Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is another flint I found in the same general area. At first seemed rather large for a gun flint and fits rather nicely in your hand. This is more like I'd expected one to look, of a period flint and steel set for sparking to start a fire.

But studying the edges more, realized the sharpness of the edge might possibly, make it work like a block plane on wood. Haven't tried doing that yet, for now I'm going to call it a scraper. Indians probably would have used the flint as both perhaps.

Attachments

• woodscraper5.JPG
    woodscraper5.JPG
    356.3 KB · Views: 118
  • woodscraper4.JPG
    woodscraper4.JPG
    369.4 KB · Views: 89
  • woodscraper3.JPG
    woodscraper3.JPG
    244 KB · Views: 88
  • woodscraper2.JPG
    woodscraper2.JPG
    366.2 KB · Views: 99
  • woodscraper1.JPG
    woodscraper1.JPG
    227.2 KB · Views: 100

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this interesting, little bird beak flint scraper.

Attachments

• birdscraper2.JPG
    birdscraper2.JPG
    187.6 KB · Views: 84
  • birdscraper1.JPG
    birdscraper1.JPG
    309.6 KB · Views: 106
  • birdscraper7.JPG
    birdscraper7.JPG
    251.2 KB · Views: 87
  • birdscraper8.JPG
    birdscraper8.JPG
    214.7 KB · Views: 104
  • birdscraper11.JPG
    birdscraper11.JPG
    242.7 KB · Views: 88

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bird head viewed from one side, the reverse is like a bird skull, the beak uneven when closed. The cutting edge of the beak is of the bird face side. Looking under the tip of beak, rounded depression makes it like a chisel, probably to notch out for bowstring at bow ends. Hard to imagine that primitive people could do such detailed work on small flint objects. Note the apparent flying bird carving as part of the chisel part of beak end.

Attachments

• birdscraper14.JPG
    birdscraper14.JPG
    154.7 KB · Views: 94
  • birdscraper13.JPG
    birdscraper13.JPG
    390.9 KB · Views: 92
  • birdscraper12.JPG
    birdscraper12.JPG
    264.7 KB · Views: 93
  • birdscraper10.JPG
    birdscraper10.JPG
    146.9 KB · Views: 88
  • birdscraper9.JPG
    birdscraper9.JPG
    713.2 KB · Views: 107

DaveSmith

May 26, 2020
western nc.....foothills
Detector(s) used
none
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I worked installing underground utilities for 15 years. Most was in medium cities and small towns in SC. We always had to find water lines, sewer etc. so we didn't break them. A good friend of mine on our crew could dowse out lines that we couldn't locate any other way. I tried it and couldn't do it. Over the years I had others that could do it also. When I married my wife, her dad gave us 6 acres of land. Her uncle was a dowser. He took a peach branch, I watched him cut it, held it at about a 45 degree angle upward and went around the property. When he got to a spot that would be suitable for a well, the branch would bend downward. His hands never moved or twisted or anything. The spot we chose from his several hits produced water at 60 feet. People used to hand dig wells. They had to have some way to "know" where to dig. I've seen enough real proof examples to say it does work, but I believe it is also who is holding the rod!

metrotec

Jan 5, 2020
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites, Radio Shack, Metrotec, peach tree fork
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When TVA was in the process of flooding bottom lands because of their dams being built, there were lot of (old grave yards) that were going to be under water. Some were pre civil war, pioneer, slave, American Indian and private grave sites. These graves were to be moved to (higher) ground above the water level after flooding.
A man from E Tn, was hired to "witch" the ground and find buried bodies. These were the ones which did not have head stones but were maybe indentions in the ground, or nothing showing at all.
This person could tell where the body was or had been, (black dirt was only indicator), sex of the person and which way it was pointed, of course East is the usual direction.
He later taught several classes on how to do tjhis, and was tried several times. One in particular was at a pre-civil war church in GA where he was asked to witch a grave and tell if it was male or female. He did and said it was BOTH. The grave and church records indicated a woman died giving birth to a baby boy which also died, they were buried together.
SO all you nay-sayers, be careful. I was in 4 news papers in E TN and 3 TV stations trying to get The Amazing Randi's Million $$$. The gentleman over the project said, "he will see you never get the money, he is a trickster." He was right, the final of 3 test was to witch 5 gallon buckets of water on a stage. 1 of the 5 buckets had water and was covered each time the test was done. Water can be witched, but it has to be moving underground, or in pipes. Not everyone can do this.
I have witnessed vice-grips attached to the end of the forks of a dried forked peach limb, and the fork bent so far and hard towards the ground that the tips broke off in the jaws of the vice-grips. Some dowsers can tell how deep the water, even if it is flowing into another stream (waterfall).
My partner and I was also invited to Australia to "witch." IT CAN BE DONE, maps, land, water, pipes etc.

Owassokie

Jun 28, 2012
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So im sure this has been asked before but i tried searching and about a million threads popped up. I apologise if im beating a dead horse.
I am on the fence about dousing.
I have read about it and even tried to do it with a gold bar. When I passed over the gold bar my rods would react and I got excited and blown away.
I then had my wife hide the gold without me knowing where it was and I could not locate it in a room.
I then began to believe that dousing is really in my head. Even though I wasnt meaning to I was causing the rods to react with minute movements subconsciously.
I know that there is no scientific evidence to support dousing but the isnt any to debunk it either.
I want to believe in it but my logical side says its superstition.
The only time I saw dousing in person was from a nutty old woman that never finds anything which does not help the case for dousing in my eyes.
Is there a way to see it for myself and form an educated opinion?

I totally dont understand map dousing.
I have heard you can map douse on google maps and I invite anyone to make me a believer.
I can provide coordinates/address and am honestly hoping someone will blow my mind but I am sceptical.:goldbar:
again no offense intended!

To me, there's an interesting psychology lesson here. Most responses to dousing are dogmatic in the belief for and against dousing. I agree dousing "isn't real" but there ARE people that have success dousing. So how can both statements be true? I believe it's for a couple reasons...those that believe in dowsing really BELIEVE in it. They have inspiration and motivation. Regardless of the particular brand/style of belief, what else are dousers doing? Just like you did in your test, they are taking a couple rods, getting quiet, focusing, and using the information they already have in their head to determine where the treasure will be. The two common perspectives you'll see regarding a treasure found by a douser is "dousing works" or "dumb luck". The truth is it's neither. A douser is committing his time, energy, and the knowledge/clues he already has in his head to identify places to look for gold, silver, water, oil, etc.... If you listen to most of them, they'll even tell you 'you have to really concentrate and focus on WHAT you're looking for in order for it to work'.

metrotec

Jan 5, 2020
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites, Radio Shack, Metrotec, peach tree fork
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dowsing will often skip a generation. Dad can do it, son cannot, grandson can, and so on.
So many can do dowsing, yet so many people say it's impossible. Look and see, watch, learn how. I think there is a verse in the Bible saying it's possible.
Like the elephant in 1875. People would describe it and most would scoff, they refused to believe , they had never saw one. Woops, here comes the circus.

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
L-rod Dowsing does work! Thinking of the target prior to discovery is irrelevant. Use the Element your searching for to signal your target. Random dowsing with thought isn't beneficial. Thought doesn't make all dowsable anomolies go away, just because you're thinking of one. Dowsing ability/power increases as the Sun heads toward Solar maximum, and decreases as it goes into minimum. It's a Non constant pulsing signal. Right now the Sun is a radio flux of 70, start checking Dowsing when it gets higher. Dowser

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I learned to dowse using cut green branches off a dogwood tree as a kid. I now use two bent pieces of a coat hanger. I can dowse water, electrical lines and gas lines. I have never been able to dowse treasure or a map.Not saying it can not be done but have never seen it done succesfully.

I do not argue with skeptics and really think anyone can do it and it is not some inherited trait or voodoo. Here we call it witching and I know for a fact the best well water driller in this tri state area witches every well he digs. Of course one would be crazy to not use a topographical map to start with.

Saw my electrician witch a broke electrical line that had been in the ground 20 years across a ridge it was buried 5 feet deep with a back hoe and ran a couple hundred yards. We could not even tell where it had been buried but he dug it out at the exact spot it was broke. At the time we were just digging some big hole on the side of a hill,Lol then he goes here is the line.

Its not some magical gift. Some are just better than others.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh yeah when I first learned you cut a forked branch out of the tree. Small branches and held one end of the fork in each hand. Sometimes when you would go over the target the stick would rise towards your chest towards your back if you were going past the target. We thought it was really cool and would blind fold each other and try it. It was kids having fun.

LM

Dec 11, 2007
South
Detector(s) used
Charts and Maps.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
To me, there's an interesting psychology lesson here. Most responses to dousing are dogmatic in the belief for and against dousing. I agree dousing "isn't real" but there ARE people that have success dousing. So how can both statements be true? I believe it's for a couple reasons...those that believe in dowsing really BELIEVE in it. They have inspiration and motivation. Regardless of the particular brand/style of belief, what else are dousers doing? Just like you did in your test, they are taking a couple rods, getting quiet, focusing, and using the information they already have in their head to determine where the treasure will be. The two common perspectives you'll see regarding a treasure found by a douser is "dousing works" or "dumb luck". The truth is it's neither. A douser is committing his time, energy, and the knowledge/clues he already has in his head to identify places to look for gold, silver, water, oil, etc.... If you listen to most of them, they'll even tell you 'you have to really concentrate and focus on WHAT you're looking for in order for it to work'.

They cannot prove it works under any conditions that are credible or valid. It has been tested EXTENSIVELY.

... and it never works. What we're left with are anecdotes about people who insist they've seen it work, or people who claim they can do it, as long as we don't test their ability under conditions that might be able to prove it.

If you ask them to cite the mechanism of action that causes it to happen, they quickly reveal that they live in a land of make-believe that science does not accept. As the Dawkins interviews show, they definitely do believe they can do it. Its just that ultimately, they cannot and their successes are attributable to other things (ie, driling a well and hitting water where the dowser says, does not mean that he detected water there using dowsing rods)

Last edited:

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They cannot prove it works under any conditions that are credible or valid. It has been tested EXTENSIVELY.

... and it never works. What we're left with are anecdotes about people who insist they've seen it work, or people who claim they can do it, as long as we don't test their ability under conditions that might be able to prove it.

If you ask them to cite the mechanism of action that causes it to happen, they quickly reveal that they live in a land of make-believe that science does not accept. As the Dawkins interviews show, they definitely do believe they can do it. Its just that ultimately, they cannot and their successes are attributable to other things (ie, driling a well and hitting water where the dowser says, does not mean that he detected water there using dowsing rods)

They are wrong all the time, skeptics are. Dowsing will be proven during Solar cycle 25. I could have proven it in the past, during the last solar cycle 24. But nobody asked. I will prove it this solar cycle 25, when it gets underway. Right now, during solar minimum, power is too weak to show proof. Sorry to burst all your skeptic bubbles. Its science not imagination. Dowser.

Last edited:

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is preliminary proof. Believe it or not! This is a picture of the Elements I use to signal distant targets with. Dowsing with L-rods. Yes, I'm lacking some Rare Earth samples, and can easily acquire them off Amazon. This pic doesn't prove dowsing, but with these specific Elements I can dowse specific distant targets. When Dowsing powers up. Dowser

Attachments

• 20200104_133827.jpg
    20200104_133827.jpg
    831.9 KB · Views: 58

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The last time I had dowsing power was a few days in March of 2019. Right now the 10cm radio flux is 70. When it gets around 80 or higher the better. Here, March 22, 2019. the sun was flaring a lot. Radio flux went to 80. I could dowse for 3 days. Spaceweatherlive archives shows.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200617-075152_SpaceWeatherLive.jpg
    Screenshot_20200617-075152_SpaceWeatherLive.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 55
  • Screenshot_20200617-074856_SpaceWeatherLive.jpg
    Screenshot_20200617-074856_SpaceWeatherLive.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 52
  • Screenshot_20200617-075327_SpaceWeatherLive.jpg
    Screenshot_20200617-075327_SpaceWeatherLive.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 57

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't listen to anyone who says you can't do it. All it means it THEY can't do it.

This doesn't mean you don't need to practice. Even a musical virtuoso needs to practice the musical scales often. Probably one of the biggest issues is to not get psyched out. It's like some people can't chew gum and walk at the same time. People want so much to "peek"--you just have to put your trust in God and let it happen. Of course you have to know what your goal is first, then don't think about it.

Some people carry a witness/sample of the desired target. I've seen all sorts--some have it attached to the rod or pendulum. Some hold it in their opposite hand. Some press it against their forhead third eye area. Some even put it in their mouth--be careful it's not poison like gold with mercury on it. Some just write it down on a piece of paper and hold it or even put the paper in the sample chamber on the rod/pendulum. The idea is to impress your goal into your subconscious.

When practicing, I suggest you do not bury your test target. Freshly buried targets can be hard to detect. It takes an experienced dowser to overcome this. Read "Supersensonic" by Christopher Hills. There's a link somewhere on this forum to a free on-line copy, or do your own search. Just an unbelievable amount of good info on dowsing. Hills discusses magnet-fitted rods that were designed by Louis Turenne--probably one of the most famous dowsers from Europe in the early 1900's.

Last edited:

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's one from 2011 cycle #24. 3435570, 11200326. This mineralized zone was signaled from 8 miles away S. I was using Gold for my signal. Other claims are around the vicinity. I checked and found it was claimmable. It's a very thick bushy spot hidden on the side of the slope. It was the only target in the area. Signaling from the other side of the mountain proved that. It was never discovered because it was hidden in a tough area. The mineralized rocks hadn't made it down to the wash, to indicate something was exposed above. Check it out, it's an actual Dowsed 8 mile target. I dont know how much Gold it takes to signal 8 miles. It's an accumulation of the matrix that's signaling back.

Attachments

• 20200617_102519.jpg
    20200617_102519.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 74
  • Screenshot_20200617-103604_Earth.jpg
    Screenshot_20200617-103604_Earth.jpg
    220.3 KB · Views: 64

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
People get old and their dowsing ability gets weak. Many don't want to believe it and are in denial. "Supersensonics" book has good info on dowsing amplifiers. You can read it, but magnets are a big one. Some of Turenne's early Y-rods had a coil of wire, but he abandoned this in favor of magnets. A simpe device is to attach a witness/sample to couple magnets like a sandwich and mount it to a piece of welding rod and stick it in the ground like a small flag pole. Then circle this transmitter with an L-rod to find the signal line to the target. It works way better than just free dowsing. You don't want strong magnets, Turenne used two compass needles but you can make your own (Hills' book describes how to).

P.S. Some people have referred to "Supersensonics" as "The Diviner's Bible". It is the same book.

Last edited:

elh

Aug 10, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Signal, What is the tallest you have made the device '' like a flag pole ''? Will a taller pole pick up farther or is distance a problem ?
Thanks.
elh

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Probably, but they don't make welding rod that long. Of course all worth nothing if you can't use an L-rod.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread