Drill,Knife & Quartz knife tip

DemonCatSpaceStar

Jan 1, 2009
People of the South Wind
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, :hello: I got out in my favorite creek today & on the walk to it I found what I thought was a flint chip with mud on it so I picked it up (thank goodness!), when I got home & washed it off I got a very nice surprise! :headbang: A quartz knife tip ( & just to let you know in this SMALL area I've found a Dart point,knifes, scrapers etc)!

Next one I found is a drill my FIRST COMPLETE DRILL! :headbang::headbang:

Then I thought my day was over & walked up on a knife just about 3 feet from the drill!! 8-)

I tell you what this was the best day Artifact hunting I've had in a long time!

Thanks,
Phil 8-)

Attachments

• IMG_4491.JPG
    IMG_4491.JPG
    320.3 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_4499.JPG
    IMG_4499.JPG
    520.6 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_4498.JPG
    IMG_4498.JPG
    545.8 KB · Views: 125
Upvote 0

ptsofnc

Apr 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That was a very good day! Really like the drill!

Mrdigz

Nov 14, 2015
Long Island ,NY
Detector(s) used
2 Whites MXT pros. Bullseye 2 & Bullseye trx pinpointers.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome finds. That drill is sweat!

mn9000

Oct 10, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You take some great pictures dude, even the small pics in the collages have great resolution when zoomed in on my phone. Good looking finds

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How many other finds have you had its been a while since you have posted. Those are great finds though I bet it was hard to see the knife in that crack of the rocks.

OP
OP
DemonCatSpaceStar

DemonCatSpaceStar

Jan 1, 2009
People of the South Wind
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How many other finds have you had its been a while since you have posted. Those are great finds though I bet it was hard to see the knife in that crack of the rocks.

It's been a while finding time to get out & the rivers have been really high for quite a long time, I couldn't get in the creeks till after hunting season (memorial day) but the stuff I have found is not really worth posting, flakes, broken tools ect.

It really was luck when I spotted the knife! [emoji2]

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's been a while finding time to get out & the rivers have been really high for quite a long time, I couldn't get in the creeks till after hunting season (memorial day) but the stuff I have found is not really worth posting, flakes, broken tools ect.

It really was luck when I spotted the knife! [emoji2]

In this area it is either a drought or flood no in between. Its the year of the flood 2017. Lucky for me they planted some cotton. Corn loves the rain and cotton loves the dry heat. So the cotton fields are good for walking rite now. Im sure you can get out and find some good ones after the rain quits.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I forgot to ask what are you typing your knife as?

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm really no good at telling what type they are, any help would would be great! [emoji2]

The state would help a bit. I almost said Greenville but it shows Archaic or older flaking.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread