🔎 UNIDENTIFIED DRPM? Restaurant China What Does it mean

SlagMaster

Aug 14, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Picked up this cup and saucer at the flea market yesterday. Cant find it in the restaurant china books. Does anyone know what this stands for? I am thinking ship china from great lakes but it could be railroad or restaurant or ? Iroquois mark dates between 1917 up to 1940's.
DSCN1539.JPG

gillious

Jul 17, 2015
Wayne County NY
Detector(s) used
2x Whites 5000d series 2, sears 5000d clone, 3x 6000di
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What area are you in. Maybe a trip to your local historical society would have records of a local restaurant, train, hotel etc. That would possibly have ordered the pieces.

Upvote 2

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
Just the Iroquois china mark on both.
if you could give us the date code letter and number, that would would help us
narrow a time frame for the imprint on the cup, an img of the code would be helpful too

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Retired Sarge

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2009
Panama City Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
P-2 if correct would be Feb 1930.

Upvote 1

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks for the date code,1930 start of the great depression,thinking that will make it much
harder to ID. DRPM was prob well known and popular and doing well enough to have cups made.
I started working off the Indian Chief and the P, M, as maybe a city named for a chief, came
up with the Ottawa chief Pontiac and Pontiac, Michigan named for him, thought some D name D/
Dale,Don, Donna restaurant,Pontiac, Michigan, and probably close to one of the car plants.
Many businesses that depended on the car industry at that time closed up an never reopened.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
S

SlagMaster

Aug 14, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks everyone I think it is solved someone on facebook suggested it stands for Red Men Degree of Pocahantas. It would be from an Improved Order of Red Men local lodge and yes the date code is 1930. I contacted the Red Men museum and they said they think that is what is stands for.

Upvote 5

Retired Sarge

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2009
Panama City Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks everyone I think it is solved someone on facebook suggested it stands for Red Men Degree of Pocahantas. It would be from an Improved Order of Red Men local lodge and yes the date code is 1930. I contacted the Red Men museum and they said they think that is what is stands for.

Cool that you could get an ID, as sometimes these things are lost to history.

Upvote 1

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread