Don't Get Locked on One Mode

rayoh

Jan 13, 2017
northeast Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac-Notka Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been a long time Anfibio Multi user and have never strayed from my favorite mode(3tone). I have not used the Multi too much lately as my main detector is an Etrac. The Etrac recently broke down so I started using the Anfibio. The last two hunts, I decided to use 4 tone mode even though I never liked the sparkiness and somewhat mushy tones in this mode.

I decided I was going to use 4 tone and force myself to adapt to it. I found I liked it more by using a slower sweep speed and keeping the gain between 70 and 75. Still sparky, but plenty deep. In fact, much deeper than 3 tone 90+ sensitivity. After an hour or so, I started liking what I was hearing and actually started finding 8-9 inch coins. A couple of wheats from that depth with near perfect numbers. At the end of my last hunt, I got a erratic high tone with mostly low 90's numbers. Nothing great, but it was a mid 60's quarter with a nickel with it. 11-12 inches deep.

There is definitely a place for 3 tone, but don't be like me and not try the other modes with this fine detector.

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
The Legend, Anfibio Equinox 900, Gold Kruzer, XP Deus, ORX, Tesoro Tejon, Whites GMT, Falcon MD20, XP MI-6, Fisher F-Pulse, Pulse Dive, Vibra Probe, UniProbe.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have been a long time Anfibio Multi user and have never strayed from my favorite mode(3tone). I have not used the Multi too much lately as my main detector is an Etrac. The Etrac recently broke down so I started using the Anfibio. The last two hunts, I decided to use 4 tone mode even though I never liked the sparkiness and somewhat mushy tones in this mode.

I decided I was going to use 4 tone and force myself to adapt to it. I found I liked it more by using a slower sweep speed and keeping the gain between 70 and 75. Still sparky, but plenty deep. In fact, much deeper than 3 tone 90+ sensitivity. After an hour or so, I started liking what I was hearing and actually started finding 8-9 inch coins. A couple of wheats from that depth with near perfect numbers. At the end of my last hunt, I got a erratic high tone with mostly low 90's numbers. Nothing great, but it was a mid 60's quarter with a nickel with it. 11-12 inches deep.

There is definitely a place for 3 tone, but don't be like me and not try the other modes with this fine detector.
I get enough of the 3 tone setting with the Gold Kruzer, so when I got the Anfibio I really made an effort to learn 5 tone. I tried 99 but at the time I didn't have a foundation with 4 or 5 tone so 99 was just gibberish to me. In my city, 5 tone helps me to really pick through the trash contaminated ground. My goal for this Summer is to detect every parking meter installed on grass and dirt with each of my detectors. Today was the Anfibio Multi's turn to detect the areas I just went over with my Legend with the 6" coil yesterday. I had the AM in 5 tone, 70 gain, 7 iSAT, 20khz. I actually had to freq shift at 20khz because there was some crazy EMI, but that feature came in handy and I found a clean channel. I used the 7" concentric, and I found as many coins as I did with the Legend the day before. A lot of people are treating the Anfibio like it's yesterday's news, but it's still smacking out plenty of targets.

OP
OP
R

rayoh

Jan 13, 2017
northeast Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac-Notka Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I get enough of the 3 tone setting with the Gold Kruzer, so when I got the Anfibio I really made an effort to learn 5 tone. I tried 99 but at the time I didn't have a foundation with 4 or 5 tone so 99 was just gibberish to me. In my city, 5 tone helps me to really pick through the trash contaminated ground. My goal for this Summer is to detect every parking meter installed on grass and dirt with each of my detectors. Today was the Anfibio Multi's turn to detect the areas I just went over with my Legend with the 6" coil yesterday. I had the AM in 5 tone, 70 gain, 7 iSAT, 20khz. I actually had to freq shift at 20khz because there was some crazy EMI, but that feature came in handy and I found a clean channel. I used the 7" concentric, and I found as many coins as I did with the Legend the day before. A lot of people are treating the Anfibio like it's yesterday's news, but it's still smacking out plenty of targets.
I also have the 7 inch concentric coil and it is one of the best small coils I have ever used. I have never used 20khz. It is easy to use what works, but if a person never tries other adjustments, they just might be missing something good.

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
The Legend, Anfibio Equinox 900, Gold Kruzer, XP Deus, ORX, Tesoro Tejon, Whites GMT, Falcon MD20, XP MI-6, Fisher F-Pulse, Pulse Dive, Vibra Probe, UniProbe.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The higher freq really makes coins and jewelry really stand out. I agree with you about the 7" concentric. It reminds me of the Tesoro 5.75" concentric that I used to have, that was a great coil.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread