🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Does these symbols on the tombstone mean something ?

9AKA2

Greenie
Oct 12, 2021
8EC25C73-23C8-40F9-A40E-B0325AD45424.jpeg
A6066BC3-4CAE-4CA5-BFF3-CE76F2166A1E.jpeg

Phil

Dec 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Id say something to do with the masons. The all seeing eye and pyramid is why i say this. I could be way off but don't think so. The freemasons have been around for thousands of yrs

Yep.

The symbol to the right represents the Royal Arch, which means he presided over a lodge.

And at the bottom, the eight steps means he was a Master Mason of Swedish or Scottish descent.

Upvote 0

aysuleiman

Apr 4, 2023
Hey there! Even though this thread is a bit old, I wanted to chime in and share some of my knowledge on tombstone symbols. It's really interesting how each symbol has a specific meaning, and they can often give us insights into the life of the person buried there. I've seen a lot of these symbols in my time visiting cemeteries, and they can range from religious symbols to fraternal organization symbols like the Freemasons. In fact, I recently visited Santa Paula Cemetery and saw some interesting symbols on the tombstones there. It's amazing how much history can be found in a cemetery.

Last edited:
Upvote 1

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
Hey there! Even though this thread is a bit old, I wanted to chime in and share some of my knowledge on tombstone symbols.
Ok. What are you sharing? Tombstones are a very interesting topic; especially the symbolism involved.

Upvote 0

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is an interesting marker

Upvote 0

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is an interesting marker. They have not been back on tnet since June of 2022

Upvote 0

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
A HEADSTONE for a MASON would not be done so crude.
I don’t understand the Masonic comments. Royal Arch Masons do not have a symbol that resembles Darth Vader’s helmet. They have a keystone as a symbol. The all seeing eye is used by Masons, but it was in use by others and eventually borrowed by Masonry. 8 steps is a new one on me as far as Masonry goes. Maybe it is the first 8 steps of a 12 step program. Masonry, as a craft (stone workers) have existed for thousands of years; Freemasonry has not. It is roughly 305 years old. It is a very interesting marker.

Upvote 1

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread