Dream Mat

Cave_Dweller

Jun 27, 2016
Scotland
Detector(s) used
Lots of DIY abominations
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I use dream mat and it's very popular over here in the UK because you don't have to classify with it. The smaller mini mat yes you do, down to 1/4 inch max or #8 mesh preferably. I'm not just saying this because I'm friendly with the guy who makes it in both Aus and America, but it really is great matting. Whenever I've used it I've had 100% catch rate, or so I'm guessing. It was set up as a river sluice with a catch bucket for the tailings. After 20 25l buckets there wasn't even a spec of gold in the tailings bucket. What set it apart from the rest of the mats out there is the amount of cons you have to work with afterwards, you are literally left with a handful of material to go through at the end of the day.

I've ripped the riffles and keene matting out of my 52inch folding sluice and replaced them all with normal cell sized dream mat, 10x36 inches. They are bringing out new designs too as we speak, even sizes to fit in big wash plants. My post about it can probably be found in the wrong section here somewhere lol

I haven't personally used it much, but have many friends here that do. If you want more info let me know. Another friend of mine has just got the go ahead to start making it over here in Europe, so that's all over the world that can have easy access to it.

Truth be told, a lot of people are finding it hard to accept it because of its design, but when it works so well you can't really complain.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is no way I could feed it unclassified due to the type of gravels I have.

It wouldn't exchange properly.

On a banker or wash plant and large sluice area I could see it working well on the undersize material. But not if your working in an area with a lot of flat rock like slate.

Cave_Dweller

Jun 27, 2016
Scotland
Detector(s) used
Lots of DIY abominations
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
There is no way I could feed it unclassified due to the type of gravels I have.

It wouldn't exchange properly.

On a banker or wash plant and large sluice area I could see it working well on the undersize material. But not if your working in an area with a lot of flat rock like slate.

I suppose it depends on the type of ground you work on and how you work it. Because of our ban on powered equipment over here I just use a 2.5" hand pump to get my pay dirt and the depth we have to go to in the rivers means using a shovel is pointless, it all gets washed off by the time you bring it to the surface lol. I normall set my dream mat up right beside where I'm digging a hole, then just pump straight into it, but the 2.5" pump doesn't let much big stuff in.

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
IIRC, wasn't there a fellow selling a sluice with that same swirly design?

Can't recall the name of it, but that looks like a rubber version of that
spendy sluice. And at $88 for a 8"x36" piece it's equally as expensive.

Stuff had better be good at that price.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
IIRC, wasn't there a fellow selling a sluice with that same swirly design?

Can't recall the name of it, but that looks like a rubber version of that
spendy sluice. And at $88 for a 8"x36" piece it's equally as expensive.

Stuff had better be good at that price.

You are thinking of the Goldwell sluice maybe? That’s out of production.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

winners58

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was looking at these, that are a copy of the goldwell slice but plastic/rubber https://www.devingoldexploration.com/
not sure I would rely on one capture area, or type of mat's I like having at least three zones,
if one section missed some, it would catch in another, goldhog, dream mat, goldwell all in one high-banker?

Last edited:

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I suppose it depends on the type of ground you work on and how you work it. Because of our ban on powered equipment over here I just use a 2.5" hand pump to get my pay dirt and the depth we have to go to in the rivers means using a shovel is pointless, it all gets washed off by the time you bring it to the surface lol. I normall set my dream mat up right beside where I'm digging a hole, then just pump straight into it, but the 2.5" pump doesn't let much big stuff in.

you guys aren't allowed to dig out of the water?

X4FRNT

Dec 5, 2019
Salisbury NC
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I love my dream mats, I have 2 6”x18” mats and a 6”x18” vortex mat that I use for cleanups. I love them, and as advertised the gold rarely makes it past the third or fourth set of cells. You can get the 6” wide mats for around $40

Stretchmo

Jun 25, 2020
Central Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
35" Gold Rat 888 Backpacker Sluice w/Mini Cell Dream Mat; Gold Rat Mini/Pocket Sluice; Gold-n-Sand X-Stream Hybrid Pro Hand Dredge; Gold Claw; various pans/classifiers/crevicing tools.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I work the rivers, streams and brooks of western MA and absolutely LOVE my Gold Rat 888 Backpacker Sluice:

With a proper set-up (8.5 - 9 degrees), the 8" x 24" mini cell Dream Mat captures ~95% of the gold I put through it. The catch pan at the end grabs the rest - mostly flat flakes that get caught up in the flow.

Last edited by a moderator:

X4FRNT

Dec 5, 2019
Salisbury NC
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I use the dream mat in my clean up sluices, classify down to 1/4”. Works perfectly as a recirculating sluice with a 1100 pump, the gold doesn’t go past the first 3-4 rows. I love it. I use my drop riffle sluice in the river though, it makes quick work out of a 5 gallon bucket, otherwise I would use my dream mat sluice down there as well. I bought my mats and sluice from sunny mountain prospectors, running the 6”x18” sluice, with a 6”x18” extension, running the micro dream mat and the mini dream mats in that combination.

A8A8B0FC-4B08-488D-95E0-8F25FDA3A39C.jpg

southfork

Bronze Member
Jun 15, 2014
California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have micro–Dream Mat in my Blue Bowl works great on classified concentrates. I know this is an old thread but lots of good information from people that use it. The photo is crushed ore the brassy looking particles are dirty gold needing refinement.

Attachments

• P6260991.JPG
    P6260991.JPG
    458.6 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:

njcommercialdiver

Feb 26, 2005
Eastern PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro,
MX500 Proton Mag
fisher gold bug, whites PI, Garrett gold scorpion
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
i just bought a 3 in one for one of my highbankers from carolina prospectors, it starts with the tiny ones at top, then the medium ones, then to the full size ones at the bottom. each section is a 12 x12 section. im gonna be using it next weekend at out gold club outing. im undecided if i want to add 2 strips of the goldhog motherload mat before of after the dream mat

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions