🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Does anyone recognize or have any information regarding

Capncrunch

Mar 25, 2020
KCMO Area
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster 5000, Fisher F22, Quest X10, Nokta Makro Simplex+, Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, I was hunting a yard with NO history (KNOWN: houses from maps, activities, etc), where a friend of mine bought his 1957 house. I don't know why, but we have found some really cool stuff, a lot of it from the mid-1800s. I can post other photos, later, but would really like help IDing THIS emblem- maybe a buckle cover(?) that I dug at 12".
It is stamped brass, that seems to have been gold(?) plated/gilded, has cross-bars and what appears to be the federal shield, with 2 letters in it, maybe NC or CN... It is next to a 12 Ga Shot-shell Head (For reference- approx. .810") and a 2 Cent piece (.906") that I found at the same site.
I have thoughts, but don't want to sway anyone else's ideas, so I'll hold them for now.
IF anyone recognizes this or can give me any information (based on style or even the font age/era?) I'd sure appreciate it.
My searching drew a blank.
Thanks
John

Attachments

• 09-13-22 Larry's Hunt2 (2).jpg
    09-13-22 Larry's Hunt2 (2).jpg
    557.3 KB · Views: 127

TheCannonballGuy

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2006
Occupied CSA (Richmond VA)
Detector(s) used
White's 6000, Nautilus DMC-1, Minelab
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The characteristics you told us about the buckle, and its size in comparison to the 2-cent coin, indicate it is a late-1800s-into-early-1900s suspenders strap adjuster buckle.

The NC or CN in the shield on it is most probably the initials of the manufacturer or brand. Somebody who is good at researching early-1900s suspenders brands (I'm not) could tell you the name.

That being said... the round knob on the lower end of the letter C might be a lower-case letter o, and thus indicate it means Co.

Last edited:
Upvote 5

Jack873

Nov 13, 2011
Willow Grove, Pa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 1

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions