Does the XP Deus Coil remain ON all the time?

desmobob

Apr 10, 2005
upstate NY -- Lake George region
Detector(s) used
XP Dēus, White's DFX, Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think all the components are at least a little bit "awake" all the time.

Last weekend, I had my Deus out, detecting in the woods with a friend. I had loaned him my Garrett Ace 250. I was not using my Deus' headphones so it would be easier for the two of us to keep in touch, but I had the headphones with me in my pouch.

When I got a good signal near the site of an old hunting camp, I dug out a plug and pulled out my pinpointer. It was set to work through my headphones and, even though they weren't turned on, I could hear the pinpointer's signal coming through them in my pouch. I was surprised. (The hole produced a badly corroded 1880 Indian head penny.)

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think all the components are at least a little bit "awake" all the time.

Last weekend, I had my Deus out, detecting in the woods with a friend. I had loaned him my Garrett Ace 250. I was not using my Deus' headphones so it would be easier for the two of us to keep in touch, but I had the headphones with me in my pouch.

When I got a good signal near the site of an old hunting camp, I dug out a plug and pulled out my pinpointer. It was set to work through my headphones and, even though they weren't turned on, I could hear the pinpointer's signal coming through them in my pouch. I was surprised. (The hole produced a badly corroded 1880 Indian head penny.)
They most certainly are 'at least a little bit "awake" all the time.' They have to be in order to recognize that you punched the "on" button. Actually most electronics these days are always on (but at minimal power).

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread