Does anybody know if such a thing exists?

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sounds like you did a bad job training your wife.

unfortunately, we do not train wifes- wifes trains us......

If you *think* you are training your wife, you're not. It's just a delusion
that she's letting you believe.

marriage.jpg

saltednuts

Feb 12, 2011
york county, penn.
Detector(s) used
presently garrett gta 1000 , fisher cz5 and now a fisher cz21 10.5" coil and vibra=quatic 2 pinpointer add another cz21
A friend of mine has a food truck business well 7 Funnel Cake trailers, he goes thru considerable amounts of ice. He buys bagged ice in bulk from an ice plant and stores it in portable ice boxes, they have refrigeration units on each is rigged with lights of different colors that let him know the status of the units constantly. if there is a problem the lights turn red, 3 lights each indicate a different issue they were rigged by an electrician. they only run during the summer when someone is around so like 7 months. the longest one would be unattended would be max 16 hrs and the ice would hold for that long. You should have someone in your area smart enough to do that. I would tell you how but I'm not that SMART.

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A friend of mine has a food truck business well 7 Funnel Cake trailers, he goes thru considerable amounts of ice. He buys bagged ice in bulk from an ice plant and stores it in portable ice boxes, they have refrigeration units on each is rigged with lights of different colors that let him know the status of the units constantly. if there is a problem the lights turn red, 3 lights each indicate a different issue they were rigged by an electrician. they only run during the summer when someone is around so like 7 months. the longest one would be unattended would be max 16 hrs and the ice would hold for that long. You should have someone in your area smart enough to do that. I would tell you how but I'm not that SMART.
Good rig here. I can do it,I,m not smart enough to explain it though.On the heat pump outside unit you,d need to figure out what circuit shuts it down and rig a normally open relay to the voltage source,if that circuit loses voltage the relay closes and sends voltage to the light or buzzer in the house.Not quite that simple,but you probably get the idea. You need to be able to read a schematic,which isn,t hard,to figure out what circuit to work off of.

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice of you to jump in and offer advise and help.

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If there are any packing sheds(fruit and vegetable packing) call and find out who does their refrigeration, Because they would be using real intelligent companies to do the units they run as any breakdown there results in massive profit loss. Maybe they can point you in the right direction of who to call to rig something up for you.

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If there are any packing sheds(fruit and vegetable packing) call and find out who does their refrigeration, Because they would be using real intelligent companies to do the units they run as any breakdown there results in massive profit loss. Maybe they can point you in the right direction of who to call to rig something up for you.
Good thinking Back of the Boat.

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good thinking Back of the Boat.
I used to be a forklift supervisor/cold room supervisor and packing line supervisor at a packing shed so we had electricians and HVAC on duty always working on something, they were contractors not staff, but as much as they were there everyone was on a first name basis. Any work parties they were always there because it was like they were staff.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does anybody know if there is an audible or visual alarm that can be installed on the outdoor unit of a heat pump to alert you should it malfunction?
If so, who would I get to install one?
Maybe if you told us your make and model we could do a better search for you ?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread