DOH!

Dwight S

Apr 26, 2010
NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro & White's TDI & Tesoro Compass uMax
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
If you had bought it from Garrett you would have paid Manufacturers Suggested Retail Price... If you do enough web surfing or better yet, call someone like Bart at BigBoys, you'll get a much better deal and have it within a few days. Personally, I'd rather save the money and take a couple of extra days.

OP
OP
scurvy_seadog

scurvy_seadog

Feb 9, 2013
Grays Harbor washington
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Bounty hunter Pioneer 505, Garrett pro pointer, Garrett AT Gold.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
scurvy_seadog

scurvy_seadog

Feb 9, 2013
Grays Harbor washington
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you had bought it from Garrett you would have paid Manufacturers Suggested Retail Price... If you do enough web surfing or better yet, call someone like Bart at BigBoys, you'll get a much better deal and have it within a few days. Personally, I'd rather save the money and take a couple of extra days.
whether I bought it from Bigboys or kellyco or treasure mountain it is all the same price. so no I could have just bought what i did and have been out having fun instead of waiting till next week.

S

stefen

I agree with Dwight S, when he said "Personally, I'd rather save the money and take a couple of extra days"...

So stop beating your head against a wall and call this another in a long line of life experiences or lessons learned...

Its always important to exercise due dilligence when researching the cost and shipping of any product...

Try setting search parameters for the product + free shipping and you should get some hits...

Also try setting search parameters for price comparisions, and you should get a list from lowest to highest...

I have an AT Pro and you'll find that the wait is well worth it...

PS...You can always contact a vendor and make an offer such as; "I'll buy your product if you'll jump for the shipping cost"...
You'll find that in a slow market, vendors may accept an offer because a 'No Sale" isn't bringing in a profit...
It's worth a try...

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
whether I bought it from Bigboys or kellyco or treasure mountain it is all the same price. so no I could have just bought what i did and have been out having fun instead of waiting till next week.
You can get a new AT PRO for $490 with free shipping.

chuncho

Feb 10, 2013
Wisconsin
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WHERE FOR $490????????????????????????????? I'll pay shipping for that price!!! WHAT is Tnet?

Last edited:

GarretDiggingAz

Dec 5, 2012
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATG and thinking about another nugget hunter
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Choppadude. Yeah Garrett doesn't sale directly. You probably went to the site, but when you go to buy they send you to a authorized dealer. That's at least what I found out. Then I shopped for best price. Didn't go to Bart. Though after talking to Bart. He can really help swing a good deal when putting in packages.

Doesn't the ATPro only come with the 5x8 DD. unless in package for 8.5x11 as well. Bart had a spring package that had 2 coils, I think I read it somewhere sometime back.

choppadude

Dec 23, 2012
Twin Tiers NY
Detector(s) used
XP Deus X2, CTX 3030, E Trac, T2, AT Pro, AKA Sorex, Makro Kruzer, Minelab GP3500, Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Choppadude. Yeah Garrett doesn't sale directly. You probably went to the site, but when you go to buy they send you to a authorized dealer. That's at least what I found out. Then I shopped for best price. Didn't go to Bart. Though after talking to Bart. He can really help swing a good deal when putting in packages.

Doesn't the ATPro only come with the 5x8 DD. unless in package for 8.5x11 as well. Bart had a spring package that had 2 coils, I think I read it somewhere sometime back.

Nope call Garrett directly (Have talked to them many times) Mila took my order and credit card info and informed me that they had a new batch of AT Pros coming off the assembly line in a couple days and mine would ship. Got a confirmation from Mila a couple days later that she confirmed shipment of my order. Got my invoice sitting right here in front of me.

The kicker is I did the 40% trade up for my non repairable Garrett detector. not a bad dealing considering that between what I had into my old unit and my cash out of pocket I have a total of $500invested in my AT Pro including shipping.

GarretDiggingAz

Dec 5, 2012
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
So you had to call directly and not do online. Good to know. I know when I looked at site. It showed tab to where to buy. Here's the page below. So what was your cost with the 40% upgrade trade in? I didn't know they had that. Being so new to Garrett detectors/hobby.

Attachments

• image-2658339785.jpg
    image-2658339785.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 111

GarretDiggingAz

Dec 5, 2012
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I noticed just now about "click here" to contact corporate offices. Way to go. I wonder if I could've gotten my ATG for less then 700

OP
OP
scurvy_seadog

scurvy_seadog

Feb 9, 2013
Grays Harbor washington
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can get a new AT PRO for $490 with free shipping.
No you can't I was just at the official Garrett sight. reading through stuff. and saw the link become a dealer they have policy that any dealer can not advertise less then 85% of MSRP . So unless you really haggle with a dealer and I mean haggle your going to pay 594.95. That is why companies like Kellyco can offer a 120% price match guarantee. On any advertised price, every dealer is locked in at can't advertise less then 85% of retail. So basically no body buying gets ripped off the price is the price. I like that no worries on those things i know I got a good deal.

choppadude

Dec 23, 2012
Twin Tiers NY
Detector(s) used
XP Deus X2, CTX 3030, E Trac, T2, AT Pro, AKA Sorex, Makro Kruzer, Minelab GP3500, Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So you had to call directly and not do online. Good to know. I know when I looked at site. It showed tab to where to buy. Here's the page below. So what was your cost with the 40% upgrade trade in? I didn't know they had that. Being so new to Garrett detectors/hobby.

My cost was $419.40 after my trade in.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread