Dont get mad......Get clad!!

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Don't get mad......Get clad!!

I hope everyone is having a great Memorial weekend so far! I have to work today and tomorrow (I'm not complaining), so my weekend hunt is over.

I started on Friday at two of my local schools. The "other guy" must not have gotten out early in the week because I found over $2.00 at each school. The way our schools are pounded here, you are doing good to find $1.00! That's how I judge if I'm having a good hunt.
Well anyway, I started out on Saturday morning and headed to the next town where I have some favorite spots that give up decent clad. With the weather threatening rain all day, I expected that some of the parks would be vacant as well, and I should have a really good day! Well, those folks are hard core and will even play in the rain! I darted off to my favorite schools only to find that they had already been hunted! I guess those fellas over there were getting a jump start so that they could enjoy the rest of the weekend. I did alot of driving around trying to find some place that had not been hunted yet. I had to find those "non favorite" schools where the conditions are not very favorable for finding goodies! You never know though, and I guess I should probably check more often then I do because some of those schools have been "fluffed" up. You know, new wood chips or sand added. I did manage to score over $2.00 at the last school I hunted.

Nothing else exciting found this weekend, but I had a $10.00 weekend which is really good in my book! Hope ya'll find lots of goodies this weekend and thanks for reading my little post! :tongue3:

Happy Hunting,
Moon

Upvote 0
P

Pentico

Re: Don't get mad......Get clad!!

All that clad adds up!
Gas money for sure.

Denver

OP
OP
Moonshadow

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250

Oops! Forgot to add the pic..... :tard:

Attachments

• Memorial weekend finds.jpg
    Memorial weekend finds.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 534

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

You did good, Moon :thumbsup: Seems all the schools here are behind fences, and locked up. I know I can get permission from 2 of the school's principals cause I'm a relative of one and personal friend of the other.

:wink: RR

OP
OP
Moonshadow

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250

River Rat said:
You did good, Moon :thumbsup: Seems all the schools here are behind fences, and locked up. I know I can get permission from 2 of the school's principals cause I'm a relative of one and personal friend of the other.

:wink: RR

Yeah RR, Isn't it a shame that we have to get permission to hunt on "public" schools grounds? I totally understand about some of the schools though....I've been finding "love making" evidence on some playgrounds! Totally grosses me out! :-[ I'm glad I still have quite a few that I can go to, but I think I may need to head north now to find some new ground.

Thanks for your responses guys and gal....... :wink:

HH,
Moon

RPG

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Silver Umax, Compadre, Vaquero

Nice hunt Moon. I picked up a little clad today too. Has been raining off and on all day, but sqeezed a couple of hunts in.
I did manage a couple of wheats. :)
Randy

rjw4law

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2007
Missouri
Detector(s) used
AT Garrett Max/ Garrett ATX/ Deus XP
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Things to do with clad...save it for a new detector, save it for valuable coins, etc...thats what I do.

RPG

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Silver Umax, Compadre, Vaquero

rjw4law said:
Things to do with clad...save it for a new detector, save it for valuable coins, etc...thats what I do.

Yep...Clad adds up. I just paid for a new coil and still have a couple of hundred left. :thumbsup:

tseekerMike

Apr 20, 2009
St.Petersburg, Florida
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Minelab Sovereign GT, Fisher CZ21-8" coil
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Hey, that's pretty good. As long as it's spendable. Way to go!

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Moon...$10 isn't anything to sneeze at....takes me quite a few hunts usually to come up with that amount. I make the trip to Aiken about once or twice a week and notice that there is a small "playground" in Wagner. Have you ever checked over in that area by chance? Also, on Hwy 4, the old "artesian" well area...I know folks that used to go to that place a long time ago. Tempted to bring my detector with me on one of those trips. HH and GL

OP
OP
Moonshadow

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250

SC_hunter said:
Moon...$10 isn't anything to sneeze at....takes me quite a few hunts usually to come up with that amount. I make the trip to Aiken about once or twice a week and notice that there is a small "playground" in Wagner. Have you ever checked over in that area by chance? Also, on Hwy 4, the old "artesian" well area...I know folks that used to go to that place a long time ago. Tempted to bring my detector with me on one of those trips. HH and GL

Hey SC....Yep, been to Wagner several times....I go up that way when things get dry here. Never alot to find there though.

rjw4law said:

I pay bills with my clad RJW.....and I have completed the Commemorative 50 State quarter series in the past year. I found all of them with the detector! That was alot of fun!

Thanks again for the replies folks! ;D

STH69

Bronze Member
Feb 17, 2009
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter, ACE 250 with 9X12 coil

NIce digs

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

:icon_pirat: That's a bunch a diggin', Moonie! I haven't been out hunting since last week. But am sure happy to see you got out and found all those keepers! :thumbsup:

Nana :)

OP
OP
Moonshadow

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250

Nana40 said:
:icon_pirat: That's a bunch a diggin', Moonie! I haven't been out hunting since last week. But am sure happy to see you got out and found all those keepers! :thumbsup:

Nana :)

Thanks Bandernana! I wanna see you posting too! I need a gold fix :tongue3:

HH,
Moon

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread