DOC NOSS-Victorio Peak OR The Caballo Mountains

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
well, he told them he stole it from missons, mule trains and storage sites. read up on him, he was said to have had quite a ten year rampage. looks to me like mr. noss put two and two together when he found the rock with the crude cross on it and the waterfall. he really did let someone, most likely his wife take a picture of the rock in the bed of his pickup truck. read up on him.
IMO, there is quite possibly still a boatload of gold hidden in the Caballos. Its source hasn't been verified exactly. My working model points to the Pinos Altos/Santa Rita mineralized zone.

Re-read Post #3438 for the truth about El Chato (if you care).

Mr. Noss was a lifelong criminal, liar, grifter, scammer, ex-con, murderer, family betrayer and who knows what else. His two and two always equalled three. Here he is in Hatch NM after getting caught cheating yet another mark - this time Charlie Ryan, who killed him.
dead doc.jpg

autofull

Mar 18, 2010
exeter pa
Detector(s) used
garrett
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
IMO, there is quite possibly still a boatload of gold hidden in the Caballos. Its source hasn't been verified exactly. My working model points to the Pinos Altos/Santa Rita mineralized zone.

Mr. Noss was a lifelong criminal, liar, grifter, scammer, ex-con, murderer, family betrayer and who knows what else. His two and two always equalled three. Here he is in Hatch NM after getting caught cheating yet another mark - this time Charlie Ryan, who killed him.
View attachment 2028625
yup, i know doc,s story.

autofull

Mar 18, 2010
exeter pa
Detector(s) used
garrett
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
yup, i know doc,s story.
oh, yer correct guy. i believe in the hidden and lost caches of bullion. seems its all luck anymore to find any. i would enjoy going back to new mexico for the umpteenth time but this time i want to drone search for adit openings into the old volcanic passageways that have been spoken of for a few years, like alot of years. i have remote ground vehicles that i will sacrifice on good looking openings. but, thats just a thought right now. if anyone finds something never tell, thats why i think most guys were scammers, why, oh why would you brag about something that you do not yet possess. im a very quiet guy myself, lots to tell but i shall not. look for addit entries, that is what i feel are the best bet anymore. just my two. kevin in pa.

copperpot

Mar 17, 2015
Mesa, AZ
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

View attachment 2028625

Unsolved Mysteries did a segment on this treasure. They made it appear as if there was bars of gold and a treasure there.

Does anyone else think there either was a vast amount of treasure there?

Or thinks there is not?

Or thinks it may still be present at Victorio?

Has anyone here done a serious search there?

Riverbum

Jul 13, 2011
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sometime we become conflicted with our thoughts , mine anyway, with doubt. And yet I also have to remind myself that there just TOO MANY places that me and many other haven't looked, right there in the Caballos. I find it impossible to cover it all, so a lot of times I will stop using clues , old history, etc. and just go searching with my best judgement...alot of times that has turned out to be BETTER than some clues. The Caballos are very mysterious.

Riverbum

Jul 13, 2011
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unsolved Mysteries did a segment on this treasure. They made it appear as if there was bars of gold and a treasure there.

Does anyone else think there either was a vast amount of treasure there?

Or thinks there is not?

Or thinks it may still be present at Victorio?

Has anyone here done a serious search there?
I have found plenty of evidence that some folks have done some rather serious work in the Caballos and I don't mean mining. Some places there show signs of dynamite blow outs, other places have people intials carved into to them next to entrances to "caves' or "mines" there that end up going no where after about 50 to 100 feet long.... weird , I know Guano was harvested there , and those cables on the west (lake side) I haven't figured out what those were for. I once actually saw a DRONE flying around there a small privately owned one obviously, and I was way up high near the top peak area, but I couldn't tell where the operator was

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
I have found plenty of evidence that some folks have done some rather serious work in the Caballos and I don't mean mining. Some places there show signs of dynamite blow outs, other places have people intials carved into to them next to entrances to "caves' or "mines" there that end up going no where after about 50 to 100 feet long.... weird , I know Guano was harvested there , and those cables on the west (lake side) I haven't figured out what those were for. I once actually saw a DRONE flying around there a small privately owned one obviously, and I was way up high near the top peak area, but I couldn't tell where the operator was
Don't be surprised if you see a one-man helicopter snooping around sometime in the future.

autofull

Mar 18, 2010
exeter pa
Detector(s) used
garrett
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Don't be surprised if you see a one-man helicopter snooping around sometime in the future.
i know about the bat crap mining. i saw the remains many years ago. crazy heights. i wonder how their health is. buncha ww2 vets did it in the 40s also. i believe there are caches and artifacts that the spanish left but how to find them, luck. who would believe a map these days. feet on the ground , young feet. climb up high, use your binoculars, and look around, and look across from you. do not trust me, just go do it.

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
i know about the bat crap mining. i saw the remains many years ago. crazy heights. i wonder how their health is. buncha ww2 vets did it in the 40s also. i believe there are caches and artifacts that the spanish left but how to find them, luck. who would believe a map these days. feet on the ground , young feet. climb up high, use your binoculars, and look around, and look across from you. do not trust me, just go do it.
Yeah, I pretty much agree. If I wanted to search the Caballos, I'd follow my usual method. I'd pick some steep, tough terrain and just start wandering around randomly, up and down, over and around, following my nose and going to any place that captured my attention. That ought to be enough to keep you going for years.

autofull

Mar 18, 2010
exeter pa
Detector(s) used
garrett
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Yeah, I pretty much agree. If I wanted to search the Caballos, I'd follow my usual method. I'd pick some steep, tough terrain and just start wandering around randomly, up and down, over and around, following my nose and going to any place that captured my attention. That ought to be enough to keep you going for years.
hey, we ttink alot alike. cool. im old but still in great shape so unless i have a hidden health flaw im good to go. ive been there many times but as i said now its adit hunting. i want in the mountain. i wish i had better clues and some heavy equipment. i can operate anything. but, it shall not be. i want to drive a 2022 corvett like the one my buddy let me drive today. yee-haw. now to find a way into the mountain this winter. my buddies are all ready to go. we will probally just have fun but what the heck, the supes and caballos are calling.

Mar 25, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So, the hunt got very real this month. I went to the Caballos on Sept 30.
The next day, was climbing up the nw side of angels landing with a long time climbing partner.
He was one of the few that can climb remote areas.
So just as we arrived at the vertical limestone at noon, he suffered a heart attack.
He would not admit he was in trouble, refused to call 911, and so we started back down by the easiest route possible.
About 2/3 of the way back down to my quad, he said he needed to sit down and rest.
As he was sitting down, he just laid back and tipped over.
I called 911 and started cpr.
What made this so real is that it took over 1 hour for a helicopter to locate us. The copter could not land because of the terrain.
He hovered to guide the ground rescue personel. It was another hour before the first help arrived.
Unfortunately it was too late, my partner was dead.
So, I guess what I want to stress is that if you venture into rugged high altitude terrain, dont plan on any quick help if a situation develops.
Be prepared to be your own survival plan. I doubt rescue personnel could have even gotten to us where he initially had the issue.
Luckily we were 2/3 of the way back down. Even at that lower location ground personnel were not really in physical shape to get to us quickly.

On a good note, he died where he loved to be, doing what he loved to do. Quick painless, gone. Not sitting in some rest home drooling on himself.
Its the way he always said he wanted to go.
RIP partner.

WR
Hello WhiskyRat. Are you still interested in the Caballo Mountains?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Devildog_505

Jan 22, 2023
Just got back into town. I'm on to something down south. What are the proper ways to claim findings? I've filed through the proper methods but am afraid to disclose whereabouts.... it is sketchy to go through proper claims process because all I'm asked for is location and amount. FYI... if you're in caballo... head a tad north in the east mountains

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
After spending the last several weeks reading through the Victorio Peak threads from the past decade, it GLARINGLY stands out to me that "SDCFIA" goes to all lengths to try and discredit the Doc Noss story. I can't help but think he sounds a HECK of a lot like a certain Jim Eckles or someone on the base with a vested interest to DENY, DENY, DENY.

He claims several times to have no interest in Victorio Peak, yet he's the #1 detractor on all the common threads. That's not someone who has no interest, that's someone WITH an interest.
I'm interested in VP only because IMO it's a distraction away from the Caballos, where the true focus should be. I discredit the Noss story because of Noss himself. Others' mileage may vary.

TedinArizona

Tenderfoot
Sep 30, 2018
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug 2
Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hmm , you are correct it is looking towards the west NP's lil map shows the general data. The trail goes East to the Victorio Peak to treasr,e then continues East to the Eastern side of the Caballo, curves to the soutj. and ends up on the Eastern side od the Caballo.

View attachment 1080236
I can assure you with 95% accuracy this map has nothing to do with Victorio Peak :)

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can assure you with 95% accuracy this map has nothing to do with Victorio Peak :)
Real deal Tayopa is not anymore with us. But i agree with your statement about the NP pink map.
In my opinion, this map is for Arizona, for the region where the Jesuits hid their church treasure before been expelled. Actually in this map are two maps, with one to be up side down.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread