Primary Interest:
Other
Upvote 0

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry 'Em, I have to disagree. Standards should never be lowered. I got an official dream box a few months ago, my first. It had 133 or so silver in it, off the top of my head. the only box that's been ever even close. Put it this way, my best box besides that one was in the twenties. It's all about just keeping at it and it will eventually pay off.

Joshr29

May 23, 2012
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm gonna have to make it two votes to one in Em's favor.

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, Ace 250, Garret Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
100+ is truly a dream box...

What about 50+ being a Monster Box?

My most is 28 so far. all 40%.

TheNotoriousA.G.

Apr 29, 2013
Detector(s) used
Hands & Ears
Primary Interest:
Other
A District 12 dream box is a different thing than a District 2 dream box...

I dream of finding any box with more than 15 keepers!

theekman

Jan 1, 2013
Illinois
Detector(s) used
garrett ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't get "dream boxes" being labeled as 100+.

What if you get a box with 100 40%ers which equals to just under 15oz of silver.

But if you get a box with all 90's but only 50 say, that would be over 18oz and you save $25 on face value, so worth more and costs less but it's still cant be considered a "dream box".

Mkelly315

May 19, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where can you find places with potential dream boxes? All of the banks by me are from Garda, Brinks, etc... What banks have CWR's?

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
Interesting that all the younger posters agree with lowering the standard. They also probably grew up at a time where everyone got a ribbon for participating.

Theekman - it isn't about the total ounces culled. It is about the experience of opening a box where at a minimum 1 out of every 10 coins is a keeper (referring to halves; because we all know that if we cracked a box of quarters with 5 keepers, we would crap our pants.)

theekman

Jan 1, 2013
Illinois
Detector(s) used
garrett ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting that all the younger posters agree with lowering the standard. They also probably grew up at a time where everyone got a ribbon for participating.

Theekman - it isn't about the total ounces culled. It is about the experience of opening a box where at a minimum 1 out of every 10 coins is a keeper (referring to halves; because we all know that if we cracked a box of quarters with 5 keepers, we would crap our pants.)

Im not saying to lower it, if thats the standard for a dream box then it is what it is. Im just saying as far as total oz's go which is generally what ppl want is more total oz's, that it doesn't make sense. Ill take 50 90'ers over 100 40'ers any day of the week, and if its not called a dream box then so be it, i dont really care how much % of the box is silver, I only look at total oz at the end of the day.

BuyMyTreasure

Apr 23, 2013
MI
Primary Interest:
Other
Interesting that all the younger posters agree with lowering the standard. They also probably grew up at a time where everyone got a

nope. Sort of like soccer, we have the rec league and the elite travel league.

I am in the rec league, dream for me would be 20, since I only do 2 boxes a week.

The elite travel league at 20-50 boxes a week can dream of 100

mAGma

May 29, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
I say keep it, because it gives everybody something to shoot for. My question would be whats the "dream bag" quota. Bags I get are $1000 as opposed to $500 for boxes. I've got a bag with 191 40% and a bag with 93 40% / 14 90% in the past 4 months, and its hard for me to imagine things getting much better than that.

Sleepy Holow

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2013
Expanding Operations
Detector(s) used
Never used one, but am interested
Primary Interest:
Other
I like 100+ being the standard. The game of baseball has evolved over the years, but they still have one record book.

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
100+ is a dream box. My best is 88, so I haven't found one yet, but when I do, I want to be part of THAT elite club, not the one that everyone is in cuz we decided to lower the standard. We don't give gold medals, WSOP bracelets, blue ribbons, or chicken dinners to first AND second place. Lol.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A dream box is 100+ silvers of any kind, there is a reason it's called a dream box...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions