Dragged Anfibio Multi Out of Mothballs

rayoh

Jan 13, 2017
northeast Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac-Notka Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Decided to hunt a park that I don't have to drive 20 miles to hunt and took the Multi on both hunts. I have almost exclusively used my Multi in 5khz, three tone with the gain either 90 in open areas or 89 in trash. First thing I will say, in three tone 90 or above, the Multi is one of, if not the deepest detector I have ever used. Day one I spent around an old tennis court where the high fence surrounding it was removed several years ago. I purposely hunted where the fence was and used the gain at 89 because of the abundant trash. I popped out 30 coins, nothing old. Most from the early 70's. This detector is a speed demon under gain 90 in three tone.

As I widened my search area out four or five feet, I turned the gain back to 90-91. I found 4 wheat pennies from the 20's and all were 8-9 inches deep with distinct signals. For the record, I was hunting in 5khz. I like this frequency, but it will drain the battery in 6 hours or so.

Today, I moved to the old playground. There has been a play ground here since the 1920's. Today, I used 14khz which I almost never use. I was trying to see if the battery would last longer. I hunted 4 hours and used only 1 bar which is twice as good as using 5khz. I alternated between 89 and 90 depending on the trash. I found two old wheats two inches deep around an old tree while in the speed mode(under 90). A couple of weeks back I found a 1919 merc around this tree in 5khz, gain 89 and it was less than two inches deep, but surrounded by trash.

When I got outside of the actual playground equipment, I switched to gain 90 and almost immediately found a 10 inch deep wheat penny. Not the greatest signal, but deep. Funny thing, there was a wad of aluminum foil in the hole at about 6 inches. I started gridding and within 5 minutes got a signal that flashed 74-77 but was not consistant. I figured it would be a deep, old beaver tail, but from an honest 10 inches I saw a coin on my drop cloth. I first thought it was a wheat, but it was too green. As I rubbed it, I saw an Indian's face. It was an Indian and a nice one. 1892, the second oldest coin I have found at this park. The oldest was a 1870 seated dime.

The Equinox is easier to use and not as "high strung" as the Anfibio, but for some reason, I feel like I can squeak a couple of more inches of depth out of the Anfibio. But, I seem to dig more junk at extreme depths with the Anfibio. At any rate, both are excellent detectors.

Dr. Witty

Jan 8, 2015
Upstate NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Makro Racer 2 and Makro Kruzer
Garrett Carrot pro-pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My Mutli Kruzer was super high strung until I put on the AF28 coil, how its just Anfibio grade high strung. I've heard that 5khz in deep mode is the way to go. I'll have to give it a try.

OP
OP
R

rayoh

Jan 13, 2017
northeast Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac-Notka Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Mutli Kruzer was super high strung until I put on the AF28 coil, how its just Anfibio grade high strung. I've heard that 5khz in deep mode is the way to go. I'll have to give it a try.
I would try 5khz . I never had a Kruzer, but try some experimenting with different modes while using 5khz. Several times I have dug extremely deep nickels in 5khz that read way up the ID scale. Both were old buffalo nickels and both were 9+ inches deep. They were bouncing between nickel numbers and way up into the low 70's. I have had several single frequency detectors exhibit this strange phenomenon at this particular park. For the record this park has mineralized soil. I have been using 14khz as of late and cannot get my Anfibio to duplicate my previous happenings. With both the Impact and Anfibio, I have had to swing real slow in these deep modes. Let us know how you make out.

Minas man

Apr 5, 2014
Atlantic Canada
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Anfibio wireless headphones
Nokta Makro Pulse Dive & Pulse Dive 8 inch
Fisher Gold Bug Pro DP
NEL Hunter & 5 inch fish
Killer B's headphones
Tesoro Vaquero 5x10 DD wide scan Realistic No
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would try 5khz . I never had a Kruzer, but try some experimenting with different modes while using 5khz. Several times I have dug extremely deep nickels in 5khz that read way up the ID scale. Both were old buffalo nickels and both were 9+ inches deep. They were bouncing between nickel numbers and way up into the low 70's. I have had several single frequency detectors exhibit this strange phenomenon at this particular park. For the record this park has mineralized soil. I have been using 14khz as of late and cannot get my Anfibio to duplicate my previous happenings. With both the Impact and Anfibio, I have had to swing real slow in these deep modes. Let us know how you make out.
I have 2 years with the Anfibio Multi and have never used the 5Khz so I will give it a try once the ground thaws in March or April. Never knew about the battery life being affected by frequency choice. Thanks for the post as it is educational.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread