Drywasher conveyer

xracer550

Oct 31, 2012
Palmdale , CA
Detector(s) used
Goldbug 2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
We got to go test the conveyer on tuesday , It worked Great for about 2 hr's but the build up of rocks & dirt shows me that I have to make a few changes , like putting the motor up at the top to keep out of dust & move the electrical connection, the rock's kept knocking them off , & last make a small box to cover the lower bearing assy from falling rock's.

OP
OP
xracer550

xracer550

Oct 31, 2012
Palmdale , CA
Detector(s) used
Goldbug 2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Just in case anybody is interested here are the updates=
Before = gold conveyer 011.JPG After = conveyer mod2 001.JPG
conveyer mod 1 005.JPG conveyer mod 1 009.JPG

madmantrapper

Sep 1, 2018
Carroll County, Maryland
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, explain the process to me. You are classifying at the first stage where you are loading with a shovel correct? Then it is being classified again at the end of the conveyor? How is the material being pushed down the tube and to what?

OP
OP
xracer550

xracer550

Oct 31, 2012
Palmdale , CA
Detector(s) used
Goldbug 2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
We are classifying 1st so large rocks do not go up the conveyer , Then all the classified dirt goes into a standard drywasher that has its own screen , If you wait until the dirt gets to the drywasher then you have to stay in the "dust zone" to remove build up of rocks & keep the screen clean , I am not sure about the tube thing ? , Wait the tube thing is the air hose that makes the drywasher work.

J-Bear

Tenderfoot
Sep 19, 2010
We got to go test the conveyer on tuesday , It worked Great for about 2 hr's but the build up of rocks & dirt shows me that I have to make a few changes , like putting the motor up at the top to keep out of dust & move the electrical connection, the rock's kept knocking them off , & last make a small box to cover the lower bearing assy from falling rock's.

Why not a vibrated trough on downslope.

Rte

Tenderfoot
Sep 11, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Moving ,ore material means MORE gold in the vile !:occasion14::headbang::icon_thumleft::coffee2: AND less work in the process !
That's the key.
My thoughts on your conveyers.
The first screen box should be a motorized trommel.
From the trommel convey the screened down material to the drywasher.
Convey the bigger trommel tailings with your second conveyer.

Here is a more manual labor version still in the r&d stage.
IMG_20220401_090231890_HDR.jpg

OP
OP
xracer550

xracer550

Oct 31, 2012
Palmdale , CA
Detector(s) used
Goldbug 2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
After 3 trips of rigorous testing I distroyed the belts & had to find a supplier for better belts , I think I know why nobody makes conveyors the belts are Expensive & they have lot's of styles , It is hard to pick the right one from picture or a 2" x 4" sample .
That's what I had to do , The first belt I bought was way to stiff & would not follow the channel on the conveyor so I got more samples & found a Good Silicone belt that is really flexable & works Great.
What to do with the other belt ?
Make a Conveyor to work with that belt !
Pictures show how it came out =After Fabrication
001.JPG

Paint =
004.JPG

Assy =
010.JPG

Complete Unit Ready for the GOLD fields =
green 007.JPG
green 020.JPG
green 025.JPG
green 028.JPG

Rock conveyor will work on both sides Left or right
green 045.JPG

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites, Fisher, Garrett, and Falcon.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Just asking where you ended up getting your belt material?
Thanks

OP
OP
xracer550

xracer550

Oct 31, 2012
Palmdale , CA
Detector(s) used
Goldbug 2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
MOL belting Don't tell anyone . Let them see how many styles of belting they have to choose from & how many belt manufactures there are.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread