johnnycat

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2007
Mechanicsville, VA
Detector(s) used
Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First of all, I didn't find the button. That honor goes to a nephew in Bishop, CA. Several months ago I talked him into metal detecting as he had recently retired from the police department in the San Diego, CA. area. He went into it headfirst and purchased an Equinox 800 and has never looked back. He is quietly filling his finds box with some nice booty. well, his best to date came a couple of days ago when he pulled out a Dragoon "D" button. I would expect a find like that, say, East of the Mississippi but, in California in the High Sierra Mtns.? He is stoked and so am I.

Dan(NM)

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2014
Central Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Modified Explorer 2
Raptor c-31 digger
31" Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First of all, I didn't find the button. That honor goes to a nephew in Bishop, CA. Several months ago I talked him into metal detecting as he had recently retired from the police department in the San Diego, CA. area. He went into it headfirst and purchased an Equinox 800 and has never looked back. He is quietly filling his finds box with some nice booty. well, his best to date came a couple of days ago when he pulled out a Dragoon "D" button. I would expect a find like that, say, East of the Mississippi but, in California in the High Sierra Mtns.? He is stoked and so am I.
Great find.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

johnnycat

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2007
Mechanicsville, VA
Detector(s) used
Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Picture of button

Attachments

• IMG_1156.jpeg
    IMG_1156.jpeg
    1,017.5 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_1158 (1).jpeg
    IMG_1158 (1).jpeg
    1,004.8 KB · Views: 63

Dan(NM)

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2014
Central Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Modified Explorer 2
Raptor c-31 digger
31" Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tell your nephew congrats, that's a great find especially considering it was found in Ca.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread