Dug a million holes, uncovered something killer (imho)

Rhapsody

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2022
North American Continent
Detector(s) used
Nokta Anfibio
Nokta Legend
Human Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hi everyone in webland, hope all is well with you and that peace will resume in the world. I'm not a super social person but realized the value of partaking in the local treasure club so joined mine yesterday and got access to a club permission. The site is a 1900 house remodel/relandscape. About 20 people pounded this site already but I gave it a go. Dug 12 pouches of trash and the pile of 'goodies' seen on thumbnail today. The find of the day was the mailslot tag? Love local history so was thrilled with this relic. The pixie maybe silver I need to scratch it as silver coins looked strange out of this site with an almost brass patina. Happy diggin' everyone and remember 'never hunted out'.

Attachments

• allfinds.JPG
    allfinds.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 166
  • site #1.JPG
    site #1.JPG
    4.2 MB · Views: 129
  • site #2.JPG
    site #2.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 126
  • pixie.JPG
    pixie.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 167
  • mailslot tag.JPG
    mailslot tag.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 166
  • tag reverse.JPG
    tag reverse.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 168
Upvote 21
OP
OP
R

Rhapsody

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2022
North American Continent
Detector(s) used
Nokta Anfibio
Nokta Legend
Human Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Wolverine Brass works.. Wonder if thats a Michigan company ?....
I'll have to do a little research as follow up, that thing was in a sea of canslaw and I was about to call it quits when I popped it (saved the hunt) so feel lucky to have found it. I often feel like the only reason I dig goodies is sheer persistence and a little masochism but if you love digging whatchagonnado.

Turns out it is from Grand Rapids, MI and its a toilet roll dispenser (would've had a steel rod attachment where the little hooks are). Pretty neat, looks good in the relic case.

Last edited:

Hunk-a-lead

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2020
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Predator Phoenix Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi everyone in webland, hope all is well with you and that peace will resume in the world. I'm not a super social person but realized the value of partaking in the local treasure club so joined mine yesterday and got access to a club permission. The site is a 1900 house remodel/relandscape. About 20 people pounded this site already but I gave it a go. Dug 12 pouches of trash and the pile of 'goodies' seen on thumbnail today. The find of the day was the mailslot tag? Love local history so was thrilled with this relic. The pixie maybe silver I need to scratch it as silver coins looked strange out of this site with an almost brass patina. Happy diggin' everyone and remember 'never hunted out'.
nice variety of finds, well done. Hope you enjoy the treasure club

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you get to get up under the porch there are probably some goodies under it.

RJGMC

Sep 6, 2008
KANSAS CITY METRO
Detector(s) used
SIMPLEX, EQUINOX AND TESORO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And now we finally have the answer to the location of car 54!

Car 54 where are you!

Some of you will understand!

Bob

OP
OP
R

Rhapsody

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2022
North American Continent
Detector(s) used
Nokta Anfibio
Nokta Legend
Human Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Chilli

Feb 10, 2022
OZ
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705
Garrett 24k
Great haul! 👍

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread