Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I made the two hour drive to a battle area to hit some hunted out woods.
My buddy said let's do some door knocking and try to find somewhere that's not hunted out.
First lady we asked said she had too many pets buried in the yard ,second guy said we could but there's already been a ton of people there digging In the past.
Hunted for an hour with no results. I saw a guy across the street working in his yard and asked permission to just hunt the curve and not his nice manicured yard. Had a long talk with him. Several years earlier he let some one hunt his property and they left dig holes everywhere but we could hunt a small area behind his fence in the back yard.
I thanked him and my hunting partner and I started hunting the small area . I dug one civil war bullet and gave it to the property owner. He then said you all can hunt my back property down by the water.
I did not know he owned the 15 acres behind him. Most is swamp but there was some high ground where there was one bullet after another. Almost all were pinpointer deep.
The land owner only wanted 4 bullets total so the other 60 or so were ours. I dug 34 myself and my friend did about the same .
20220326_183953.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 40
OP
OP
birdman

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great results on the lead.
The round brass item with the 2 holes, looks familiar, black powder top?
Shell fuse, not sure what kind.

Florida Finder

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2020
Southern States of America
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
My buddy said let's do some door knocking and try to find somewhere that's not hunted out.
First lady we asked said she had too many pets buried in the yard ,second guy said we could but there's already been a ton of people there digging In the past.
Hunted for an hour with no results. I saw a guy across the street working in his yard and asked permission to just hunt the curve and not his nice manicured yard. Had a long talk with him. Several years earlier he let some one hunt his property and they left dig holes everywhere but we could hunt a small area behind his fence in the back yard.
I thanked him and my hunting partner and I started hunting the small area . I dug one civil war bullet and gave it to the property owner. He then said you all can hunt my back property down by the water.
I did not know he owned the 15 acres behind him. Most is swamp but there was some high ground where there was one bullet after another. Almost all were pinpointer deep.
The land owner only wanted 4 bullets total so the other 60 or so were ours. I dug 34 myself and my friend did about the same . View attachment 2017694
LTB that’s quite a hunt! Glad y’all got permission so get back out there and find some more. Gotta be a button or two out there. Congratulations!

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The land owner only wanted 4 bullets total so the other 60 or so were ours. I dug 34 myself and my friend did about the same . View attachment 2017694
Sweet!!!! Congrats!!!!! Good Hunt!!!!

OP
OP
birdman

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LTB that’s quite a hunt! Glad y’all got permission so get back out there and find some more. Gotta be a button or two out there. Congratulations!
Yea , I really need to get a full day out there. There has to be a shell in there also.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I don't mean to steal your post away, but need to know if this is the same thing, or am I just daft?
I knew it looked familiar, so I went digging in the trays of future to be

20220327_212259.jpg

OP
OP
birdman

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
birdman

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:

Hunk-a-lead

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2020
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Predator Phoenix Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
holy haul! that's a lotta lead. wtg on on the saves and the permission

tnt-hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Minelab Equinix 800, ,Garret AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You folks had a great day and found a lot of goodies. But I think maybe you got the title wrong. It was your good detecting behavior and courtesy to the land owner that really paid off. If everyone did what you did we would all be better off. Congratulation, stay safe, keep swingin and go back and hit the area hard. There is sure to be more goodies waiting. I hope you find lots more. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
birdman

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You folks had a great day and found a lot of goodies. But I think maybe you got the title wrong. It was your good detecting behavior and courtesy to the land owner that really paid off. If everyone did what you did we would all be better off. Congratulation, stay safe, keep swingin and go back and hit the area hard. There is sure to be more goodies waiting. I hope you find lots more. :thumbsup:
Thank you very much . These days it is humbling to have a place to hunt.
Thank you very much. There are a few people that give us all a bad name .

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread