Does this look like a double strike?

Sandog

Bronze Member
Nov 27, 2017
Treasure coast
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looking through some old photos and came across this one. Double strike?
20190221_143842.jpg

l.cutler

Silver Member
Dec 2, 2006
NEPA
Detector(s) used
Tejon, Cibola, T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A double strike would be a coin that was actually struck twice, I am not seeing any evidence of this. It is a slightly mis-aligned die strike, this caused the odd rim on the left side of the coin.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

Sandog

Bronze Member
Nov 27, 2017
Treasure coast
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A double strike would be a coin that was actually struck twice, I am not seeing any evidence of this. It is a slightly mis-aligned die strike, this caused the odd rim on the left side of the coin.
Thanks. Kinda glad because I have no idea where that coin is now. Would that be considered a mint error? Somewhere I also have a penny that is half blank and a couple completely blank .

King Canslaw

Nov 30, 2017
Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I gree wit ya on dis. I donut think it is werth more money seems lick it happens freequenly.

l.cutler

Silver Member
Dec 2, 2006
NEPA
Detector(s) used
Tejon, Cibola, T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks. Kinda glad because I have no idea where that coin is now. Would that be considered a mint error? Somewhere I also have a penny that is half blank and a couple completely blank .
I wouldn't really consider it a mint error, the dies just weren't lined up perfectly when set up.

galenrog

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2006
Happens frequently. Marginal value. 2x - 5x face value is typical. The more extreme the misalignment, generally the greater value to an interested collector.

Time for more coffee.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread