dredge sizing.... for subsurface dredge build 12" to 16"

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
Your pump (type & size & number of pumps )) that you use is also a major factor in what will work for you. What are your ultimate plans for this big dredge ? :coffee2:

OP
OP
L
May 28, 2023
Your pump (type & size & number of pumps )) that you use is also a major factor in what will work for you. What are your ultimate plans for this big dredge ? :coffee2:
pump 8x6 170psi 270hp.... need a high volume dredge to Process a low grade deposit .05g/ton , good grade 5g/ton

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
I've bult and run several size dredge's in the past 2 , 3 , 4 and was in the process of constructing a 5 inch subbie when my time of dredging was ended due to my health . I never got into the bigger size dredge's like your asking about BUT why not call Keene Eng. and ask one of these guy's about these big size nozzles / venturi's ! I did just that and Mark Keene answered all of my question's and made a few pointer's for me to look into ! Big help to me ! There was at one time (on the net ) a guy selling directions to build your venturi's from detailed plan's . I don't know if they are still there but it may be worth a lookie - see if they are still AVA. ! Goggle " Bonaro" he used to post here a lot and is a real nice guy!!!

OP
OP
L
May 28, 2023
I've bult and run several size dredge's in the past 2 , 3 , 4 and was in the process of constructing a 5 inch subbie when my time of dredging was ended due to my health . I never got into the bigger size dredge's like your asking about BUT why not call Keene Eng. and ask one of these guy's about these big size nozzles / venturi's ! I did just that and Mark Keene answered all of my question's and made a few pointer's for me to look into ! Big help to me ! There was at one time (on the net ) a guy selling directions to build your venturi's from detailed plan's . I don't know if they are still there but it may be worth a lookie - see if they are still AVA. ! Goggle " Bonaro" he used to post here a lot and is a real nice guy!!!
had chat to mark and pat......found the pump is too small.... needs to be 4000gpm as jet is 1/3 of pipe....so pump will be 350mm x350mm 175psi 550hp

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
And multiple jets are very much preferred over single jets!! and multiple jets keep your gravels and rocks centered in the venturi to keep the wear down on your jet to keep from blowouts in the side of your jet, plus it helps keep the material you just dredged up in suspension until it hits the riffles ! We sure would like to see a picture of your setup when you get it built !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions