Double Denomination....AKA 11 Cents.

Retired Sarge

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2009
Panama City Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
An acquaintance on another forum (Non-treasure related) has recently posted about his "11 Cent" coin. What would something like this be worth? Found one site that said $75.00 $750.00 (Corrected my dollar amount to $750.00 left out a 0) un-circulated and another site suggested $25.00 or higher.

Here's his story behind his find.

"I thought I would share a double denomination coin I found back in 1994. This was in the end of a roll of new pennies that came in a change order at work. I was checking in the change order to verify it was correct when I noticed what looked like a 1943 steel penny. I pulled it out of the roll and was amazed at what I found. This is a 1994 dime planchet that was first stamped as dime and must have mixed with the penny planchets and re-stamped as a penny."

download.jpeg-6.jpg
download.jpeg-7.jpg

Last edited:

Sandog

Bronze Member
Nov 27, 2017
Treasure coast
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
An acquaintance on another forum (Non-treasure related) has recently posted about his "11 Cent" coin. What would something like this be worth? Found one site that said $75.00 un-circulated and another site suggested $25.00 or higher.

Here's his story behind his find.

"I thought I would share a double denomination coin I found back in 1994. This was in the end of a roll of new pennies that came in a change order at work. I was checking in the change order to verify it was correct when I noticed what looked like a 1943 steel penny. I pulled it out of the roll and was amazed at what I found. This is a 1994 dime planchet that was first stamped as dime and must have mixed with the penny planchets and re-stamped as a penny."

View attachment 2041071 View attachment 2041072
Neat coin. Guess I obviously don't know coins, because I'd think that kind of error to be both rare and valuable.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd have it certified by PCGS if it were me. That way, you'll know for sure if it's genuine. It might be worth a whole lot more! Looks good to me from your photos.

OP
OP
Retired Sarge

Retired Sarge

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2009
Panama City Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
I'd have it certified by PCGS if it were me. That way, you'll know for sure if it's genuine. It might be worth a whole lot more! Looks good to me from your photos.

I left out a 0, the $75.00 should have read $750.00, corrected my original post. This is according to the table I found, don't know how out of date it is.

priceguidedoubledenom.gif

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
common enough to have been noticed before, interesting.

PetesPockets55

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2013
Indian River Co., Fl
Detector(s) used
AT MAX & Carrot, Nokta Pulse Dice (:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent find by your friend. Looks legit but the best way to maximize the value is to have it slabbed. Then there's no question about being authentic (and not a counterfeit).

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread