to give an assailant or home intruder is a sporting chance.

You mean kids don't still use Sangria in the bong and drink it after? Youth is wasted on the young.

Right? Kids today... :dontknow: I don't think most kids know what Sangria is.

Tesorodeoro

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you seriously worry about this happening? Wow, just wow...

Nice of you to kind of quote me outside anything I said.

However since you decided to insert me into this side conservation...
I personally know two different people that had something similar happen.

One happened to have a tool handy and prevented herself from being a victim. The perp had about 13 leaks when it was over. She was a savage!

The other person was in their mid 80’s and awoke to their wife being felt up by a perp.
Long story short they were very lucky the guy was out of his mind.

It happens more than you think. This isn’t Chicago either. Small town USA.

Then there was my neighbor that killed his wife and dismembered her and buried her in in a shallow grave covered in lye. I’m sure I could think of a few other bizarre events that I never want to be part of.

Nice of you to fall back to the age old “sorry you live your life in fear” comment.
Next will come the comment..I don’t pack a tarp because I’m scared it will rain..I do it to be prepared in case it rains so I won’t get wet...

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Who's living in fear?

Oh, right. The guys that are skeerd of their neighbor's gun when it's not even pointed at them yet. :laughing7:

I'm the kind of guy that likes to take off my seat belt when I speed in traffic. Sometimes I take the battery out of my smoke detector so I can smoke in bed. But there are several places in America where a guy like me could get caught dead unarmed. I don't want to go out like that.

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
According to the U.S. Department of Justice 1.03 million home invasions occur each year, 38% of assaults and 60% of rapes occur during home invasions, but don't let the statistics get in the way.

So the odds of someone "invading" my home is at least 300 to 1? Actually, it's much higher, since I have a modest home and don't have much worth taking! Lol!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions