Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello All,

We got out for Thanksdigging, which is a holiday that started with the Native Americans bringing their Tesoros and the settlers bringing their Minelabs to join up and give thanks for all the relics underground! And give thanks we did! We were joined by a friend named TruckNuts who found some goodies, and we also just killed it on the relics, coins, and silver. Here's the video:

Here are some highlights:

IMG_8668.jpeg

A Philippines occupation coin that was once a part of a coin necklace. We've dug numerous ones of these from this same field, including two that were linked together. Here's a similar one which will show how it could've looked. The below example has an engraved name on it and may have been brought back as a souvenir from WWII.

Phil.jpg

A great 1866 w/rays Shield Nickel from the Thanksdigging pre-hunt, along with a late 1800s Railroad switch key from the Philadelphia & Reading Railroad!
IMG_8598.jpeg

IMG_8623.jpeg

For Thanksdigging Day I was on the board first with a silver pin that was once Cloisonné. I'll post the hallmarks in What Is It for some assistance on the date range. :) At any rate, the pin was washed out, lying on top of a sugarcane row:

IMG_8630.jpeg

IMG_8633.jpeg

but the coolest part of the day was that TruckNuts dug a complete double barrel shotgun—and then I eyeballed a SECOND one that afternoon! His:

DFF9DF16-BDD8-40A0-AAC8-B16647AA7AE6.jpeg

A805D1DD-59E0-4A59-93A2-6CC19CFD3E93.jpeg

Mine:

4E1AC89B-2C05-4C0D-900A-C634BE1BB731.jpeg

I also dug a (common) Dr Tichenor’s antiseptic bottle from New Orleans, and my wife dug a knife from Touro Infirmary from New Orleans, probably 1920-40s era. There are many more finds on the videos, but one of the perplexing ones is this gold gilded brass item that’s the size of a postage stamp. No idea what these things were.

78BE4813-221E-422D-B50A-08F575E14A6F.jpeg

08E916A1-A791-47BF-BCCB-379020946740.jpeg

This is the 4th one of these I’ve dug. All of them are thin gilded brass with some paste stones on the front. All we’re braised onto something at one time, and the backs are ungilded. If you have any idea what these are then please reply below!

Last edited:
Upvote 16

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello All,

We got out for Thanksdigging, which is a holiday that started with the Native Americans bringing their Tesoros and the settlers bringing their Minelabs to join up and give thanks for all the relics underground! And give thanks we did! We were joined by a friend named TruckNuts who found some goodies, and we also just killed it on the relics, coins, and silver. Here's the video:

Here are some highlights:

View attachment 1995739

A Philippines occupation coin that was once a part of a coin necklace. We've dug numerous ones of these from this same field, including two that were linked together. Here's a similar one which will show how it could've looked. The below example has an engraved name on it and may have been brought back as a souvenir from WWII.

View attachment 1995743

A great 1866 w/rays Shield Nickel from the Thanksdigging pre-hunt, along with a late 1800s Railroad switch key from the Philadelphia & Reading Railroad!
View attachment 1995748

View attachment 1995749
For Thanksdigging Day I was on the board first with a silver pin that was once Cloisonné. I'll post the hallmarks in What Is It for some assistance on the date range. :) At any rate, the pin was washed out, lying on top of a sugarcane row:

View attachment 1995750

View attachment 1995751
but the coolest part of the day was that TruckNuts dug a complete double barrel shotgun—and then I eyeballed a SECOND one that afternoon! His:

View attachment 1995752
View attachment 1995753

Mine:

View attachment 1995755

I also dug a (common) Dr Tichenor’s antiseptic bottle from New Orleans, and my wife dug a knife from Touro Infirmary from New Orleans, probably 1920-40s era. There are many more finds on the videos, but one of the perplexing ones is this gold gilded brass item that’s the size of a postage stamp. No idea what these things were.

View attachment 1995756
View attachment 1995757

This is the 4th one of these I’ve dug. All of them are thin gilded brass with some paste stones on the front. All we’re braised onto something at one time, and the backs are ungilded. If you have any idea what these are then please reply below!

Very Nice!!! Congrats!!!

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Killer finds and saves all around. Y'all Did Good! Continued Success.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great assortment of relics once again.
2 shotguns are better than one. :headbang:
Those little postage stamp gold washed/plated finds look somewhat familiar.
Single attachment to the back-Hat pin end?

OP
OP
BuckleBoy

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are truly blessed to have a place like that to hunt. Your finds are always amazing.
80,000 acres of permissions, grows every year. It’s a great playground across 6 parishes :) TY my friend, we’ve been lucky!

OP
OP
BuckleBoy

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool finds. How the heck do you lose 2 shotguns, lol.
Two different sites. I’m sure nearly every household had one 75-100 years ago. Probably accounts for why so many turn up. I’d like to find a complete barrel but the plowing here makes that highly unlikely.

OP
OP
BuckleBoy

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great assortment of relics once again.
2 shotguns are better than one. :headbang:
Those little postage stamp gold washed/plated finds look somewhat familiar.
Single attachment to the back-Hat pin end?
I’m gonna post these in the what is it later on. The backs have a central braising mark.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread