Double blip sound = hook, bobbypin or wire - not this time.

Smoogle

Jul 24, 2011
North Coast NSW.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Stavr Krepish II Scoop, Plugger Balanced Shaft.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Third month in with SS and I was taken with web / forum talk of understanding PI responses - and particularly that you can pick a hook with a double blip / ignore and help lessen dig time by ignoring these signals... I kept digging everything to learn as good advice recommends - thanks all........... anyway I've dug a miriad of double blip sounds or wah wah's as I like to think and call them - and yes they have all been wire, hooks or bobby pins etc. So I'm out today about mid hunt and I'm getting heaps of the same ... I dig the next one with a double sound and totally cracking it was an 18ct band dated 1961 (marriage date) ... MY POINT IS ...it made a very similar sound to a scratchy double blip and / or - at best two loud blats just like so many trashies before it

+

2 weeks ago I'm out with the uMax on a sanded in beach, killing an hour waiting for the wife and only looking for recents, I get a signal, it is crackle and pop at Iron discrim - but because I'm beach primed I dig it anyway ... yep a bottle top, BUT - with the second swipe over the hole the phones scream and it happens three times over 2 x $2 and a 5c in the same spot - under the original crappy ignored sound...

so I agree....

at the beach dig it all ;D stoked.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congratulations on your golden ticket! Now you know first hand why I giggle at people who think they can tell what is under the sand with a PI machine! Dig it all! :headbang: :hello2:

Smudge

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2010
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
A Propointer tied to a stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have been saying all along, did those double beeps.

Never assume anything with the Sand Shark.

Thank you for confirming that. :icon_thumleft:

cdv1

Jun 29, 2011
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Yep, I agree with the dig it all but this past weekend it was frustrating, I seriously got over 50 bobbie pins in one night... One double blip sounded different though, I can't describe it other than when I pulled out my scoop I had a chain hanging over the edge.... it was a cheap bracelet but I didn't think that was making the noise so I swing over the hole and still have a double blip.... another scoop and there is the bobbie pin. Just to be sure, I swing again and low and behold, there is a cheap junk heart that was on the bracelet....

Sorry, the story didn't end with gold but you just never know, don't get frustrated just get diggin!

Cliff

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread