Dowsing success

gunslinger44

Greenie
Mar 29, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A member on here prompted me to try dowsing for myself a little while ago, he said if looking for gold, have small piece of gold in your non-dominant hand and a magnet to negate the "rings", for an L-rod he said to use 1/8" 316L welding rod, 16-28" long, I went with 21" long, with a 4" handle. he said to just use one rod, not 2.

So I tried it, out in the yard I put a 1 gram bar of pure Swiss gold, walked all over that damn yard, when I got over the piece, the rod swung over and hit my chest. I have to say, beforehand I had as close to zero expectations as possible, and as close to zero doubts as possible, just open minded in the true sense, no words spoken over the rods except that if there was some evil presence acting upon the rod it would be immobilized (I've watched videos of people "asking the rods questions" this I see as too close to messing with spiritism, which I do not want or need in my life trust me.

I tried the same, multiple times, each time taking care to have the rod balanced as close to perfect as I can (the horizontal and vertical angles of the rod matching up with square to the surface of the earth) each time same effect. Later I tried it without the magnet in hand, then without the magnet or sample gold in hand, same result each time.

This absolutely cannot be explained by any science that we know of, and yet there it is, plain as day.

OP
OP
G

gunslinger44

Greenie
Mar 29, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I must also add that when placing the rod into a metal sleeve for better swing, it did not react the same way, and the swining around was too erratic with walking. Sleeve material was cupro-nickel automotive brake line tube, which the 1/8" L-rod shaft handle fit into perfectly. Also, with the L-rod in my bare hand, when over the target I would even try to tilt the handle away to induce swing in the opposite direction, and yet the dowsing response always overpowered it. This absolutely CANNOT be attributed to "subconscious response".

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't try to overthink it. Don't try to think about it at all. I pick a spot out in front of me to look at and just keep my conscious mind quiet and out of the search.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As for the sleeve on the rod, you will need to angle the rod tip down some say as much as two inches in order to keep it more stable when you are walking. That might seem like a lot so you can try less maybe a half inch down. That could take you a while to get it right. There's plenty more to learn but just work at what you have right now. And you don't need the sleeve. I like just to feel the torque the rod makes. Just plan on picking up micron sized gold. For me, about one area in five will produce some visible gold. Likely gold-plated. Dell Winders said one in ten.

Also you can set the magnet and sample on a stump or something no more than waist high and circle it with the rod at least ten feet out. When you get a response put a mark on the ground. Follow the line between the magnet/sample and the mark out to the target. Or move the magnet/sample over a ways and take another shot. Where the two lines intersect is your target area.

Last edited:

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not a good idea to start formulating your theories just yet. Then you start using your mind during the search and your conscious mind will overpower the subtle energies. That's why I pick a spot out in front of me a ways to occupy my mind and keep it out of the search. This is Zen-like. You get that down and you are on your way. Recall Adam and Eve started thinking too much and got kicked out of the Garden of Eden. That's just symbolic language for a person thinking they know too much.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not a good idea to start formulating your theories just yet. Then you start using your mind during the search and your conscious mind will overpower the subtle energies. That's why I pick a spot out in front of me a ways to occupy my mind and keep it out of the search. This is Zen-like. You get that down and you are on your way. Recall Adam and Eve started thinking too much and got kicked out of the Garden of Eden. That's just symbolic language for a person thinking they know too much.
Take your time, relax, and try not to focus on things. As said above direct your focus our in front of yourself. Sounds like you're well on your way to being successful! Keep practicing then things will become second nature. Most of all don't get discouraged.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread